Knoxville Halls offseason discussion

fairplay2121

As a matter of a fact, I don't have a lack of knowledge. A friend of mine was using my computer and CoachT was uknowingly signed into my name. However, I do agree with him for the most part. Anyways, I've (Pirateman894) have talked to Wesley Kitts. He, obviously, has gotten local-small school offers. However, Michigan State seen a highlight reel of him and was impressed. Though that's a LONG SHOT, best of luck to W-Kitts

Michigan State that would be a great school for a Halls guy. Hope it works out.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so..around the league: (hope this is correct)

Andre Sterling (Farragut)- Ole Miss

Brent Hughes (Halls)- Cumberland

Daniel Dayton (Halls)- Cumberland

Jake Ryan (West)- Austin Peay

Will Coley (West)- Air Force (I don't know if that's for football, though)

Brent Burnette (Maryville)- Middle Tennessee State

Stephen Shiver (Maryville)- I never heard the latest. MTSU was my most recent discovery

anyone else have n e thing?

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard that Halls has had some players come out who weren't on the team last year, any truth to that?

I have heard that a few returnees have started working out. The two names I hear the most are McConkey and Shaddix. Both sat out last year.

Did anyone ever hear if Kitts signed with anyone?

The only spring scrimmage I know about is D.B. at Home on May 9th at 5:30.

I can't wait for spring to answer some questions. This could be a big year for the Devils. After last years 8-4 record. Three of those four losses by powerhouses like Bearden, Maryville & Red Bank. This team has a chance to set some records. KJ is bringing the excitment back to the Crossroads in football again.

I haven't heard about Wesley but someone said maybe a walk on opportunity at Michigan State? Not sure.

Let's get the guessing game started - who is likely to start where next year? Here is my two cents:

Offense:

*TE - D. Cottrell (SR)

*RT - S. Hill (SR)

*RG - C. Leonard (SR)

C - J. Raby - (SR)

*LG - M. Laddish (SR)

LT - ??

*SE - B. Johnson(SR) / G. Gresham (JR)

*QB - T. Turner(SR)

*RB - K. Waggoner(SR)

FB - D. Hodge (SR) / J. Burton(JR)

RB - ??

*Punter - T.Turner

* - returning starters

- 8 out of 12 positions return, but what big shoes we have to fill ! (Dayton, Kitts, Kelley, Gunter, Plunk, and three year starter Blair)

- Any comments? Someone else can give their two cents on defense.

I'll take a stab at Defense..I might be off, but here's how I see it

DE - Caleb Leonard

DE - Micah Bolden (look for Burton here as well)

DT - Steven Hill (someone will have to fill in here a lot I think, maybe the Shaddix kid?)

DT - Ben McFalls (Look for Laddish to likely start here somewhere when all is said and done, possibly in place of Steven Hill. I just wasn't sure where to pencil Laddish in at)

(All D linemen above are probably interchangeable to situations and opponent as Coach Hassell likes everyone of his linemen to be able to play any position)

MLB - Daniel Hodge

SLB - Dorian Cottrell (look for Jonathan Case to back up here if he doesn't win the starting position at either inside backer position)

SS - Cory Fitzpatrick (maybe McGill again?)

WS - Kevin Waggoner (Josh Hillard to fill in quite a bit sense Waggoner appears to be in line to get the majority of touches at RB this coming season.)

CB - Chris McGill and Garrett Gresham (also Chad Bright started against South Doyle I think, so look for him more in the secondary this year)

FS - Brandon Johnson (and Tyler Turner)

All of this is assuming that Halls uses the same scheme that I think I saw most of last year. I think they will have a lot of people rotating on defense more this year than last year as the sophomores will be juniors and more prepared than they were as sophs. That's class is very talented as is this Senior Class.

I've been hearing some good things about a couple of the rising sophomore linemen. Maybe they will be able to contribute somewhere this year. It just seems easier for a linemen to adjust a lot of the time than a skill guy. Anyone heard anything on the O'Laughlin kid (sp?). I figured he would play into some of the offensive scheming by the Big Red this year. Also, I think Ben McFalls will start somewhere on the Oline this coming season, so perhaps that is your LT position Ironman.

All in all, I see the defense probably rotating around 20-25 guys.

This will be our year. The Sophomore Class is talented at some spots buy may not see the field much other then special teams b/c of the majurity of their bodies. The Junior class, which may have the most god-given talent of the team, will have several guys find their way into the starting line-up for friday nights. But most spots this year will be filled by seniors. These guys are very talented and are defiantly the hardest working group to go through the program in years. These guys are work-a-holics and are addicted to the weight room. If the Juniors and Sophomores follow their lead we have a very good chance of playing 15 ball games this year.

here are some more possible starters this year:

FB: John Case (5'10" 195) *great athelete and needs to be on the field somewhere

RB: Chris Mcgill (5'9" 175) *had several good runs last year to give kitts a break

WR/DB: Jeff Noblin (6'0" 170) *great athelete who should be given some looks this year

RB/DL: Ryan Pixley (5'9" 160) *the teams wild man. Probably is the toughest kid pound for pound on the team

DL: Brad Stenkie (6'0 190) *Has the skill to play, Also may see some time at tight end.

*** Also look out for "hall way" recruit Zach Zibowski. (6'4" 185) Outstanding athelete that may see some playing time at WR or DB