Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

I'm not a Bearden or Smyrna fan. I just want to know when the TSSAA is going to start to hold Refs accountable for the sloppy and sometimes obvious biased play calling. These young men deserve better. The fans pay money to go to these games and they deserve better. What can we as fans and supporters do to make a change for next year?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^you're such a dumb ######

that long touchdown pass was in bounds, i saw the tv recording. they were running it over and over in the news van. so don't give me that it was not the refs. 88's catch was in bounds. 18 didn't fumble the ball. and you guys fumbled that onside kick, i watch it come out before any of his body was within 8 inches of the ground. the lesson i learned from smyrna last night is, if you cheat hard enough...you do win, and when you have the refs on their knees its a cake walk to win.

and defense, ok lets talk about defense. we held your offense to a touchdown and a field goal..... the other touchdown was off a (non-existing) fumble. we scored two touchdowns and it should've been three. so i think our defense did a better job personally....i mean we were going against THE rod wilks (who is pretty impressive i will give you that) and THE sonny gray.

i hope you guys beat independence, that way you get that state chamionship revoked after tssaa realizes what a horrbile game was called last night. and to buy the refs in a HIGH SCHOOL game...thats very unethical

i'm done

opinions are like sphincters. everyone has one and most of them stink. keep telling yourelf what you need to so you can sleep at night slim shady.

that long touchdown pass was in bounds, i saw the tv recording. they were running it over and over in the news van. so don't give me that it was not the refs. 88's catch was in bounds. 18 didn't fumble the ball. and you guys fumbled that onside kick, i watch it come out before any of his body was within 8 inches of the ground. the lesson i learned from smyrna last night is, if you cheat hard enough...you do win, and when you have the refs on their knees its a cake walk to win.

and defense, ok lets talk about defense. we held your offense to a touchdown and a field goal..... the other touchdown was off a (non-existing) fumble. we scored two touchdowns and it should've been three. so i think our defense did a better job personally....i mean we were going against THE rod wilks (who is pretty impressive i will give you that) and THE sonny gray.

i hope you guys beat independence, that way you get that state chamionship revoked after tssaa realizes what a horrbile game was called last night. and to buy the refs in a HIGH SCHOOL game...thats very unethical

i'm done

I went to the game as a neutral observer, just to see a good ball game, and did see that. But I must agree with you about the long pass that the Bearden kid caught along the Smyrna sideline, from where I was sitting the ball was clearly caught in bounds then he took a couple of steps and stepped out of bounds, that was a huge play in the game. Smyrna got several big breaks in the game and took advantage of most of them. I have to say that I came away impressed with Bearden's football team, they hurt themselves with the Fumbles and ints. on offense but their defense played very hard and for the most part shut down Smyrna's offense most of the night.

But by the way that the game went, I can see how Bearden was upset at the end. I couldn't understand why Bearden came out in the second half and ran the ball so much. They were down 17-0, you would think they would have throw it more than they did, but, they know much more than I do, about what they do best. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I dont think you can really blame a game completely on the officiating involved. The players still have to come and beat the other team. Refs don't wear shoulder pads and helmets. You have to learn that sometimes calls can go your way or can against you. Bearden had one of the best seasons in a long time and I congratulate them on this. To be one of the last four teams left in the state is nothing to hang your head for. Good luck Smyrna against Independence

I'm not a Bearden or Smyrna fan. I just want to know when the TSSAA is going to start to hold Refs accountable for the sloppy and sometimes obvious biased play calling. These young men deserve better. The fans pay money to go to these games and they deserve better. What can we as fans and supporters do to make a change for next year?

I wasn't at the game and I don't have a clue if the officials were good, bad or mediocre. But it is almost impossible to hold Refs accountable because there aren't enough of them...This goes the same for basketball, baseball, softball, soccer and whatever else ... Let's say Crew A calls a terrible game and we are going to suspend them for a week...there is hardly anyone to replace them. That makes it very difficult to hold them accountable. You make them mad enough and they will just quit...then you don't have officials....then you don't have games. I can get just as mad as the next guy at officials and I wish something could be done; however, the reality is...nothing will change.

i'm done

you're such a dumb ######

bearden showed a lot of class but you certainly reflect that every team has their exceptions

your whinning certainly does nothing to diminish your teams accomplishments as much as you try.

bearden is an outsatnding football team that as their coach said after the game just did not play very well the 1st half

great teams find ways to win and dont put themselves in position to have to recover onside kicks to have a chance.

Smyrna is a GREAT football team and did what it took to win

3 turnovers 1 returned for a td and an offense that did nothing till the last 4 minutes is why you lost but if blaming it on the refs (who were from memphis and have not called a single game either team has played) makes you sleep good thats fine.

i'm done

[

Don't cheapen the incredible season that Bearden had with this silly bickering. I really think that Smyrna can tell you from experience that you have to be able to play in big games under pressure and win them to succeed at this stage of the game in the playoffs. No offense to Bearden whatsover, but you have never played in a more pressured situation than playing Riverdale High School at Tomahawk. That is a hurdle that you can guys don't have to face yr in and yr out like we do in our region. If you can beat Riverdale with all the hoopla, press, and hatred that goes along with it......you are seasoned.......and you can win the big one when it counts. Smyrna will tell you that was the turning point of their season last yr. It gained them the confidence they needed. Period. Nothing else they will face can bring them down because of that win last year. Nothing.

there's lots of ifs that could have changed the 4th quarter. like ... what if smyrna catches thepass that would have made it 1st down on like the 10 yd line, or what if the two smyrna defenders that broke on the pass that was beardens 1st td dont run into each other and intercept the ball( or just knock it dow instead of tipping it back to the reciever). There's always going to be a lot of what ifs. that's why you play the games.

I am a ooltewah fan that lost to smyna last year.alot of owl fans said,and think the refs beat us.there were sum calls that were questionable,but the bottom line is we didnt play well enough to win.we gave up to many big plays.smyna its hard 2 say but congards.the only reason its hard is your gonna win it all 2 years in a row.bearden get the ball back at the end who says u would have scored?

Ultra conservative???-- going for it on 4th and 11 when you are up by 17 is generally not considered conservative in any league - -- I think you are delusional

Bearden the better team? Not tonight. Who cares about the last 5 minutes? The game must be played for 48 minutes. If Smyrna hadn't decided to play ultra conservative they could have blown bearden out of the stadium. They had absolutely no answers for Rod Wilkes in the first half and what about that stud running back from bearden we heard about all week? Is he the one who did absolutely nothing? Against a prevent defense the worst passing teams can look good. Do you think that if Smyrna had pressed your line and brought a few blitzes that bearden would look that good during the LAST FIVE MINUTES? All that matters is when the clock said ZERO Smyrna had more points. Now go back to East Tenn. with all the other delusional people and enjoy what the SEC team wearing Purple and Gold do to the crappy VOLS. After this weekend people in Knoxville will be having Purple and Gold nightmares. Go Dawgs. Geaux Tigers.