GC vs. Oc

lucasl

I went to the game last night..It was my first opportunity to see the Rebels and Lady Rebels play...The crowd was disappointing..It was sparse..Even had the upper deck on the end closed off...You would think with a match-up of two of the better AA girls teams in the state playing and a boys team going in at 6-2 the crowd would have been bigger especially seeing as how this was the last game of three at home this week.....The Lady Rebels are the Lady Rebels but the boys program is on the upswing and are playing pretty good ball right now...They have a real shot at two more wins this week to go to 9-2....Back in the day,it didn't matter who or what was going on in the community,The Pit would be full to the rafters and so loud you couldn't hear yourself think....

The Rebel Train leaders need to get all those students sitting in individual groups together...You all could have a huge student section if you did that....I guess some kids don't think that's too cool though...With Central Station full and as loud as it can get in there,it would be a HUGE home court advantage....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the game last night..It was my first opportunity to see the Rebels and Lady Rebels play...The crowd was disappointing..It was sparse..Even had the upper deck on the end closed off...You would think with a match-up of two of the better AA girls teams in the state playing and a boys team going in at 6-2 the crowd would have been bigger especially seeing as how this was the last game of three at home this week.....The Lady Rebels are the Lady Rebels but the boys program is on the upswing and are playing pretty good ball right now...They have a real shot at two more wins this week to go to 9-2....Back in the day,it didn't matter who or what was going on in the community,The Pit would be full to the rafters and so loud you couldn't hear yourself think....

The Rebel Train leaders need to get all those students sitting in individual groups together...You all could have a huge student section if you did that....I guess some kids don't think that's too cool though...With Central Station full and as loud as it can get in there,it would be a HUGE home court advantage....

I agree a 100%. The only thing is, the people that DO participate aren;t really asociated with the people who don't. One because they are freshman, that i WOULD BE extremely happy to see come down and join us. And the next set just people that don't care at all. I try my best to get people there every game, but people just don't want to do it. It upsets me, and I almost thought about not showing up myself, but the more I talk to players i.e.the boys team, the more they want the support cuz we know it helps them.

I agree a 100%. The only thing is, the people that DO participate aren;t really asociated with the people who don't. One because they are freshman, that i WOULD BE extremely happy to see come down and join us. And the next set just people that don't care at all. I try my best to get people there every game, but people just don't want to do it. It upsets me, and I almost thought about not showing up myself, but the more I talk to players i.e.the boys team, the more they want the support cuz we know it helps them.

Well,my friend whether you are a senior or a freshman,you are ALL Rebels....If you could get them to do it once,they would do it all the time....Good Luck to you and don't give up...Even if you could get half the student body to show up that would be 500 kids...That's a heckuva lot of noise..I thought that thing ya'll did when the boys came out on the court with Aldo Nova blaring was pretty cool...

..I thought that thing ya'll did when the boys came out on the court with Aldo Nova blaring was pretty cool...

Wow!! I thought that music was the Oak Ridge Boys /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Let's have all the Rebel younguns sittin' with the train as it rolls down the tracks of school spirit /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'd love to see what I helped create get bigger.....Just gotta get more student participation....Make them think its the cool thing to do.....

As to the game....I was happy we didn't have a let-down in the 4th....Great game guys!! Keep up the good work!!...Make some noise in this district!!!! Next up Munford....

GO REBELS!!!!!

I agree. The student section has drastically fell in numbers since the last game I attended at Central (Fulton County). I think with the size of the gym, the obvious basketball craze in the county thats been there for a good while, and a postively charged student section, the Lady Rebels and Rebels could make Troy a scary place to come. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree. The student section has drastically fell in numbers since the last game I attended at Central (Fulton County). I think with the size of the gym, the obvious basketball craze in the county thats been there for a good while, and a postively charged student section, the Lady Rebels and Rebels could make Troy a scary place to come. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lord knows it used to be........

A couple of months ago Channel 2 ran a couple sub-state games with Robin Cude playing...They beat a couple of Memphis teams,the names escape me,but you couldn't even hear ole Danny announcing the game over the noise...Robin dropped 50-something in one of those games...Unbelievable atmosphere...