Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

Ok how about sean cunningham. If wilks has size, sean is about 6'3" and bigger than any reciever I've ever seen him play. On speed, just look at the 4x400 relay from two years ago and you'll see that he's faster than just about everyone on our team. Don't get me wrong, I don't see one on one coverage because the reciever almost always wins, but if we roll over one of our two very capable safetys, Dawson Halliday or Cory Eicholtz i say bearden gets the job done. Bearden by 8.

smyrna 35

bearden 7

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok how about sean cunningham. If wilks has size, sean is about 6'3" and bigger than any reciever I've ever seen him play. On speed, just look at the 4x400 relay from two years ago and you'll see that he's faster than just about everyone on our team. Don't get me wrong, I don't see one on one coverage because the reciever almost always wins, but if we roll over one of our two very capable safetys, Dawson Halliday or Cory Eicholtz i say bearden gets the job done. Bearden by 8.

I go to BHS and I'll tell u that sean is not 6'3. He is prob. around the 6'0-6'1 range and weighs around 210. He is a very physical corner and he also has wheels like WestKnox said. Our other corner is just as good as Sean-CJ Gunn. CJ has stepped his game up big in the postseason with 4 picks in 3 games I believe...and Halliday will be getting most of the snaps at FS b/c he is a ball hawk and has good instincts. This should be an interesting match-up thought, but I think with how well our team is playing now and everything that happened in the off season to bring the team even closer BHS will win this one...28-17

Just tell me one thing.....who does Bearden have that can stop Wilks? ????????????????????????????? Thats what I thought.....NO ONE!!!!

Just tell us one thing....who does Smyrna have that can stop Torey Works (AKA Rockwood)??????????????????? That's what we thought.... NO ONE!!!!!

Bearden by 10 (at least)

And for the guy who asked who will guard Rod Wilkes, ask Ooltewah, William Blount, and Farragut who. William Blount was supposed to have a high powered spread passing attack and I believe they had around 100 yards of total offense. Ooltewah's offense was supposed to be really good too and we held them to under 100 yards. Now i understand neither of those teams have a player of Wilkes caliber, but Bearden's defense is playing the best I've seen in a while from a high school team. They held Andre to 88 YARDS! All you doubters will be proved Friday night that we are for real this year and won't back down to anyone even if they will be a 1st round draft pick or going to UT!

Congrats to Rod and the two young men from Bearden who will be playing in the East - West game. That is a great honor.

Region 4-5A is well represented with 11 players on the roster. A great accomplishment and tremendous honor for these young men.

Here's hoping for a great game tomorrow night. All this banter is really entertaining, but it doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. It's all opinion until 7pm tomorrow. Folks, drive safe from East TN...at least you gain an hour on the clock coming this way.

well not much left to be said

We will find out in less than 36 hours how the teams stack up. It is all just guess work till the game is played.

One thing is for certain one team will continue on ot their goals the other will end the season short of that goal but still a success.

I have posted this many times in the past but I think it so applicable to hs football and applies to both teams.

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Smyrna Bulldogs,

The haters still don't respect you.

That other ring don't mean a thing Bulldogs. Its time to earn that paper again this week. This game is up to the supporting cast guys for Smyrna. If Will Martin, Jonah Hendricks, and Deon Meadows play good football, I think the Bulldogs win this one. If not, Bearden could be making two trips to Rutherford County in a week.

And for the guy who asked who will guard Rod Wilkes, ask Ooltewah, William Blount, and Farragut who. William Blount was supposed to have a high powered spread passing attack and I believe they had around 100 yards of total offense. Ooltewah's offense was supposed to be really good too and we held them to under 100 yards. Now i understand neither of those teams have a player of Wilkes caliber, but Bearden's defense is playing the best I've seen in a while from a high school team. They held Andre to 88 YARDS! All you doubters will be proved Friday night that we are for real this year and won't back down to anyone even if they will be a 1st round draft pick or going to UT!

how can you possibly even compare smyrna to those teams. none of those teams have a great great qb and four or five capable recievers and number 5