Alcoa vs DCA

Tornado89

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was dissapointed. Not in Alcoa but in DCA. I thought they intended to play football and give us a test. Alcoa showed what they can do, oh and that goal line stand with Alcoas 2nd against DCA's first is one to rememeber. Were are all the people saying it would be close from DCA, and those that said we would lose. Goodpasture is about to be 3 strikes and your out.

38 - ooh ooh!!! I TOLD THE DCA FANS THAT THOUGHT THAT ALCOA WAS A JOKE!! YOU CAN'T SAY ALCOA HAS NO CLASS BECAUSE THEY COULD HAVE REALLY SCORED AT LEAST 50 OR 60!! AND SO MUCH FOR THAT HIGH POWERED OFFENSE OF DCA! NO DISRESPECT TO DCA BUT THEY'D COME IN 3RD IN OUR REGION. CAK AND LOUDON AND MAYBE ROCKWOOD WOULD BEAT THEM HANDILY.

"Too Hype" is alive and well! Nobody believes the speed until the see it (or not)

What you're not understanding is our kicker just may be the key to the game. Field position will play a huge part in this game and 85% of his kicks are in the endzone! He has a heck of a foot!

I love when I'm right! I told you guys that our kicker had a foot and he showed it once again. How many times did DCA even cross the 50 yrd. line?? I don't think they did one time against the first team but I'm not sure. Brodus is something special and he's only a sophomore.

Well it looks like all the Alcoa fans were correct about what they thought would happen. Its a great thing to be a Tornado. DCA would probably be the third best team in our region. I thought that the other region was better and the that all the teams over there were really good. Well anyways, I guess that is not true and Alcoas region is just as good wowwww. That is sad. The speed was just too much to handle. The atmospere and pressure of the game really got to DCA but even if it hadn't I do not think that the outcome would have been any different. We just are on another level like I said in some previous posts. Congrats to DCA though for making it to the fourth round. They played hard but were just not near good enough. I saw a bunch of Alcoa players out there with a lot of HEART. I can't wait until we go back to the boro and spoil GPs chances once again. I have no good things to say about them. I hope we beat them 60-0 and then rub it in their faces. They are some of the worst attitude people I have ever been around. I can't believe that DCA beat them. This championship game could get really ugly. Go Tornadoes

Seeing how turn about is fair play;

Some of the posts over the past week from the owner of the name decleater:

"Ok, now let me give you DCA's OFFENSE. First you got #21 a 6'0 185 pound back that runs a true 4.5. Definitely should be a big recruit. He has 1600 yards and 20 something rushing TDs I think with a 8.5 yard a carry average. He also has 6 receiving TD's. And plays a tenacious lock down CB. Then you have #14 a 5"10 175 pound QB that is pretty quick and elusive himself and can throw it all over the yard. He has 2300 yards and 26 TD's with only 9 ints and is third in the state. He has broken DCA's all time TD record for a single season and career and is less than 200 yds from breaking the all time career yards. I think not only will #21 be the best back you have seen all year, #14 will also be the best QB you have seen all year except for the one you have taking snaps for you. He has anchored DCA's offense all year with the help of #21. Then you have FB #36 a 6'2 195 pound bust you in the mouth on both sides of the ball player. Then you have # 7 as receiver when need a big play he is there. A top ten receiver in the state with yards. Then you have #22 6'4 also a top 25 receiver in the state. Then you have #84 also a good solid receiver that if hadn't been for injury and cramps early in the season would have been a top 25 receiver in the state. The you have TE #35 a solid guy for short yardage plays with good hands. Also a guy that will be doing the banging on the other side of the ball. And also don't forget DCA has had to play all four quarters due to their tough region a lot of games this season. How do you think that will play on Alcoa. They have been able to rest in the last 24 minutes of most games they have played this year. Are they conditioned is all I am asking? Also there was thread about how coaching is better in Alcoa. DCA's Head coach is in the top ten of winningest coaches of all time in the state. And they have been in the playoffs something like 20 straight years with 3 state titles and 2 silver balls as well. So believe me they are well coached. This game on paper should be a barn-burner and I don't think the young lads will let us down on the field. Go DCA play like you have played all year!!"

I guess they answered your questions didn??™t they? Even with all of the talent DCA has it still wasn??™t enough. Guess you got to see the F5 tonight didn??™t you?

"They play together as one and with more heart than any other team they have played this year. GO DCA!"

Looks like the other team had more heart than your boys tonight huh?

"Yes sir they do have an OL and DL and a darn good one on both sides of the ball I would say, but that thread was just talking about skill players??¦.."

It appears that the Tornadoes have more skill than your ???skilled players???. I hate to say I told you so but, I told you so!!

"Well first of all all of the kids that are playing for DCA this year have been there from 1st grade on. So if you are saying that DCA pays for their athletes to go to school you have lost your mind. And if you feel that private schools should be in 11a where should open zoned schools be playing?"

They will be playing in Murfreesboro next week!

"Believe me my friend they know exactly how good Alcoa is and that DCA will definitely be the underdog. But you have to still be hopeful and determined to get it done and DCA is very capable of the issuing the upset Friday if they take care of the ball and a couple of things go their way..."

The only upset DCA got tonight was an upset stomach after looking at the scoreboard.

