RBS Football---The $64,000 Question.....

TNBballMan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach, I am in Monroe County and everthing is true that has been posted. My wife is here my son is here. I did not apply for this job it was offered to me. I got a call on a Wed. mourning asking me if I would be interested and the offer was good. I am however only coaching Middle School this year. I hope to have the opportunity to coach the varsity baseball team in the future. I will enjoy stepping out of varsity for a year or two to get powered back up. At RBS and any small school you don't just coach. You also have to raise money of which I am tired of doing. I don't have to do this in Monroe. Thanks for all of the positive comments and I will miss working with all of you.

Mike Elrod

Posted by Bulldog23:

Coach, I am in Monroe County and everthing is true that has been posted. My wife is here my son is here. I did not apply for this job it was offered to me. I got a call on a Wed. mourning asking me if I would be interested and the offer was good. I am however only coaching Middle School this year. I hope to have the opportunity to coach the varsity baseball team in the future. I will enjoy stepping out of varsity for a year or two to get powered back up. At RBS and any small school you don't just coach. You also have to raise money of which I am tired of doing. I don't have to do this in Monroe. Thanks for all of the positive comments and I will miss working with all of you.

Mike Elrod

Mike, You are a class act... keep up the good work! I hope to see you across the diamond (or football field for that matter) at some point in the future! I don't blame you for wanting to be in the same system with your wife! I wish you well, and good luck at the Middle School! RBS is like a lot of other small rural schools and only those of us who have coached in that setting can fully appreciate and understand what really goes on! I get so frustrated with the many private school supporters who try to tell us how to coach in these small rural schools! You and I both understand what it is like... hang in there and keep moving forward!

Coach Elrod, I'm a senior at RBS this year and now that you're gone as assistant football coach I just can't say much about the team's coaching staff at all now. Coach Baughn is a great person but personally I don't know if he can show true football knowledge to the boys. I'm not involved in the program but I hear everything. Please correct me if I am wrong. Your former students, football and baseball players, and friends will truly miss you. And the money raising point is a big one at RBS. If it's not basketball, you might as well forget about the school system giving you money, you have to earn every single bit through fundraisers.

Last year, I had to donate a large sum of money from my football budget to help baseball! This year, I am telling each boy who tries out he must try to sell two ads to be on the team! It is a sad fact of life, but fundraising is a part of baseball and football! :o

I appeciciate the comment made by Ballman. However, Coach Baughn is a good coach and will help the program tremendously. He will also do a good job with the baseball team as long as he does it his way. Alot of people like to tell you how to do things. If Coach B trusts his own ability to make decision, which I know he will and not get caught up with outside interference he should have a great season.

Hey!! coach E how is it going so far in good old Monroe County, KY. I bet you never seen so much talent, as you have seen over there, have you? Just wanted to let you know that football pratice is just like it was last year, just 9 boys show up today to pratice, so it was called off!!! So things haven't change over here(VARSITY), just the same old same old. Again best of luck to you in 'ROE County.

Posted by Bulldog23:

Coach B thanks and yes the talent base is here. They also have the desire to be here and want to be here. We have about 26 7th graders and only 18 8th graders. The 8th graders we have are very talented. RBS Varsity should scrimage our 8th grade team. Our line averages about 230.

How does Monroe Co High School compare in talent to some of our CLASS A and CLASS AA schools in Northern Tennessee?