Pictures or links to high school soccer facilities

schsdad02

Station Camp is starting the process of updating their soccer facilities. If anyone has pictures of their spectator side of the field, player bench areas, or anything that may be helpful--please post it here. We need some ideas to see how much money we may need. Thanks.

What are you planning on adding? Bench covers, box goals, field house, bleachers...? Oak Ridge has a great facility (minus a field house) as does Bearden (also minus a field house).

One thing we did at Lawrence County, which I really like, is that instead of one large set of bleachers we have four small sets, approximately 10 rows high, 30 feet long. They are separated from each other by about 30 feet, also, which gives fans who prefer to sit in chairs a place to do so. The visiting fans generally sit in the end section directly across from their bench. Each of the four sets on bleachers are sitting on a concrete slab which is nice, too.

The first thing we need to do is dress up the spectator side. We have ragged old bleachers and rough terrain that washes onto the field in one corner when it rains. And of course we need lights. Anyone have any contact information for "affordable" bleacher and/or lighting contractors or suppliers? OR, does anyone know of a school that has any of this for sale. I found a website a few months ago that had used light poles from a school in East Tennessee, but by the time I called, they were gone.

I wish we could build a soccer facility like the one in Bowling Green--but that had to cost a mint! I like Livingston Academy's bench area also, just don't know if we could manage that on the big hill side on the players' side at SC.

If anyone has links to pictures of your facilities, I would really like to look at them.

The first thing we need to do is dress up the spectator side. We have ragged old bleachers and rough terrain that washes onto the field in one corner when it rains. And of course we need lights. Anyone have any contact information for "affordable" bleacher and/or lighting contractors or suppliers? OR, does anyone know of a school that has any of this for sale. I found a website a few months ago that had used light poles from a school in East Tennessee, but by the time I called, they were gone.

I wish we could build a soccer facility like the one in Bowling Green--but that had to cost a mint! I like Livingston Academy's bench area also, just don't know if we could manage that on the big hill side on the players' side at SC.

If anyone has links to pictures of your facilities, I would really like to look at them.

Contact your local Cell phone company. I have heard they will give discounts on lights if you put up a cell relay on the top of your lights (don't know if it is true, but it is worth looking into).

If you have a grass bank or hill on the spectator side, consider putting wide concrete slabs instead of bleachers. They are much cheaper, and allow for people to both sit on the bleacher, as well as put their own chair on it if they preferr.

If I get a chance, I will try and take some pictures of our facilities.

Have not visited your complex, but from what you describe, it seems like the spectator side should sift with the player's side. That would permit you to sit above the field and watch and if the land does that naturally, better and less expensive for you! Take a look at Centennial. Although the spectator bleachers are on the non-hill side, nearly all the spectators go to the hill side to watch the game. I would imagine with some creativity, you could construct a great location to watch soccer with a little help from your booster club.

Have not visited your complex, but from what you describe, it seems like the spectator side should sift with the player's side. That would permit you to sit above the field and watch and if the land does that naturally, better and less expensive for you! Take a look at Centennial. Although the spectator bleachers are on the non-hill side, nearly all the spectators go to the hill side to watch the game. I would imagine with some creativity, you could construct a great location to watch soccer with a little help from your booster club.

Mind you this is my personal opinion, but there is a reason that our benches are on opposite sides of the field from the fans! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I still think you are looking at low ball $5,000-$10,000 plus, no matter what you do. (that is also minus any sort of field house) If you add lights... wow. Maybe triple that. Add a field house...

Now, maybe you can do it cheaper if you have some contractor dads and such. But my opinion is "if you are going to do it, do it right the first time". Too many schools don't want to put forth or raise the money to do it right, so they do it wrong cheaper, then have to do it over again 3 times (which ends up costing more in the long haul).

Station Camp is starting the process of updating their soccer facilities. If anyone has pictures of their spectator side of the field, player bench areas, or anything that may be helpful--please post it here. We need some ideas to see how much money we may need. Thanks.

Your money would probably be better spent toward a club program. That is unless you just want a nice field instead of a self suporting program