Warren County

14pioneers

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am proud of our boys and staff they put together a good game plan and they played real hard. I just wish that 3 point shot from Weir would have went in. Weitzel had a monster night we have got to keep feeding him the ball. Keep up the hard work boys it will pay off.

Pioneers played hard tonight in a game they should have won. But once again was out coached! Can anyone out there tell me what is going on?? Can anyone tell me why when Weitzel gets those 2 dunks which gets the team fired up and the crowd the coach takes him out??? Can anyone tell me why the Smith's should be at WC next year???

Pioneers played hard tonight in a game they should have won. But once again was out coached! Can anyone out there tell me what is going on?? Can anyone tell me why when Weitzel gets those 2 dunks which gets the team fired up and the crowd the coach takes him out??? Can anyone tell me why the Smith's should be at WC next year???

I am not totally sure, but I think Wietzel was cut, or there was blood somewhere,because trainer Tim was working on him, I'm not sure "sportsfan" that you can say, that we should have won the game, it was close the whole way, and I believe both teams deserved that win. As far as Smith goes, how in the world can we get rid of him and keep our girl's program as is ???

So it's the coaches fault that Weir got a good look at the basket and missed? I am not blaming Weir for missing but Coach Smith did put them in a position to win the game. Weitzel was pulled out of the game because he had blood on his jersey and had to come out.

While the current group of players is the most talented that the Smiths have had since getting here, they have to many holes. They lack a true point and have minimal threats from three. The only way to overcome these weaknesses is to mask them with consistent defense that gets you transition offense. While they play solid defense in spurts they have yet to put together a complete game and until they do so will have problems scoring due to teams packing the paint to defend the stregth of the Pioneers inside play.

While the current group of players is the most talented that the Smiths have had since getting here, they have to many holes. They lack a true point and have minimal threats from three. The only way to overcome these weaknesses is to mask them with consistent defense that gets you transition offense. While they play solid defense in spurts they have yet to put together a complete game and until they do so will have problems scoring due to teams packing the paint to defend the stregth of the Pioneers inside play.

Excellent point "bsimms40", and welcome to coacht !!

I am not totally sure, but I think Wietzel was cut, or there was blood somewhere,because trainer Tim was working on him, I'm not sure "sportsfan" that you can say, that we should have won the game, it was close the whole way, and I believe both teams deserved that win. As far as Smith goes, how in the world can we get rid of him and keep our girl's program as is ???

I did see that Weitzel had blood on his jersery. I guess myself, and everyone sitting around me were the only ones thinking leaving him in until the refs make you take him out??? I do most defintely agree with your statement about the girls program. It's a shame that the Smith's will stay because Andy Jacobs won't get rid of his sister in order to get rid of the Smiths. Ok let me rephrase that.....it's a shame the "school board" won't get rid of Ann Eades in order to get rid of the Smith's. I need to make sure I am saying this politically correct. LOL. Oh and BTW I am not saying did not say it was Smith's fault Weir missed the 3. Come on, what I was trying to say is his lack of coaching ie...leaving Weitzel out way to much. Did anyone but me catch that 2 minutes into the game he makes his first subsitiution and takes Weitzel out??? Why?? Is that all that Weitzel can play without a break?? I doubt it? I guess I don't understand the Smith philosphy. I do however, want the team to win as many as they can they deserve that much! Oh and let me finish by saying this........If I was Coach Eades or Coach Smith and had the record them two have, no one would be having any discussion on me staying or leaving I would take care of that myself.

Warren Co. Posters, I would like to ask for your support of the CoachT website. As it is known less than 1% of members are CoachT plus members. Without the support of all of us this web site could be in jeopardy. Plus membership is only $12 a year that is $1 a month please show your support of CoachT and this web site and purchase your paid subscription today. I have been a plus member for two years and I have loved every minute of it. You can send Private Messages to other plus members and post year round in all boards. As the one of the only two Warren Co. fans who are plus members I ask you to please take this into consideration. Thank you.

Coach T Plus

I do believe Coach Eades should go. I do not believe she can coach on the HS level. Now, with that being said, Coach Smith and his two assistants are doing a good job as a whole. I do see improvement on the floor in the siegel and Cookeville games. Weitzel's coming out early is a valid arguement, but I think we can question every coach's substitution patterns. The boys team has made crucial mistakes with turnovers, but again we have no true point guard so that hurts us in that area. I would like to see us get more aggressive on the offensive boards, this would cure our lack of scoring with some easy put-backs.

But, as a whole for Coach Smith and his staff to go right now would not be a good move for WC. Eades yes, but not the 3 guys on the boys bench. That's just my opinion, 14 I respect yours, and hope we're cool.

I do believe Coach Eades should go. I do not believe she can coach on the HS level. Now, with that being said, Coach Smith and his two assistants are doing a good job as a whole. I do see improvement on the floor in the siegel and Cookeville games. Weitzel's coming out early is a valid arguement, but I think we can question every coach's substitution patterns. The boys team has made crucial mistakes with turnovers, but again we have no true point guard so that hurts us in that area. I would like to see us get more aggressive on the offensive boards, this would cure our lack of scoring with some easy put-backs.

But, as a whole for Coach Smith and his staff to go right now would not be a good move for WC. Eades yes, but not the 3 guys on the boys bench. That's just my opinion, 14 I respect yours, and hope we're cool.

Absolutely, I look forward to your posts.