Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No prob. i say they are from the smyrna area, but i think they are actually out of murfressboro...

But yea you may want to give them an email or somethin to see iff they will have an internet stream..

Thanks I emailed them hopefully they respond soon. I listened to the Farragut@Bearden game online last night on Farragut's station. Someone at Bearden needs to step up and get the games broadcast somewhere.

Thanks I emailed them hopefully they respond soon. I listened to the Farragut@Bearden game online last night on Farragut's station. Someone at Bearden needs to step up and get the games broadcast somewhere.

Ya the guy from insidesports told me that any tv or radio station (Anybody for profit corp) gets charged so much money from tssaa. And of course the tv people would get charged more...

Ya the guy from insidesports told me that any tv or radio station (Anybody for profit corp) gets charged so much money from tssaa. And of course the tv people would get charged more...

From my point of view the cost would be worth it for the program for people all over the world to be able to listen to every game your team plays. From a marketing viewpoint that has to be one of the most efficient ways to advertise for your program and I commend Farragut and 105.3 WFIV for having this set up for FHS.

For the Bearden folks. First off I am a R'dale fan so I have seen Smyrna more than once this year. LOL

They are NOT just a two man show. They have a Freshman RB that is one of the best in the state and will burn you if you can't stop the run. Second thing is it is NOT just a Sonny-Wilks passing game either. Yes Wilks is a great WR but teams concentrate so much on him that they fail to stop the other WR's that get open. They can catch too!

Their defense is FAST also as is their special teams, and BOTH have a habit of scoring!

Now on top of these things, you have a young man named Sonny Gray that does NOT like to go down, and even when he is has a nasty habit of connecting with passes on the way down. He has also been know to just tuck the ball in and run it himself and scores!

If Bearden does not bring its A+ game they might as well save themselves the bus ride. BTW this is NO time to go cheap so give the team NICE busses instead of a standard school bus as it will make the trip for them better where they can arrive refreshed and relaxed.

As to the refs, they are the same all over the state. Overworked and underpaid and they are human so mistakes can and will happen. Until HS football has instant replay this will go on and on.

Know also that the visitors side is small compared to alot of fields here in Rutherford county. I don't know if Smyrna will bring more stands in but just be ready to stand if they don't.

That in a nutshell is Smyrna football. Anybody out there that can do the same about Bearden?

For the Bearden folks. First off I am a R'dale fan so I have seen Smyrna more than once this year. LOL

They are NOT just a two man show. They have a Freshman RB that is one of the best in the state and will burn you if you can't stop the run. Second thing is it is NOT just a Sonny-Wilks passing game either. Yes Wilks is a great WR but teams concentrate so much on him that they fail to stop the other WR's that get open. They can catch too!

Their defense is FAST also as is their special teams, and BOTH have a habit of scoring!

Now on top of these things, you have a young man named Sonny Gray that does NOT like to go down, and even when he is has a nasty habit of connecting with passes on the way down. He has also been know to just tuck the ball in and run it himself and scores!

If Bearden does not bring its A+ game they might as well save themselves the bus ride. BTW this is NO time to go cheap so give the team NICE busses instead of a standard school bus as it will make the trip for them better where they can arrive refreshed and relaxed.

As to the refs, they are the same all over the state. Overworked and underpaid and they are human so mistakes can and will happen. Until HS football has instant replay this will go on and on.

Know also that the visitors side is small compared to alot of fields here in Rutherford county. I don't know if Smyrna will bring more stands in but just be ready to stand if they don't.

That in a nutshell is Smyrna football. Anybody out there that can do the same about Bearden?

Bearden is as solid of a defense as I have seen in high school football this year. I was on the 1996 Bearden defense that only allowed 77 points in 11 games and I think only 1,300 total yards in those 11 games. They shut down the pass with some great corners and safetys. The defensive line is solid and gets great pressure on the QB and is also the best run defense I have ever seen in high school. They held Farragut who was the #1 offense in the state coming into the game to a little over 150 total yards.

The offense is has started getting its game together over the past six games or so. Tory Works ran for 271 and 4 tds against Farragut, he has about 1800 yards on the year now. Bearden usually has a good short passing game but their top reciever blew his knee out agaist Science Hill earlier in the year and I do not think he will be back against Smyrna. They still have a couple other deep threats including Eicholtz. Eicholtz is also the return man and can make some big returns. Usually Bearden does not do anything spectacular, they just play good solid football all the way around. Overall a well coached level headed team, they don't get scared and make dumb decisions.

I am a current bearden player and here is my answer to all of you doubting Bearden. We will not show up flat because of the long bus ride or emotional win over Farragut Last night. We treated last night's game as a playoff game, not as a rivalry game. As for shutting down the passing game, we WILL get it done, our defense has allowd 14 points in the last 3 games and averages giving up 9 points a game.0ffensively, i would like to see someone who can overpower our O-Line. anyways, be ready Smyrna.

As much as I like your confidence and enthusiasm, there is no need for you to defend the team on the message board. You need to save your talking for the field next friday night. You can read the board and use it to get fired up but do not give them any ammo by talking on here.

Just an update on Madison English, our receiver who blew out kis knee. He did not blow out his knee, he dislocated his kneecap and it was sono popped back into place. Madison has been practicinmg for 3 weeks now and is about 90% healthy, expect to see him play in the Smyrna game

Also, you might not want to give the opposing team any inside information that could allow them to be prepared for something that they otherwise would not have been prepared for. Please just quit talking.

i will not be on the field friday night as i tore every ligament in my ankle in the Ooltewah game. I am not giving them any ammo on here by telling them that we will not be flat so please dont tell me what to do

Sorry if I offended you. I will not talk to or about you again I promise. Peace out.

Also, you might not want to give the opposing team any inside information that could allow them to be prepared for something that they otherwise would not have been prepared for. Please just quit talking.

Way to be a dick, zc /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" .

Also, just to let everyone know, Bearden will prevail in this game because of emotion. This team has been through alot in this past year and wont stop til the jobs done. Expect a fast physical game from both teams, with lots of hard knocks.

BHS-24

SHS-14