Riverdale Offseason Thread

CantStopTheChop

there's another McClusky boy coming up, will be a sophmore (i believe) and is supposed to be VERY good from what i hear. T. Lilienthal will definately be missed (not terribly for me atleast as im a huge MTSU fan), he was often overshadowed by the name recognition of Spurlock, but he was absolutely dominant this year and went all out every play. we need T-Lily's at every position, he was a heck of a leader on the field.

You are right on the money with this comment, td. Lilenthal is very quick and has a good sense of the game. He was instrumental for the success this yr. It all starts with the snap and the confidence the QB has in his center. It seemed that your QB and Center played as a single unit and many who don't really understand the game don't realize the importance of having a mobile and strong center and how they impact the game.

Hey TDntn what does Spurlock think about his Florida State pick now? Is he regretting his choice? Are you going to the Music City Bowl? I think with 34 Warrior players out, My Wildcats may can take them down....as long as they don't sneak and suit up D-lock. I can't wait til gametime. I have great seats. Hopefully this will make up for the dang Vols pulling it out a few weeks ago.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right on the money with this comment, td. Lilenthal is very quick and has a good sense of the game. He was instrumental for the success this yr. It all starts with the snap and the confidence the QB has in his center. It seemed that your QB and Center played as a single unit and many who don't really understand the game don't realize the importance of having a mobile and strong center and how they impact the game.

Hey TDntn what does Spurlock think about his Florida State pick now? Is he regretting his choice? Are you going to the Music City Bowl? I think with 34 Warrior players out, My Wildcats may can take them down....as long as they don't sneak and suit up D-lock. I can't wait til gametime. I have great seats. Hopefully this will make up for the dang Vols pulling it out a few weeks ago.

First let me start off by saying Travis will have a very good career at MTSU, and as for him being overshadowed by David, you guys are way off your mark. David is very happy with his decision to commit to the Seminoles, and let's not think that other (UT) programs have not had their mistakes.

I was not insinuating that other programs had not had scandal.......My Wildcats have had their share for sure with being busted too. I think there are plenty that are very guilty and just have been fortunate to not have gotten caught as of yet.

I just don't think they are finished yet at Florida State with the findings......hate that b/c I like Bowden and always have. Spurlock will just probably get playing time earlier out of it all. He will make the Boro proud no matter what. He is a heck of a player and I am sure his folks are ecstatic with pride.

first of all bowden had nothing to do with that situation...and not all of those kids are guilty of cheating...the 36 include injured players and other academic issues and it also includes the scandal....the other academic issue doenst make them NCAA inelegible but by florida state standards they are like snoop minnis in 2000 he was legal by NCAA and even graduated but he GPA in one class was a D so he was inelgible by the upperclassman rule at florida state and there are a few this year that fall under that they are not releasing any names of who is what because they are not allowed to uinder the privacy law so we dont know who is not there for whatever reason ...now the ones that cheated was reported by a player and is all being handled by FSU and all turned in by FSU NCAA did not start any of this and changes have been made in the online course

spurlock is not going to regret this decsion we are on our way up I will also be at the game HOWEVER i will be working the concession stand for RIVERDALE BASEBALL in the north endzone so if you are gonna be there stop in and see me(opposite side of logans)also at the bud stand lol

there's another McClusky boy coming up, will be a sophmore (i believe) and is supposed to be VERY good from what i hear. T. Lilienthal will definately be missed (not terribly for me atleast as im a huge MTSU fan), he was often overshadowed by the name recognition of Spurlock, but he was absolutely dominant this year and went all out every play. we need T-Lily's at every position, he was a heck of a leader on the field.

I thought we had a pretty good center on the freshmn team a couple years ago? It worries me to think about having a sophomore at center. There were a couple linemen on the freshmen team that looked like they might be ready to play next year but don't remember who they were. Unfortunately, offensive lnemen don't get theri names called that much.

I was looking at the freshmen roster and there are several of those 'legacy' names out there.

lastone2know...are you still around?

All of the eggnog got too me ... /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> But yeah i'm here ... trying to catch back up on whats been going on... so who is leaving to go to OHS ??? I am way out of it... dang miss a few weeks & you feel like you miss a year.. someone please catch me up.

Thanks for wondering where I had been TDCman

All of the eggnog got too me ... /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> But yeah i'm here ... trying to catch back up on whats been going on... so who is leaving to go to OHS ??? I am way out of it... dang miss a few weeks & you feel like you miss a year.. someone please catch me up.

Thanks for wondering where I had been TDCman

Glad to see you back on here lastone2know.

I am not sure if any of the coaches currently at Riverdale are coming to OHS. Rumors are swirling about Coach Feilds, but I don't see him leaving his successful track program to come to OHS as an assistant. No way Breeden leaves his softball team with Cat returning. I think it is mostly the ones who were already gone from RHS that are now gearing up in Patriot Country. Not sure how many of them are on board. I am hearing Gardner, Snow, White, and Sharsch will be on board in Jan. I still don't know where they will get any teaching positions for 5 that quickly. I know we sure had problems in the past with getting any teaching slots for coaches for Ferg. We had a skeletal staff. I guess things have changed and Oakland is no longer on Santa's naughty list?

Glad to see you back on here lastone2know.

I am not sure if any of the coaches currently at Riverdale are coming to OHS. Rumors are swirling about Coach Feilds, but I don't see him leaving his successful track program to come to OHS as an assistant. No way Breeden leaves his softball team with Cat returning. I think it is mostly the ones who were already gone from RHS that are now gearing up in Patriot Country. Not sure how many of them are on board. I am hearing Gardner, Snow, White, and Sharsch will be on board in Jan. I still don't know where they will get any teaching positions for 5 that quickly. I know we sure had problems in the past with getting any teaching slots for coaches for Ferg. We had a skeletal staff. I guess things have changed and Oakland is no longer on Santa's naughty list?

I know this is a Warrior thread but 2p I just wanted you to know you guys are getting some great quality coaches and even better human beings! These young men as coaches and men will help the players from Oakland not only with football but life lessons and are great examples. Go Pats!

The thing that bothers me warhawks is losing the Oakland traditions. I am afraid everything will turn to a mini-Riverdale. I know that sounds great to you, but it isn't to me. Marty U preached the Oakland way to our players, never letting them forget the greats from teams past. You can't convince me that these guys are better at teaching life lessons than Marty and Ferg were. OHS dealt with so much adversity over the years......Siegel opening and losing their principal to them....seeing zone exempts given like candy to Siegel..... losing a top midstate player to another school....deaths of students close to our program.....deaths of parents of players......the Pico ordeal.... working with a skeletal staff........Ferg had his hands full with just those issues. Ferg was not a rulebreaker and he dealt with the hand given him. Folk don't realize how many young men were saved literally b/c of Marty and Ferg and their strong Christian guidance in their lives. Talk to some of our players about their coaches and the strong Christian staff that surrounded them. I remember after one camp that multiple players were so moved that they were baptized in a swimming pool.I only pray that this new staff will have the same values and guide these young men in a positive manner. Sometimes it isn't all about winning games, it is about winning at life. Marty could do both.

Now before I get jumped on here, I am certainly not insinuating that any of the coaches coming are not men of the highest Christain calibur as well. I want you to tell me about them.