Region 1-1A

RangerRoy99

I agree with Lord Vader except on a couple of points. Robbie should get coach of the year. EVeryone knows that J.C. does very little coaching with (you know who) on the sidelines. Robbie turned Cloudland from 2-8 to 7-3 with a little bitty line and very few weapons. If Robbie ever does get loaded with athletes and lineman in his system, Cloudland will win state. A lot can happen between now and next year. Its too early to say who will battle it out for the Regional title. Hampton should really be back in 2A. If J.C. and Luns hang it up at Hampton, then the Bulldogs will no longer be a power no matter where they go. I know its early, but I will say this: the tide is shifting.

it's a slow moving tide, and it cant shift uphill. But it is okay to have a dream..............

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton players should win the majority of the postseason awards this year since no other region team even came close to them this year. Coach Turbyfill at Cloudland should get some props for turning the program around in the direction it once was , But how do you go against J.C. and staff making 3 consecutive semi final appearances , regardless of which coach is doing the majority of the coaching.

Next year , All depends on the privates recruiting class GCA already has a state champion middle school team in 4 short years , Cosby doesn't lose much , Hampton looses alot but with all the blowout games they have had in the past 3-4 years they have young guys with lots of gameplay experience still coming back , Cloudland looses the main cog in hughes to their spread "O" will be interesting to see how that works out , Unaka will be Unaka , Jellico looses alot , but they are coached very well and should be competitive again next season.

I agree with Lord Vader except on a couple of points. Robbie should get coach of the year. EVeryone knows that J.C. does very little coaching with (you know who) on the sidelines. Robbie turned Cloudland from 2-8 to 7-3 with a little bitty line and very few weapons. If Robbie ever does get loaded with athletes and lineman in his system, Cloudland will win state. A lot can happen between now and next year. Its too early to say who will battle it out for the Regional title. Hampton should really be back in 2A. If J.C. and Luns hang it up at Hampton, then the Bulldogs will no longer be a power no matter where they go. I know its early, but I will say this: the tide is shifting.

From what I hear Hampton is not enough kids over to move them up and they are only getting smaller next year by graduating a class of right at 100 and getting an 8th grade class of barely over 80. Hampton will be very good next year. I don't think Lunsford will leave either...

From what I hear ,the kids are working,I even hear some have let basketball go so they can focus on football. They lose some VERY valueable players ,but for the most part ,they were pretty young. I'm sure they will do the best they can. If I were guessiong ,I'd pick Oneida will be in the 4th round next season, Midway won't be a slouch. I'm not so sure Grace won't be the top dog in region 1.They are definately getting better in a hurry.

I would also pick Oneida to make to the 4th round. I don't see anyone getting past the second round right now because Midway is still going to get Ray Robinson back and he is very good. It will be hard for any team in region 1 to move past the second round, but hopefully I am wrong...

Hampton players should win the majority of the postseason awards this year since no other region team even came close to them this year. Coach Turbyfill at Cloudland should get some props for turning the program around in the direction it once was , But how do you go against J.C. and staff making 3 consecutive semi final appearances , regardless of which coach is doing the majority of the coaching.

I agree. JC won the Johnson City Press Elite 11 Coach of the Year over Greenville's head coach and that is a lot better than just winning the region COY. If he doesn't win it, I will be very, very, very suprised...

I would also pick Oneida to make to the 4th round. I don't see anyone getting past the second round right now because Midway is still going to get Ray Robinson back and he is very good. It will be hard for any team in region 1 to move past the second round, but hopefully I am wrong...

Even though Oneida is my pick to get to the 4th round, I sure wouldn't bet against Hampton. Good coaches and a established program goes along ways. Seen it too many times.

From what I hear ,the kids are working,I even hear some have let basketball go so they can focus on football. They lose some VERY valueable players ,but for the most part ,they were pretty young. I'm sure they will do the best they can. If I were guessiong ,I'd pick Oneida will be in the 4th round next season, Midway won't be a slouch. I'm not so sure Grace won't be the top dog in region 1.They are definately getting better in a hurry.

The landers should have about 10 senoirs next year, 8 or 9 were starters. About 14 junoirs, 11 sofmores and great team speed if they will work at it. Lost there QB and Lineman, but if they will get the QB position figured out. They should be alright. IMO they could have one QB under ceter, and one run the spread. I sure did like the old running formations. Sure would be nice to be able to have our cake and eat it to. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

it's a slow moving tide, and it cant shift uphill. But it is okay to have a dream..............

Did you hear that landers. We're slow moving. And we need to shift gears, while running uphill. Good thing we have one of those hills. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Your Right About The Dream Part /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Did you hear that landers. We're slow moving. And we need to shift gears, while running uphill. Good thing we have one of those hills. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Your Right About The Dream Part /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was the first to hear it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You kinda have to overlook the Nemesis. He only showed up when Hampton started winning as did many other Hampton posters. I look for things to return to the old days real soon when there were no Hampton posters. I know many of Cloudland's went away too after we stopped winning, but my conscience is clean. I will be here till the nukes start flying. I hope Lunsford stays at Hampton. I'll give him his props. He knows how to win and that will make it even more glorious when we finally beat Hampton with him on their sidelines. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, the sides just got a little more even. I look for a very competitive conference next year and I hope Hampton is the favorite, because the day is coming when they will be knocked off. It may not be Cloudland, but someone will knock Hampton off their pedestal. If you think Cloudland's offseason was productive this year, just wait til next. We will return to power and its not just a dream. Its a reality and all will pay homage to the team. Whooooooooo!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Ohhhhh Looorrrrdddd, Whoooooooooo!!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I was the first to hear it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You kinda have to overlook the Nemesis. He only showed up when Hampton started winning as did many other Hampton posters. I look for things to return to the old days real soon when there were no Hampton posters. I know many of Cloudland's went away too after we stopped winning, but my conscience is clean. I will be here till the nukes start flying. I hope Lunsford stays at Hampton. I'll give him his props. He knows how to win and that will make it even more glorious when we finally beat Hampton with him on their sidelines. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, the sides just got a little more even. I look for a very competitive conference next year and I hope Hampton is the favorite, because the day is coming when they will be knocked off. It may not be Cloudland, but someone will knock Hampton off their pedestal. If you think Cloudland's offseason was productive this year, just wait til next. We will return to power and its not just a dream. Its a reality and all will pay homage to the team. Whooooooooo!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Ohhhhh Looorrrrdddd, Whoooooooooo!!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

your funny........................

if i had to bet my money on who would win region next year id have to still bet it on hampton. a program like that dont rebuild, they reload. grace outa be really good, no telling who they will bring in to play. if they won the region it wouldnt suprise me a bit. cosby i think will finish 3rd, gets alomost everyone back, and they D out will be stout with big 85 cloging things up. the rest i believe is a crap shoot, no telling where they will end up.