Breaking news Major Wright

MarkH

I hope he's prepared for the big money people to pressure him to play their kid. When did this come about?

pigskinred, I don't know Major Wright personally, but I do know he is a great coach. What you said about him being prepared for the "big money people to pressure him to play their kid" is absolutely right. I have seen it many many times, not only in football, but baskeball as well at Briarcrest. I predicted several years ago that Briarcrest would suffer as a result of the politics involved in their athletic programs, and sadly that has come to be true. I know what people on the outside will say. They will say that we moved up in divisions, which is true and is also true it was harder. However, we only made that much harder by not playing the right players based on talent, but rather by whose daddy worked in the office, or who wrote the big check or paid for the locker room, etc.

It is my hope that Major Wright will be able to ignor the big money people and play the the players based on talent. If the big money kids are the most talented, then play them, but usually they aren't.

pigskinred, I don't know Major Wright personally, but I do know he is a great coach. What you said about him being prepared for the "big money people to pressure him to play their kid" is absolutely right. I have seen it many many times, not only in football, but baskeball as well at Briarcrest. I predicted several years ago that Briarcrest would suffer as a result of the politics involved in their athletic programs, and sadly that has come to be true. I know what people on the outside will say. They will say that we moved up in divisions, which is true and is also true it was harder. However, we only made that much harder by not playing the right players based on talent, but rather by whose daddy worked in the office, or who wrote the big check or paid for the locker room, etc.

It is my hope that Major Wright will be able to ignor the big money people and play the the players based on talent. If the big money kids are the most talented, then play them, but usually they aren't.

You are very fortunate to get Major for your coach. I'm confident he will play the the players based on their talent. That might not make every mom and dad happy, but when you start winning games, most people will be fine with it.

We hate to see him go. But rather than feel sorry for our loss, I think it's better to keep in mind that he was our coach, and the good that came from that. Plus, he's going to another green team! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Anyone hear anything on a new prospective coach yet? I know it's early, but there's a group of players and fans that are anxious to know any updates.

I hope for White Station's sake that they don't hire former Briarcrest coach Joe Hamstra. He was the worst football coach since the invention of the forward pass. He set Briarcrest back five years at least. I hope Major Wright can turn things around for the Saints. I believe he can provided the politcs of the athletic program don't get in his way. It would be nice to see Briarcrest back in the playoffs again soon.

I wish White Station best of luck in their search for a new coach and I hope they find a good one.

I hope for White Station's sake that they don't hire former Briarcrest coach Joe Hamstra. He was the worst football coach since the invention of the forward pass. He set Briarcrest back five years at least. I hope Major Wright can turn things around for the Saints. I believe he can provided the politcs of the athletic program don't get in his way. It would be nice to see Briarcrest back in the playoffs again soon.

I wish White Station best of luck in their search for a new coach and I hope they find a good one.

Yeah, I suspect the politics at some of the private school can get pretty difficult to deal with. But I think he'll be fine with it. At White Station, he knew what his goals were, and stayed true to keeping things focused that way regardless of the outside distractions. And when you win, people seem to be more willing to let you do it your way.

I hope we get a good coach too, and I'm optimistic we will. We have some good people on staff at the school, and they've let it be known they are looking for a coach that's a good person, as well as being a good coach. And having a successful program should help us attract someone that's a good fit for us.