COACH PETRONE

SCRAPMAN

Can anyone tell me about Coach Petrone's (WHH) background in coaching? I know he has a couple of NCAA rings. Pretty sure one is a final four w/ Vandy /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> He is a great leader and more than just a coach to his boys. They will roll their eyes at him but, they all respect him and want his approval. He has done an excellent job in helping my son, both on and off the court. God bless him.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vandy has never made the final four. he was a volunteer assistant at Vanderbilt while still teaching at Father Ryan High School. He was the head coach at Father Ryan in the early 80's as well as Centennial, Hickman Co. (briefly) and Cumberland University. He has been an assistant at many places as well including being a volunteer assistant right now at Trevecca. The point is he moves around a lot because he burns every bridge he crosses. Glad you have had a positive experience with him. Not everyone agrees with you. To each his own.

Vandy has never made the final four. he was a volunteer assistant at Vanderbilt while still teaching at Father Ryan High School. He was the head coach at Father Ryan in the early 80's as well as Centennial, Hickman Co. (briefly) and Cumberland University. He has been an assistant at many places as well including being a volunteer assistant right now at Trevecca. The point is he moves around a lot because he burns every bridge he crosses. Glad you have had a positive experience with him. Not everyone agrees with you. To each his own.

Wow, I know he can be gruff and bull headed whith the kids. Did not know he acted that way with adults also. Yeah, I have had a good experience with him. He has not only help my son with his game but with his education also. He has been a big part of my son's school life going on 5 years. Very suprising to hear that. Thanks for your input.

Coach Petrone is a great basketball coach. He believes in his system and wants the best from his players. He is no different than most coaches except he may be a little ahead in his knowledge. He works hard to give his team the edge to win. Look at his record at Heritage. Most of his teams at the school have won at least 20 games. The school is only 6 years old. Pretty impressive if you ask most basketball people. He may "rub" people wrong but it is usually people who are not wearing his school colors. He is extremely LOYAL to his school.

How does he have time to Head coach at WHH and volunteer coach a Trevecca?

Dedication, loyalty and very little personal life. Just wondering Big Chief, how did he burn your bridge? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Dedication, loyalty and very little personal life. Just wondering Big Chief, how did he burn your bridge? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

My bridge is unscathed. They call me the fireman. That's my name. I laugh his stuff off. I can, however, give you a pretty LONG list of people who are still smoking. Ask someone affiliated with any of those schools where he was not asked to come back. Oh yeah. And make sure you get them to sign a contract. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Everything comes back to you in the end. Good luck the rest of the way. Hope the region tourney treats you better this year. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

My bridge is unscathed. They call me the fireman. That's my name. I laugh his stuff off. I can, however, give you a pretty LONG list of people who are still smoking. Ask someone affiliated with any of those schools where he was not asked to come back. Oh yeah. And make sure you get them to sign a contract. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Everything comes back to you in the end. Good luck the rest of the way. Hope the region tourney treats you better this year. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

50 years to build a rep and only 5 seconds to loose. Good luck to you to.

Good POst /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good POst /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ya know, I would love to play you guys in a cross town classic. But it will never happen because your team will never put themselves in a situation to suffer a loss and the embarresment to a 6 year old school. Quite honestly I think we would wipe the floor with your jerseys, while your still wearing them! How's that for a good post???

Ya know, I would love to play you guys in a cross town classic. But it will never happen because your team will never put themselves in a situation to suffer a loss and the embarresment to a 6 year old school. Quite honestly I think we would wipe the floor with your jerseys, while your still wearing them! How's that for a good post???

Bring It On

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• And can you tell me who those two quarterbacks were, and every kid that was put into college from Bearden is a Bearden kid? It’s kind of why they graduated from Bearden.   and I would definitely not consider ETSU “waste”…
    • Most of this is complete gibberish. But the one part I could decipher is putting kids in college. This coaching staff hasn’t put a single Bearden kid in college. They completed wasted one of the best WRs in East TN and have ruined two talented QBs. All because they’re in over their heads. 
    • Well, I’d hope the new coaching staff thinks they are all that because they can always walk around the school, anytime they want, thinking that, especially for what they’ve done for the student athletes and the players, putting more kids in college in his first season than the old coaching staff did in numerous years combined, but we will just sweep over that because I know you don’t like facts. But trust me, nobody wanted Mr. Big britches, made the star player switch to quarterback, which is ultimately the reason he ended up transferring to play the position. He loved, but unfortunately, had to be at another school because Mr. Big Britches doesn’t like when a teenager knows more than him, but can’t expect much coming from a guy who used all class throwing pencils up into the ceiling and making fun of football kids who were failing class right to their face, and in front of numerous students, even projecting on the board most of the time.
    • After that first paragraph, I can see why you’re a TA and not a teacher. Have you made the move from South Knoxville to Bearden yet?    Maybe he left because he is an actual teacher and coach, and didn’t want to be associated with a group of foul mouthed middle school coaches who like to pretend they’re big time. 
    • Yeah and the coach is gone. Whole bizarre situation here. We played them a couple of times at MTSU last few years. She was a player for sure.