CSAS vs Temple

dadoffour

both hampton and sexton are tremendous players in their own right one is just on a better team than the other they play two totally different styles one is a floor general the other is a scorer this csas team has surprised me with their level of play so early in the season their four guards hampton cobb mckoy and townsend really play well together on both sides of the court townsed really shot the lights out and cobb mckoy and hampton all had at least 3 steals and the whole thing that ball is nothing is crazy he is not and will never be a 20 point scorer he did what he needed to do to help his team win whether it was to score 2 or none at all

i dissagree about the ball thing. he doesn't fit the type of play for csas. i felt that he needs to play behind the defender on offense so he can clean up the boards and get the dirty points because the guards aren't going to pass him the ball. he seemed to be in the way most of the time too.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSAS uses Ball against teams that they believe he has an advantage against. Against Temple, it was obvious that guard play was going to be the deciding factor, and CSAS used their guards. In the state quarterfinals against Westside last year, Ball had a twenty point game. The guards gave him the ball because they knew that was where they could win the game. It's just another example of the basketball IQ on this CSAS team. They know where they can win games and they don't try to force anything.

P.S. It's hard for a big man to score twenty when he plays on a fast paced team that presses the entire game. That's not really a big man style of ball. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

CSAS uses Ball against teams that they believe he has an advantage against. Against Temple, it was obvious that guard play was going to be the deciding factor, and CSAS used their guards. In the state quarterfinals against Westside last year, Ball had a twenty point game. The guards gave him the ball because they knew that was where they could win the game. It's just another example of the basketball IQ on this CSAS team. They know where they can win games and they don't try to force anything.

P.S. It's hard for a big man to score twenty when he plays on a fast paced team that presses the entire game. That's not really a big man style of ball. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i'm agreeing with you but 90% of the teams that csas are going play that are any threat to them are going require guard play. and are you sure he just wasn't getting rebounds over the small westside team and putting it back?

i'm agreeing with you but 90% of the teams that csas are going play that are any threat to them are going require guard play. and are you sure he just wasn't getting rebounds over the small westside team and putting it back?

That's probably how he had maybe 8 of his points, but most of them came off of the guards driving and dishing it off to him. He also had a big game against Culleoka I believe, and that was going up against the Beach twins. I can't remember how he got his 20 in that game, can you?

That's probably how he had maybe 8 of his points, but most of them came off of the guards driving and dishing it off to him. He also had a big game against Culleoka I believe, and that was going up against the Beach twins. I can't remember how he got his 20 in that game, can you?

no i wasn't there. he might have had a bunch of free throws or maybe he just scored them all.

no i wasn't there. he might have had a bunch of free throws or maybe he just scored them all.

It doesn't really matter. All I know is, Ball is a player who does what he needs to do. CSAS doesn't need him scoring 20 a game. It's nice when he does, but its not needed.

Back to the topic of this board... is there any chance that CSAS loses the region? They've already blown out both Temple and Grace(I know it was only 12, but we all know it was way worse than that) on their home floors.

It doesn't really matter. All I know is, Ball is a player who does what he needs to do. CSAS doesn't need him scoring 20 a game. It's nice when he does, but its not needed.

Back to the topic of this board... is there any chance that CSAS loses the region? They've already blown out both Temple and Grace(I know it was only 12, but we all know it was way worse than that) on their home floors.

there might be. grace or temple could sneak up on them in the tournament but i don't see it happening.

If the Patriots continue to play with the focus and intensity that has been their season so far, it is hard to imagine Grace or Temple sneaking up on them. It is, however, a young season. I expect all of these teams to get better as the season progresses. I just don't see the CSAS coaches letting the players relax and I think that the upperclassmen on this team have a point to continue to prove!

If the Patriots continue to play with the focus and intensity that has been their season so far, it is hard to imagine Grace or Temple sneaking up on them. It is, however, a young season. I expect all of these teams to get better as the season progresses. I just don't see the CSAS coaches letting the players relax and I think that the upperclassmen on this team have a point to continue to prove!

exactly and if Temple is losing to teams like ooltewah how canone expect them to beat CSAS. Back to the Ball discussion for a second. Ball dominated against westside he didnt just score on putbacks

exactly and if Temple is losing to teams like ooltewah how canone expect them to beat CSAS. Back to the Ball discussion for a second. Ball dominated against westside he didnt just score on putbacks

Temple lost to Ooltewah last year and they won the championship. If I remember correctly, Ooltewah was one of the few games they lost.