2008 Region 6-1a

Magnavox3

collinwood lost 3, maybe 4 guys that had a significant impact.......they have a superb 2008 class and a great 2009 group coming behind them.........all of their good rbs return...adams, risner, cowham, clark.........one OL guy graduated......I think 3 of the dl guys graduated but they return chazton staggs, john morgan, and mason reeves at the linebacker spots.........I dont see a big deal with the dl seniors leaving cause the guys that played oline can also play DL..........Alexis davis or Gallien will be the qb but if it were up to me I would go with Adams cause they have an abundance of solid rbs.........Davis is a great punter and Salos is a really solid kicker but they need a new holder...........Justin Daniel, colby weaver and taylor weaver are three beasts in the line.........Overall I expect them to be much, much more experienced next year as 07 was something of a rebuilding year with not many especially talented seniors and not much overall experience...........the coaches def need to add a few plays as last years offense was incredibly predictable and easy to defend despite plenty of fast backs............wood will certainly be a viable contender for the region next year.......I dont see anybody anywhere beating south pittsburgh for the state though...whew...what a team they have

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings from Region 4-5A

We're hearing at Oakland High School in Murfreesboro that Tommy McDaniels from Moore Co. is our new head football coach. What kind of coach is he?

If that is true then you are getting a good one! Very organized and loves to run the football off tackle whether they are under center or in shotgun which they were most of the time from mid season on.His QB will dictate alot of the things he wants to run.He probably got a HUGE recommendation from Coach Rankin since he was under him for a few years.Also coached at BGA.You got a good man and a good football coach.Young and energetic so give him some time.Excellent choice!

collinwood lost 3, maybe 4 guys that had a significant impact.......they have a superb 2008 class and a great 2009 group coming behind them.........all of their good rbs return...adams, risner, cowham, clark.........one OL guy graduated......I think 3 of the dl guys graduated but they return chazton staggs, john morgan, and mason reeves at the linebacker spots.........I dont see a big deal with the dl seniors leaving cause the guys that played oline can also play DL..........Alexis davis or Gallien will be the qb but if it were up to me I would go with Adams cause they have an abundance of solid rbs.........Davis is a great punter and Salos is a really solid kicker but they need a new holder...........Justin Daniel, colby weaver and taylor weaver are three beasts in the line.........Overall I expect them to be much, much more experienced next year as 07 was something of a rebuilding year with not many especially talented seniors and not much overall experience...........the coaches def need to add a few plays as last years offense was incredibly predictable and easy to defend despite plenty of fast backs............wood will certainly be a viable contender for the region next year.......I dont see anybody anywhere beating south pittsburgh for the state though...whew...what a team they have

rebuilding year.....lol man if im not mistaken it was u that said collinwood would be a "juggernaut" playoff team towards the begining of the year after they played the all mighty east hickman team.....but now that u placed third in the region it was a rebuilding year...lol good one

You know i wasnt going to reply to this post but just had too. Do you think the TROJANS going to let you do this ,,,, ha ha , maybe in Basketball ,(oh yeah we beat you the other day in basketball too) but this is football so no way. Go TROJANS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ur right no way not in footall (oh yea we did on november 2) it was alot worse than what the score showed also...we moved the ball up and down the field on yall guys.....while yalls "phenom" #10 had wat a 5 yard performance......just like the chant at the bball game (wat about football..)

ur right no way not in footall (oh yea we did on november 2) it was alot worse than what the score showed also...we moved the ball up and down the field on yall guys.....while yalls "phenom" #10 had wat a 5 yard performance......just like the chant at the bball game (wat about football..)

Yes our #10 had a game just like your Q-back had against JB . These things happen you just have to get over them.Enjoy the blocked extra-point win for a year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . When we hit the weight room guess what fuels our fire ? you guessed it . Four more points during the regular season and we would be going into the McEwing game 10-0 . Go Trojans

Hmm.. I wonder /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

But i heard that Cornersville doesn't lose any one. Is that true if so then i got:

1. Wayne Co. / Mt. P

3. Collinwood

4.CA/Cornersville

6.Moore Co.

7. Huntland

8. Zion

9. Perry Co.

This could be an interesting year with Wayne Co. having a stud at QB and also retuning most starters. Cornersville showed some promise last year and returns most starters. Mt. P lost Marco. C'wood - not sure what they have but they always compete for the top spots with their 60+ players. CA looked terrible last year but returns all but one starter and could surprise people. Moore Co. and Huntland lost some key players. Zion has that Daniel Pugh kid and is getting better every year. And well Perry Co. gave Zion it's 1st region win and will be at the bottom again this year.

Can't wait for next year already!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i hope ur not pickin collinwood 2 win it now that wouldbe a laugh

i hope ur not pickin collinwood 2 win it now that wouldbe a laugh

Im still laughing at your post (4 years of beating the WOOD and a state title to boot ) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> my side is still sore ,You have just as much faith in your team as I do, I hope we go undefeted until the last game , man what a game it will be. Could charge 100 $ a ticket to get in and still standing room only. Hope you get your press-box fixed by next year , it dont look to good now. GO TROJANS

rebuilding year.....lol man if im not mistaken it was u that said collinwood would be a "juggernaut" playoff team towards the begining of the year after they played the all mighty east hickman team.....but now that u placed third in the region it was a rebuilding year...lol good one

Well apparently we were just as good as waynesboro although the wildcats did pull off a massive one point win? after their defense laid down in the fourth quarter and surrendered no less than three touchdowns in the last few minutes of the game.....Nobody I know came away from that game thinking waynesboro had the better team.....kevin white graduated from collinwood this year but all the other premier players are coming back so see you next time......enjoy your win while you can //////and dont give me that bs about the great young players you got coming up.....I went to the wood, boro jv and freshman games.............what we got coming up is def better than what you got

ps..hope you enjoyed the b ball games the other night.........I sure did!!!!!!!

collinwood was a heckuva lot better last year than I thought they would be but that doesnt change the fact the 07 team had virtually no experience when the season started.......it wont be that way going into the next two season though

Oh yeah SSSSSSS , you forgot one of the Daniels. Justin- 6-3 270 Chandler 6-0 210 Trent 5-11 325 ... Trents got 2 knee braces but can bull rush with the best of them ,, all 3 are MEN !!! Cant wait till next year. GO TROJANS