4AAA

BentlyD44

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden is loaded. By far the best team in the district. Farragut lost to Maryville last night which puts them behind the 8 ball. Maryville and Farragut will be 2 and 3. W.B. will surprise and compete every night out. S.D. has a new look which will provide some new interest in south knoxville. Sevier Co., Heritage, and L.C. will bring up the rear.

Bearden is loaded. By far the best team in the district. Farragut lost to Maryville last night which puts them behind the 8 ball. Maryville and Farragut will be 2 and 3. W.B. will surprise and compete every night out. S.D. has a new look which will provide some new interest in south knoxville. Sevier Co., Heritage, and L.C. will bring up the rear.

I heard that the Maryville vs. Farragut game was a good one.. What does it mean that South-Doyle will provide new interest in south knoxville. Speaking of doesn't South-Doyle play William Blount friday. how does that one play out.

I heard that the Maryville vs. Farragut game was a good one.. What does it mean that South-Doyle will provide new interest in south knoxville. Speaking of doesn't South-Doyle play William Blount friday. how does that one play out.

New Coach at S.D. Has had several state tournament teams in Ga. and Onieda. Has a great reputation as a winning Basketball Coach.

New Coach at S.D. Has had several state tournament teams in Ga. and Onieda. Has a great reputation as a winning Basketball Coach.

He really has those boys playing well.. South-Doyle has only one returning starter from last year but the new guys are looking pretty good.. Do they have a chance against william Blount?

He really has those boys playing well.. South-Doyle has only one returning starter from last year but the new guys are looking pretty good.. Do they have a chance against william Blount?

I watched William Blount last week and I thought they were a very well-coached team. They had a couple of decent players and they played hard. They just ran into Powell on one of those nights when Powell made a bunch of threes.

Maryville is a much better team than Bearden. Bearden does not have the guard play to compete with Maryville, and once Douglas gets back for Maryville, they may not loose a game in the district, and have a legit shot at maybe getting back to state and possibly winning it again.

I would tend to agree. Maryville and Farragut are much stronger on the perimeter. Maryville has 3 solid guards that are tournament tested. If ALL of the Farragut guards play under control, they will outplay Bearden on the perimeter.

No one has an answer for Douglas except the guys in the striped shirts or an injury. He also has the luxury of 6"9" Jay Reynolds playing with him. Farragut has the size in Binder and Watson to play with Bearden.

Keep in mind that Jenkins has yet to complete a season without a visit to the injured reserve list. He hasn't handled the rigors of the physical play yet and both of these other teams have guys that will capitalize on that. The "wild card" to me will be the play of Dustin Craig since I don't think either Maryville or Farragut matches up well with him. Maryville picked up a big win without Douglas against Farragut. Missed FTs late hurt the Admirals chances of stealing a crucial win.

Don't send the trophy to Bearden just yet!!!!!

I agree that lack of guard play will be a problem for Bearden. But it was good enough to handle the high pressure from A.E. so it will be good enough to handle the teams in the District. Maryville shoots the ball great and has good size. Lack of quickness will be a problem. Lets face it the cards just fell in Maryvilles favor in winning the state last year. Played well and got a good draw. Farragut will certainly be in the hunt and W.B. will upset the apple cart along the way.

I don't feel that it's handling pressure that will be the problem. Neither Farragut or Maryville are huge full court pressure defensive teams. I was referring to knocking down big shots consistently from the perimeter, taking care of the ball and running half court offenses. I don't know that the Bearden guards (or any other ET teams) can outshoot Damron, Lambert, Click, Abraham, Hundley, Phillips, etc. from the 3 point line. That makes the inside games of Farragut and Maryville much more effective. It would be much easier to double the Bearden posts without the threat of raining 3s like the other 2 teams.

I agree that lack of guard play will be a problem for Bearden. But it was good enough to handle the high pressure from A.E. so it will be good enough to handle the teams in the District. Maryville shoots the ball great and has good size. Lack of quickness will be a problem. Lets face it the cards just feel in Maryvilles favor in winning the state last year. Played well and got a good draw. Farragut will certainly be in the hunt and W.B. will upset the apple cart along the way.

Austin East doesn't exactly have great guard play. They are down this year, people just haven't seen it yet. Maryville has good guard defense and so does Farragut. Also agree that Bearden does not have the shooters that Maryville or Farragut has, so that will allow more double teaming from the guards in the post, which Bearden will not have the luxury of when playing Maryville and Farragut.

Austin East doesn't exactly have great guard play. They are down this year, people just haven't seen it yet. Maryville has good guard defense and so does Farragut. Also agree that Bearden does not have the shooters that Maryville or Farragut has, so that will allow more double teaming from the guards in the post, which Bearden will not have the luxury of when playing Maryville and Farragut.

I am afraid I will have to disagree with you about AE. Florence is an outstanding guard maybe the best in the Knoxville area and Lundy isn't a slouch. Remember there isn't a shot clock in high school so the Bulldogs will have all the time it takes to pound the ball down low. Also I think many are under estimating the guard play of Bearden.

Maryville, Bearden, and Farragut are all good teams. Maryville and Bearden are well coached. Bearden has a tremendous advantage in overall size. Maryville shots the ball the best. Farragut shoots it good and runs the floor well. Now in the end the team that can play the best defense in the half court will win the District. I think it will be the DOGS!