upperman and jackson county

pantherdad

":1r8bckh4]

the upperman ladies were just always used to winning and didn't expect it to be that good of a game. lets admit our girls were a little sluggish and horrible shooters. but i mean there team is good. but is it only good because he recruits?

NO. courtney, misti, emily and amy are all jackson countians. Laken is a welcome addition from red boilling springs. As you might recall, we didn't need any transfers to beat you guys in the state. You do remember the 4 state championships that we won in row??

I agree with gottaluvit. Who cares why people from other schools want to play for coach brown. I mean how many transfers do other highschools have?? Why it is such a big deal that people want to play for the greatest girls coach??I'm sick and tired of the rumors about we only win because we have transfers or that coach brown recruits?? prove it that he recruits. Check out the bench. all but one is native jackson countian. But, she is also a very welcome addition to the team. All this recruiting rumors and malicous gossip started when the ross twins moved down from york. For your own info, they played behind or sat behind brandi brown at york. If coach brown was recruiting, why did he not get Brandi Brown( top notch player) instead of the twins??? makes no sense does it?? Just a thought

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit that yes Upperman did have a bad shooting night. It's hard to miss several shots and bounce back, especially when playing a strong team. Every team has those nights and it makes for a game that seems like is never going to end. JC played some great defense, but Upperman did miss wide open shots. No one should under estimate Upperman just because of this loss, they are not a weak team.

NO. courtney, misti, emily and amy are all jackson countians. Laken is a welcome addition from red boilling springs. As you might recall, we didn't need any transfers to beat you guys in the state. You do remember the 4 state championships that we won in row??

I agree with gottaluvit. Who cares why people from other schools want to play for coach brown. I mean how many transfers do other highschools have?? Why it is such a big deal that people want to play for the greatest girls coach??I'm sick and tired of the rumors about we only win because we have transfers or that coach brown recruits?? prove it that he recruits. Check out the bench. all but one is native jackson countian. But, she is also a very welcome addition to the team. All this recruiting rumors and malicous gossip started when the ross twins moved down from york. For your own info, they played behind or sat behind brandi brown at york. Moved to jackson county because the twins would have an opportunity to play ball. If coach brown was recruiting, why did he not get Brandi Brown( top notch player) instead of the twins??? makes no sense does it?? Just a thought

Misty did transfer from Baxter but it doesn't make any difference where she came from. She and Laken both had reasons for transferring and we are glad that they made that decision. I can see why any play would want to play in Jackson County. Coach Brown is a great coach.

Misty did transfer from Baxter but it doesn't make any difference where she came from. She and Laken both had reasons for transferring and we are glad that they made that decision. I can see why any play would want to play in Jackson County. Coach Brown is a great coach.

Right on. Go big blue. Fight the lady buffaloes. I hope all of our girls have treys celebrations.

Anticipation is growing for tomorrow night.

The only minute of HIGH SCHOOL basketball that MISTI has ever played was for COACH JIM BROWN

I have seen kids transfer in, and I have seen them transfer out. Some for legit reasons, some not.

I have seen it help them, and I have seen it backfire in their faces.

I have never agreed with "recruiting" a player. I am also not fan of transferring because of disagreements with coaches, or percieved lack of playing time.

As I said, I have seen it work, I have seen it backfire.

HOWEVER, I have no idea why any of these kids transferred. (ok, I know a little....about a couple of them...but Im not tellin what I know) ANYWAYS, I hope for the kids sake, that none of these transfers blow up in their faces.

I wish them all well. I wish them all prosperity. I wish them all luck, for we could all use a little of that.

and I wish all of them could end up with a stinking gold ball in their hands, and a full ride to ANY college. BUT, if I were an athlete today, or the parent of an athlete today, I would concentrate on ONE thing. Academics. There are far more academic scholarships available in this country than there are athletic.

(I realize Im speaking to a lot of the wrong people when I say that here, but I had to say it anyways)

GO BOOKWORMS!!!

(and really, best of luck to all of you)

Upperman wasn't outhustled, they were outrecruited.

wildcat I thought you were better than your remark here ' not one JC poster I've read complained about the 6'8 girl transfering to smith co (I know she lived there in earlier years but had been here all her 6-8 grade playing years )and we had 2 or 3 JC boys play for upperman and 2 starters transfer to clay co. one a mvp and this is still ok the families involved made these decisions (not any coaches) and it's non of our business why the families decided to make the move they thought best for their childern. Is there 1 school anywhere that has not had kids move in at one time or another?

