Claiborne Meeting - why? Let's play ball

chsfan42

I don't see why I or my daughter should have to attend a mandatory team meeting with the coach and other parents today. I recieved three calls from parents last night who asked me to support the coach. I find it strange that these parents were very upset with this coach a month ago when their children were not getting much playing time. Now that this team has had several players have quit and their children are getting playing time they want to keep the coach for the rest of the season. ????? Do you think that any parent in attendance tonight will actually say what they really want to say???? Most of the parents question this meeting. The coach has already discussed this with the players. This meeting was setup by the coach, a senior parent and a few underclassmen parents who like the way things are now. This meeting will not solve anything. Just like the things the coach did this week before the meeting to get the players and parents on her side. Some of these things should have taken place a long time ago to bring the team closer together and maybe the problems would have never occurred. I will say that I don't think that these kids need another coach in the middle of a season. I, like many other parents just want our children to enjoy playing high school basketball. It's not about the coach its about the children.

We, as members of the team, disagree with this comment and alot of the drama that is going on. Not all of the parents have a problem with the coach. The reason this meeting is being brung up now is because things are starting to get out of hand. We believe Coach Cook could be a great coach if the everyone will leave her alone and let her do her job. If nobody gives her a chance then how will we see the potential in her. If they keep bringing in new coaches the team will never adjust and things will stay the same. The meeting is just to get everything out in the open. WE JUST WANT TO PLAY BALL!!!!! If people want us to succeed they need to support us and drop everything that is going on.

We, as members of the team, disagree with this comment and alot of the drama that is going on. Not all of the parents have a problem with the coach. The reason this meeting is being brung up now is because things are starting to get out of hand. We believe Coach Cook could be a great coach if the everyone will leave her alone and let her do her job. If nobody gives her a chance then how will we see the potential in her. If they keep bringing in new coaches the team will never adjust and things will stay the same. The meeting is just to get everything out in the open. WE JUST WANT TO PLAY BALL!!!!! If people want us to succeed they need to support us and drop everything that is going on.

Just to throw my two cents worth in, a good coach would not want her players on coacht fighting her battle for her. She would want ya'll to be focusing on playing ball and your classwork. Are ya'll not in school right now???

I am pretty sure that our parents were not the ones who called last night. And as far as us not wanting the players who have quit to come back, we would love to see our "old" team back together again, but I do not think that is the issue. We still love those girls. The meeting wasn't called to discuss that. The majority of the team does not have a problem with this new coach. And fighting her battles? We aren't doing that. We are trying to support OUR team. We just want everyone to be positive, becuase this is OUR basketball season. One player shouldn't determine if a coach leaves or stays. The meeting was called to discuss issues the parents have with the coach. And for them to see that if they don't us support us now, then we aren't going to have faith in ourselves.

I am pretty sure that our parents were not the ones who called last night. And as far as us not wanting the players who have quit to come back, we would love to see our "old" team back together again, but I do not think that is the issue. We still love those girls. The meeting wasn't called to discuss that. The majority of the team does not have a problem with this new coach. And fighting her battles? We aren't doing that. We are trying to support OUR team. We just want everyone to be positive, becuase this is OUR basketball season. One player shouldn't determine if a coach leaves or stays. The meeting was called to discuss issues the parents have with the coach. And for them to see that if they don't us support us now, then we aren't going to have faith in ourselves.

You are exactly right in saying that one player shouldn't determine if a coach stays or leaves, but this isn't all about just one player that left. It is about the dozen or so players that have quit the team because of different issues with the coach, and that should determine or at least play a big part in determining if she should stay or go. There are obviouly issues that should have resolved and that resolve should have started when the first players quit. The only reason, in my opion, that this is such an issue now is because a very talented player like Hall has now decided to take a stand and leave the team. It is truely a shame that it was allowed to get to this point. As I said before, this matter should have been addressed when the first player walked.

Hey chsteam, something does not make sense. If the remaining Claiborne "team" posted as a group, your posts don't add up. You joined CoachT at 11:08 and made three posts. The posts at 11:31 and 2:35 support Coach Cook and the post at 2:42 certainly questions Coach Cook's motives/actions. So what's up? Also, are you girls allowed unlimited computer access while at school? What about your classes?