Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Smyrna, you and Indy once again proved to the whole state where the REAL football is played. Good luck next week, looking forward to watching you guys in the Boro.

i believe middle TN has been dominate in 5A as of late, but there's some "REAL" football played in the east two... 3 teams from knox area will be playing for the gold ball yet again this year. there's this team from ET, maryville, maybe you've heard of them....

not taking anything away from smyrna though, from what i've read they seem to be a great team... like i said earlier, looking forward to seeing them with my own eyes next week.

i believe middle TN has been dominate in 5A as of late, but there's some "REAL" football played in the east two... 3 teams from knox area will be playing for the gold ball yet again this year. there's this team from ET, maryville, maybe you've heard of them....

not taking anything away from smyrna though, from what i've read they seem to be a great team... like i said earlier, looking forward to seeing them with my own eyes next week.

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Sorry you're right. Way to go Smyrna and Indy for showing them where the REAL 5A football is played.

Great win by Smyrna. Bearden people are gonna have several complaints though about the officiating. There were several questionable calls and one complete mugging by #21 on #18 from Bearden when they were driving for a score. Smyrna looked impressive from the get go but went very conservative in the second half. Don't know why Smyrna quit passing the ball down field? Granted Gray was getting furious pressure but they had one on one coverage the entire night on Smyrnas recievers. Bearden made too many mistakes on turnovers early on and the Wilkes return for a td was a backbreaker. But Bearden fought to the end and made it a great game down the stretch. That second onsides kick...right in front of me and I still think Bearden came up with it. But whatever the case it is going to be a great game with Indy.

Got to meet several from Bearden and I was very impressed with them. Very classy bunch and they had very nice things to say about the Smyrna ball club. Not too much about the officials though...

I like how the one guy came on here and told everyone to make a note of his post b/c he wwas gonna bring that back up when bearden won. Well I made a note of it havent forgot, just thought it was kinda funny that somehow it got deleted.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BulldogHacker- You won't play in the State Championship...I hate Bearden more than you can imagine...but I've got a feeling I'm going to hate them holding that gold ball on the 8th, too

Why did you doubt!! I got a feeling that SMYRNA will be holding the Gold Ball on the 8th!!!!!!!!

And I did notice how there wasnt nearly as many people there as there was last year when we played ottewal...

Oh and sorry Bearden, better luck next year.

Bearden played one heck of a game. This was definately a hard fought game. I know a few have something about the second onside kick. The smyrna player cought the ball in the air, came to the ground with it, and then it came loose when everyone piled on but he had possesion when he came down. A lot of people will probably argue over this for a while, but hey, everyone has an opinion.