ALL REGION!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am kind of stunned that Verge wasn't honored on the elites.

Its like Chris Gray getting dissed last year by not even being put on the list, but DID appear on the all-state list. Verge of course did, but didn't get the Defensive MVP superlative I believe he should have gotten (though Hughes is a great player aswell, nothing against him), but bet he'll take the Mr. Football award over that any day /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congradulations to everyone on the list, much deserving and thats why you will see region 4 very well represented with TEN of these guys playing Saturday in the All Star Game /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I can't believe that Aric at WC wasn't coach of the year. Taking a team from 2-8 to 10-3? that is a huge accomplishment.

I agree. No disrespect to Riverdale or Coach A. They did an awesome job this year and every year, but Aric without a doubt should of won. I believe they always give coach of the year to the team that wins the regions coach. I think it's automatic.

I agree. No disrespect to Riverdale or Coach A. They did an awesome job this year and every year, but Aric without a doubt should of won. I believe they always give coach of the year to the team that wins the regions coach. I think it's automatic.

You are probably right on this one. However, I don't think it should be automatic. Riverdale was picked by the same coaches to finish 1st or at worst, 2nd in the region. they didn't do anything special, other than meeting expectations. The coaches picked Aric and his Wildcats to finish dead last. Wow, were they wrong. Talk about eating crow. There is another thread on here that talks about the "crow eating" award........I think it goes hands down to the coaches in region 4-5A. There is only one of them that can't say they were out-coached by a guy they picked to finish last. There is no one that can argue that!!!!!!

You are probably right on this one. However, I don't think it should be automatic. Riverdale was picked by the same coaches to finish 1st or at worst, 2nd in the region. they didn't do anything special, other than meeting expectations. The coaches picked Aric and his Wildcats to finish dead last. Wow, were they wrong. Talk about eating crow. There is another thread on here that talks about the "crow eating" award........I think it goes hands down to the coaches in region 4-5A. There is only one of them that can't say they were out-coached by a guy they picked to finish last. There is no one that can argue that!!!!!!

I hope your talking about coach Shad.

Smyrna

Kelly Thomason TE #42

Jeremy King DE # 50

Sonny Gray QB # 2

Rod Wilks WR # 5

Tyler Eady LT # 65

Tyler Montgomery LG # 79

Jonah Hendrix CB # 21

Cody Hagar WR # 8

Congratulations to these guys. All of that hard work during the summer and off-season payed off. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Smyrna

Kelly Thomason TE #42

Jeremy King DE # 50

Sonny Gray QB # 2

Rod Wilks WR # 5

Tyler Eady LT # 65

Tyler Montgomery LG # 79

Jonah Hendrix CB # 21

Cody Hagar WR # 8

Congratulations to these guys. All of that hard work during the summer and off-season payed off. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

its Jonah Hendricks