"Heart is exactly what wins ball games TGOLD. You can have all the talent in the world (New York Yankees) and not win a thing. Heart is what drives those players to be stronger faster and play as one for their team and when you tired in the forth when your speed and strength is gone what do you pull from? That's right your heart. I am not saying that Alcoa doesn't have all of these things I am just saying so do the boys in blue yellow and white. And that is why any thing can happen. GO DCA. Heart is what it takes! SPEED IS GREAT! STREGNTH IS GREAT! AND PLAYING AS ONE IS IMPORTANT and both teams have all of the these traits. BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE HEART! GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN FRIDAY NIGHT BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN FRIDAY NIGHT AND WHEN THEY DO DON'T PRESS. PLAY HARD AND PLAY WITH HEART. LEAVE IT ALL ON THE FIELD FOR 48 MINUTES..."

You got to see real speed, strength and HEART tonight. I guess that the Tornadoes wished they would??™ve had a better warm up game for next week, but at least the JV boys got to play and keep the shut out alive until the end.

"Well, its here the eve before the huge came between the 3yr defending 2a state champs the Alcoa Tornadoes and the DCA Wildcats. I have to say this week's threads about this game have been great and to be honest they have not been hateful or off color in any way other than that ASBY guy, everyone has been respectful to the other team and has just rooted for their Team. I will say I can not wait to make the drive up I 40 to see this game. I will be honest I am just glad I will not be on the side lines for either team this week. There will be hard hitting, big plays, ups and downs and unfortunately there has to be a winner and a loser. But that is sports right? I just think that the true winners in this game will be the fans because it should play out to be one tremendous game on both sides. GOOD LUCK TO DCA and I HOPE ALL PLAYERS STAY INJURY FREE."

It sounds to me like the fans were cheated, I mean 31-0 at the half and then the Tornadoes score on their first drive after the half??¦.. c??™mon?!?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I told you decleater that your record would be 12-2 and done. Just couldn't believe could you?

Now you can go watch basketball next week (live I've been doing for the past week thanks to the DCA Cats). It's not too bad. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" The Dragons are 4-0 on the court so far!!

All in all I'm glad it was an injury free game. Sounds like DCA had a night like the Dragons had last Friday night. All it takes is one "off" night and your playing basketball. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Good luck to the Tornadoes next week!!!

Great job to all 2A teams this year, I hope to see you again next season up here on the MOUNTAIN.

congrats to a great football team. it just shows that a program with a lot of great recruitment pays off!! i just wonder how u guys get the players in there$$!! ifind it hard to believe that many d1 athletes come from alcoa? NOT TO GET ON THE R WORD ,but i would love to see the percentage rate of the players birth certificates who where born in blount co. vs. the ones who happen to transfer there from surrounding countys,states???? i would be willing to bet my savings on blount co.25% surrounding cities,county,states 75% no disrespect,but everbodyknows this.ya do a better job than most private schools. except for your neighbors,they must have more $$.

Lets face it, Alcoa is just too good. I think Coach Rankin should just pull out the Goodpasture tape and game plan them for the boro. They can keep practices light this week, maybe just a walk through on thursday. Parents and fans get your hotel reservations ready, if you haven't already. Get your day off set for next friday, travel day. I mean Alcoa is too good, faster than any high school team that has ever played the game, totally unbeatable(EXCEPT FOR MARYVILLE). Poor DCA, too slow, can't run, can't pass, never played a team nowhere near as good as Alcoa, the best High School team in America ( except for Maryville). They should never have beat the powerhouse York, with all their speed, and they should never have beat Tyner, they had 8 running backs that are faster than anybody elses, and lets not forget Bledsoe County, they were tougher than any one else, and now they get Alcoa, the best coached, most talented High School team that has ever played the game. My ole My, what a prize for kicking York's tail, having to face super team! I am sure the DCA players are shaking in their Nikes. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You were right for once;:) Just about everything you said in this post was true huh?? So what do you think about those mighty F5 Tornadoes!! Did we make a believer out of you guys yet? York tried to explain that the talent down here in Blount Co. is on another level. Looks like Alcoa, Fulton, and Maryville will represent the East once again and two of them will be going for the 4-peat!

congrats to a great football team. it just shows that a program with a lot of great recruitment pays off!! i just wonder how u guys get the players in there$$!! ifind it hard to believe that many d1 athletes come from alcoa? NOT TO GET ON THE R WORD ,but i would love to see the percentage rate of the players birth certificates who where born in blount co. vs. the ones who happen to transfer there from surrounding countys,states???? i would be willing to bet my savings on blount co.25% surrounding cities,county,states 75% no disrespect,but everbodyknows this.ya do a better job than most private schools. except for your neighbors,they must have more $$.

What is that sound I hear. It's sounds like, like.... clamoring. Like a jealous person trying to discredit the heart and efoort poured in by a superior team. GUESS WHAT Alcoa does not have to recruit and your whole post is way off base. NOT TO GET ON THE R WORD, you directly brought up the freakin R word. Say what you will, these kids know what they accomplished. I am about sicka nd tired of these accusations all the time. If we recruited we would have bigger players than we do now. Nice try though.

You were right for once;:) Just about everything you said in this post was true huh?? So what do you think about those mighty F5 Tornadoes!! Did we make a believer out of you guys yet? York tried to explain that the talent down here in Blount Co. is on another level. Looks like Alcoa, Fulton, and Maryville will represent the East once again and two of them will be going for the 4-peat!

like i said early,why do you think rankin came there? can you say better money? better recruitment? come on you guys know,you and everbody else ARE NOT STUPID,DUMB OR BLIND!!