Liberty @ Bolivar

P.A.Lin-Z

I think Liberty and Bolivar are pretty even this year. I think they'll split a home and home with Bolivar taking this one. But it really could go either way. After seeing both teams play this year, I really can't point to any serious weakness that the other team can exploit. They are very similar in size, athleticism, shooting and both are well coached.

Anyway, they are not in the same district anymore so that takes a little away from it. It's just a game that both teams can use to get better for district play and the post-season.

Yeah I'll have to agree with that. I'll say this.....Bolivar may be the only team able to run with Liberty. Can't wait.....but I guess I will have too.

Nobody gonna buy me a hotdog? This is sad.

Monty.....there's always room for you brother.....come on!!!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'll have to agree with that. I'll say this.....Bolivar may be the only team able to run with Liberty. Can't wait.....but I guess I will have too.

Nobody gonna buy me a hotdog? This is sad.

Monty.....there's always room for you brother.....come on!!!!!

man ill leave 2 bucks at the door for you

Hey bro.!!!!!! It's all good here.....and it has been a long time.

Seems like the crowd here this year is easy......maybe it's just early yet.

I've been working like crazy.....that may change shortly....thing are slowing down.

Good to hear from you.....stay in touch.

Keep the war chest ready.....you may have to bail me and nebuntyn out soon. LOL

you mean you are still having to restrain nebuntyn? Won't he ever learn? How's the Crusaders doing this year? Oh by the way, these guys up here, Harpeth and Sycamore are saying they are going to state since Liberty is not in their way. I told them Bolivar would take care of that and probably Jackson Southside or even McNairy. What you think?

you mean you are still having to restrain nebuntyn? Won't he ever learn? How's the Crusaders doing this year? Oh by the way, these guys up here, Harpeth and Sycamore are saying they are going to state since Liberty is not in their way. I told them Bolivar would take care of that and probably Jackson Southside or even McNairy. What you think?

Sycamore is pretty darn good papatiger. They played Liberty Tech just as close as Bolivar did last year. Also like Bolivar the War Eagles return the majority of their team. They lost Lohin to graduation but got Guye in as a transfer from CCCHS. They still have Mitchell, Dempsey, Kilgore, Staggs, & Nicholson. The also have the same coach on the bench for the first time in consecutive seasons for the first time in a LONG TIME!!!!

Sycamore has already beaten White House, Harpeth, & Hunters Lane this year. The lone game they lost to McGavock was in large part due to the fact that Mitchell did not even play. That would be equal to taking a player like Jeremy Rhodes off of the floor for Bolivar and asking them to play a Class AAA team like Liberty Tech.

Sycamore will be 1 of the 8 teams in Murfreesboro playing for the State Title this year. BOOK IT!!!

Sycamore is pretty darn good papatiger. They played Liberty Tech just as close as Bolivar did last year. Also like Bolivar the War Eagles return the majority of their team. They lost Lohin to graduation but got Guye in as a transfer from CCCHS. They still have Mitchell, Dempsey, Kilgore, Staggs, & Nicholson. The also have the same coach on the bench for the first time in consecutive seasons for the first time in a LONG TIME!!!!

Sycamore has already beaten White House, Harpeth, & Hunters Lane this year. The lone game they lost to McGavock was in large part due to the fact that Mitchell did not even play. That would be equal to taking a player like Jeremy Rhodes off of the floor for Bolivar and asking them to play a Class AAA team like Liberty Tech.

Sycamore will be 1 of the 8 teams in Murfreesboro playing for the State Title this year. BOOK IT!!!

I just looked at Sycamore's schedule. (Not a real Who's Who of Tennessee Basketball teams.) Do you think they will be battle tested by tourney time? Other than a possible matchup with Union City, who is gonna prepare them for D-12?

I just looked at Sycamore's schedule. (Not a real Who's Who of Tennessee Basketball teams.) Do you think they will be battle tested by tourney time? Other than a possible matchup with Union City, who is gonna prepare them for D-12?

They beat Harpeth (ON THE ROAD) by 10 the other night. Harpeth is a team that did take Bolivar the distance last year in the Regional Semifinals.

I am not saying that they are going to beat Bolivar at this point in the year. NO WAY!!!! I am saying that they would win games against McNairy, Lexington, JSS, Camden, Chester, etc. if they played any of those teams tonight.

If they come out of the Regionals at #2 and have to go to Pulaski for the Sectional then I like their chances of beating Giles Co. as well.

All you have to do is finish in the Top 2 in the Regional Tourney to continue playing basketball the following week.

They beat Harpeth (ON THE ROAD) by 10 the other night. Harpeth is a team that did take Bolivar the distance last year in the Regional Semifinals.

I am not saying that they are going to beat Bolivar at this point in the year. NO WAY!!!! I am saying that they would win games against McNairy, Lexington, JSS, Camden, Chester, etc. if they played any of those teams tonight.

If they come out of the Regionals at #2 and have to go to Pulaski for the Sectional then I like their chances of beating Giles Co. as well.

All you have to do is finish in the Top 2 in the Regional Tourney to continue playing basketball the following week.

I said after the tourney last year that with Liberty "movin' on up" that a team from D-11AA would probably play a substate game this year. I just think it would help a team like Harpeth or Sycamore to schedule a team like Fayette-Ware, Ripley, or a Memphis team just to get a different type of challenge than what they will see night in and night out in D-11AA. I think it would be a very positive experience and the kids would be a little better prepared by tourney time. That's why a team like McNairy seems to always get past the 1st round in regional play.

I said after the tourney last year that with Liberty "movin' on up" that a team from D-11AA would probably play a substate game this year. I just think it would help a team like Harpeth or Sycamore to schedule a team like Fayette-Ware, Ripley, or a Memphis team just to get a different type of challenge than what they will see night in and night out in D-11AA. I think it would be a very positive experience and the kids would be a little better prepared by tourney time. That's why a team like McNairy seems to always get past the 1st round in regional play.

You are right truhoopsfan. Sycamore will likely see Union City in the second round of the "David Lipscomb Holiday Tourney" in a couple of weeks. I expect the War Eagles to beat Riverdale and I also expect UC to beat Mt. Juliet.

Is Union City a quality team this year out in West-TN?????? I know they always field a very athletic squad /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are right truhoopsfan. Sycamore will likely see Union City in the second round of the "David Lipscomb Holiday Tourney" in a couple of weeks. I expect the War Eagles to beat Riverdale and I also expect UC to beat Mt. Juliet.

Is Union City a quality team this year out in West-TN?????? I know they always field a very athletic squad /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Haven't seen UC this year but I hear that they are very good. They probably should've won the gold ball in Single A last year. Should be a good matchup.

Good luck over in D-11. See ya in in March. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Haven't seen UC this year but I hear that they are very good. They probably should've won the gold ball in Single A last year. Should be a good matchup.

Good luck over in D-11. See ya in in March. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Same to you guys. Tell Rudesil that it he wants to go AAA and join Liberty Tech then I'LL BE THE FIRST TO PACK EVERY BAG ON BOLIVAR'S BASKETBALL TEAM /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It's never too late you know!