I have seen kids transfer in, and I have seen them transfer out. Some for legit reasons, some not.I have seen it help them, and I have seen it backfire in their faces.I have never agreed with "recruiting" a player. I am also not fan of transferring because of disagreements with coaches, or percieved lack of playing time.As I said, I have seen it work, I have seen it backfire.HOWEVER, I have no idea why any of these kids transferred. (ok, I know a little....about a couple of them...but Im not tellin what I know) ANYWAYS, I hope for the kids sake, that none of these transfers blow up in their faces.I wish them all well. I wish them all prosperity. I wish them all luck, for we could all use a little of that.and I wish all of them could end up with a stinking gold ball in their hands, and a full ride to ANY college. BUT, if I were an athlete today, or the parent of an athlete today, I would concentrate on ONE thing. Academics. There are far more academic scholarships available in this country than there are athletic.(I realize Im speaking to a lot of the wrong people when I say that here, but I had to say it anyways)GO BOOKWORMS!!!(and really, best of luck to all of you)

AMEN BROTHER BILL AMEN!!!!!!!!

I have seen kids transfer in, and I have seen them transfer out. Some for legit reasons, some not.

I have seen it help them, and I have seen it backfire in their faces.

I have never agreed with "recruiting" a player. I am also not fan of transferring because of disagreements with coaches, or percieved lack of playing time.

As I said, I have seen it work, I have seen it backfire.

HOWEVER, I have no idea why any of these kids transferred. (ok, I know a little....about a couple of them...but Im not tellin what I know) ANYWAYS, I hope for the kids sake, that none of these transfers blow up in their faces.

I wish them all well. I wish them all prosperity. I wish them all luck, for we could all use a little of that.

and I wish all of them could end up with a stinking gold ball in their hands, and a full ride to ANY college. BUT, if I were an athlete today, or the parent of an athlete today, I would concentrate on ONE thing. Academics. There are far more academic scholarships available in this country than there are athletic.

(I realize Im speaking to a lot of the wrong people when I say that here, but I had to say it anyways)

GO BOOKWORMS!!!

(and really, best of luck to all of you)

[/quot

You may not have thought of this, but if a child is unhappy at a school, wether they are a athlete or not, their grades suffer. You were very right on one thing, but then you tried to throw in that you did know a little something. You have NO idea why some of these kids "transfered". It is not all about athletics. If a child is not happy at a school, then they should be moved...period. And this rooting for the bookworms...JC is a very smart group of girls and make very good grades, so don't think for one second that the parents only care about what they do on the court.

You may not have thought of this, but if a child is unhappy at a school, wether they are a athlete or not, their grades suffer. You were very right on one thing, but then you tried to throw in that you did know a little something. You have NO idea why some of these kids "transfered". It is not all about athletics. If a child is not happy at a school, then they should be moved...period. And this rooting for the bookworms...JC is a very smart group of girls and make very good grades, so don't think for one second that the parents only care about what they do on the court.

You are right on the mark. I did not mean to imply that I know the whole story on anybody. I know part of the story on a few, but I am not the parent, and I would have to guess that in 99.9% of the situations, the parent is doing what is right for the kid.

My apologies to anyone who took my statement the wrong way. I would never pretend to know what is best for someone elses kid.

I just moved my family 600 miles from a school where they were doing very well, but not perfect. My daughter had made the 9th grade basketball team and was ready to play. She is a very smart kid, and very personable. But when I moved here ahead of the family, she went into a shell that we still have not quite gotten her out of yet. When it came time to tryout for the team at her school, she froze. Her brain went into some sort of "cramp" and she looked like she had never played a game of basketball in her life. Nerves. Now she is not playing at all.

We chose a school based on MANY different things, but never took basketball into consideration. Should I have? I dont know. She knows she is not playing basketball in college, even though she would have done anything possible for that to happen. But she knows that her academics are going to be what sets her apart, and guarantees her the chance at success in life, and the career that she desperately wants.

When she gets over that "NERVES" issue, she is going to be a fine basketball player. But that is certainly not our priority.

I am not judging anybody for their decisions with their kids. It is not my job, nor do I feel that it is any of my business. I am only saying that sometimes there is a bit too much emphasis put on sports, and not enough on academics. I want all of your kids to succeed, not just at basketball, but in life. I wish them all the best.