Div. II Preview

mfalc04

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How big are those guys? I mean I know Preston's a big boy but how big are the other guys?

Can they match up with the skilled 6'6, 6'7 guys from BA and Ensworth?

Sloan is the biggest of those players, and he is a wide body kind of like Preston, he can probably out muscle most of the other post guys. Colbert is a sophmore but is very skilled inside and out, and is the most athletic post on MBA

alright guys ive been watching basketball in middle tennessee for a while now. heres the players and teams to watch for this year

USN- Ricky Coleman- Best player is Coleman, he is a very athletic player who can play in the post as well as on the perimeter. other than that, not very talented team.

Father Ryan- Patrick Bontrager- Bontrager has a real strong post to play along side with

JPII- Wesley Tate- Tate is in the same boat as Coleman, overall JPII isnt very talented

MBA- Davis, Holden Mobley- Both strong guards, Mobley is a good scorer. Not going to have too much in the post. Sloan will do pretty well. he has a soft touch for a big man.

BGA- Daniel Parker- All BGA has. Only returning starter for BGA having started since an 8th grader. He will be one of the best players in Division II. Post Ryan Bristol can jump higher than anyone else i have seen in a while. However he is just raw talent. Otherwise, teams not very good

EHS- Miles Asafo-Adjei, Gary Pope- Both very strong players. Gary Pope is more of the scorer. he is a force inside even though he is only 6'1. He is very strong and knows how to fight in the post. Miles is more of a defensive guard. He is not well known for hs scoring. Along with these two, they have a handful of others.

BA- Rob Murphy, Thad Mchaney- Both are pretty dominate in the post. Rob is a very strong post with lots of good strong moves. Thad is probably the most athletic player on BA's team this year. Although he does not have an outside game at all, he knows how to score from close in. BA is weak at the guard position. Freshman Weldon Garlington is a young quick guard. I dont see much out of him(too weak and small) He'll get eaton up be other DII guards

In my opinion the two best players in the middle division of DII this year are Tavaris Jefferson from Ensworth and Daniel Parker from BGA. both are very strong guards and a great matchup to watch. However with Jefferson being hurt, Gary Pope will step up and become the Tigers leader.

Briarcrest by far the best team i have seen play. Watched them over the summer dominate in a team camp.

alright guys ive been watching basketball in middle tennessee for a while now. heres the players and teams to watch for this year

USN- Ricky Coleman- Best player is Coleman, he is a very athletic player who can play in the post as well as on the perimeter. other than that, not very talented team.

Father Ryan- Patrick Bontrager- Bontrager has a real strong post to play along side with

JPII- Wesley Tate- Tate is in the same boat as Coleman, overall JPII isnt very talented

MBA- Davis, Holden Mobley- Both strong guards, Mobley is a good scorer. Not going to have too much in the post. Sloan will do pretty well. he has a soft touch for a big man.

BGA- Daniel Parker- All BGA has. Only returning starter for BGA having started since an 8th grader. He will be one of the best players in Division II. Post Ryan Bristol can jump higher than anyone else i have seen in a while. However he is just raw talent. Otherwise, teams not very good

EHS- Miles Asafo-Adjei, Gary Pope- Both very strong players. Gary Pope is more of the scorer. he is a force inside even though he is only 6'1. He is very strong and knows how to fight in the post. Miles is more of a defensive guard. He is not well known for hs scoring. Along with these two, they have a handful of others.

BA- Rob Murphy, Thad Mchaney- Both are pretty dominate in the post. Rob is a very strong post with lots of good strong moves. Thad is probably the most athletic player on BA's team this year. Although he does not have an outside game at all, he knows how to score from close in. BA is weak at the guard position. Freshman Weldon Garlington is a young quick guard. I dont see much out of him(too weak and small) He'll get eaton up be other DII guards

In my opinion the two best players in the middle division of DII this year are Tavaris Jefferson from Ensworth and Daniel Parker from BGA. both are very strong guards and a great matchup to watch. However with Jefferson being hurt, Gary Pope will step up and become the Tigers leader.

Briarcrest by far the best team i have seen play. Watched them over the summer dominate in a team camp.

MTwatcher, is there a post player at Ensworth who transferred from BA? Who will Ensworth have down low this year?

MTwatcher, is there a post player at Ensworth who transferred from BA? Who will Ensworth have down low this year?

The post that transfered named Trent Wallace. He is about 6'7 and will play some in the post, but he is also an outside threat that can shoot the three. So Gary Pope will handle most of the post duties along with sophomore Daniel Mcfadden who will also be a force. He and Pope combined for 51 of Ensworth's 89 points last night in the win against BGA.

yes the post is Trent Wallace. He is a very athletic player who will play more of a swing man for Ensworth. He has not scored much so far for Ensworth this year, however he will most likely have a few stand out games for the fact that he is a miss match wherever he plays. He handles and shoots the ball like a guard and is also 6'7. so the other team will have to have a very athletic post man to guard him. Very tough to handle when in the game with Pope and Mcfadden