Union City Basketball

uctfan

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, hold on! Union City is a good team! I don't really know how they would do against Dyer County. Although, I'm sure they would do okay. Heck, they might even beat Dyer County. As for Manassas, I don't think they're all that.

Have you seen Manassas play this year! if so what game did you see them play.

Union City's Golden Tornadoes remain undefeated with a 79-71 win over 5A Mills University Studies out of Little Rock,Ark......

Union City will now face another 5A team,Raytown South,out of the Kansas City area.....

Other scores from Poplar Bluff,Missouri...

Liberty-76

Maplewood-68

Harrison,Ga-85

Sikeston,Missouri-70

Raytown South,Missouri-77

Poplar Bluff,Missouri-47

Tomorrows games will be....

Maplewood(6-2) vs Sikeston(7-2)

Liberty(10-4) vs Harrison(9-2)

Poplar Bluff(4-5) vs Mills University Studies(6-3)

Union City(14-0) vs Raytown South(4-3)

Purple who is supposed to be the best team in this tournament outside of Tennessee?

The guy doing the tournament for one of the newspapers up there said that Mills doesn't come to that tourney unless they are loaded.....

I saw Harrison out of Georgia last season and they were pretty good...Maplewood is a team out the St.Louis area that was supposed to be pretty good...

Sikeston was 4th ranked in 4A and had already beaten Poplar Bluff this season and Poplar Bluff had just beaten Fort Zumalt South who went to the state tourney last season and was ranked this season in Missouri....

Raytown South was one game away from the state tournament in 5A last season....

P&G, what is this earth shattering revelation that copenoc is talking about. I am sure you are in the know. I am on the edge of my faux leather computer chair with baited breath. I won't sleep 'til I get the news. Please don't tease.

I honestly don't know.....ucdiditagain was saying on a thread earlier that they had a kid from Mt.Juliet that had transferred and wouldn't be eligible till January,but I haven't heard anything else about that....

If it is true about that he would have to be really good to even break the line-up...UC is pretty much 9 deep without much of a drop-off....You worry about team chemistry....I'm more concerned with Tony Wilkins' knee than a transfer....Tony missed the last two games of the Battle For The State tournament...

I honestly don't know.....ucdiditagain was saying on a thread earlier that they had a kid from Mt.Juliet that had transferred and wouldn't be eligible till January,but I haven't heard anything else about that....

If it is true about that he would have to be really good to even break the line-up...UC is pretty much 9 deep without much of a drop-off....You worry about team chemistry....I'm more concerned with Tony Wilkins' knee than a transfer....Tony missed the last two games of the Battle For The State tournament...

Thanks for making that a little clearer. Now I can sleep.

Here is a recap of the UC-Mills game I pulled off semoball.com

Union City 79, Little Rock Mills 71: The Golden Tornadoes hit 15 shots from 3-point range but needed a pair of free throws by Lavan Mosley with 41.5 seconds left to hold off the Comets.

The two teams lived up to their nicknames in the first half, combining for 90 points but Union City (14-0) slowed things down the in fourth quarter after Andre Coby hit a 3 at the third-quarter buzzer for a 60-56 lead. Union City hit 10-of-15 free throws in the fourth quarter.

M.J. Brown hit five 3-pointers and scored a game-high 28 for the Tornadoes, who finished fourth at the Showdown last year. Mosley added 20, perhaps none bigger than the two free throws after Mills pulled with 74-71 on Michael Jackson's putback.

Jackson led Mills with 20 points while Nick Hansberry and Chase Norwood scored 13 points each.

The Comets led 21-17 after one quarter but trailed 46-44 at halftime.