Next Year for Mckenzie+ Congrats to South Pittburgh

hardhead

Here's my thoughts from an old time McKenzie fan

1. You got some bads call tonight but they didn't change the outcome of the game. S. Pittsburgh was 4 TD's better.

2. To contend for the gold ball, Coach Comer needs to schedule 2A teams like Milan and Westview.

10 or 20 years ago, who would have dreamed that McKenzie would play for the state championship!

GO REBELS!!!!!

You would think after today everyone from McKenzie would be able to spell South Pittsburg.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I'm just glad that the TSSAA got the bumper stickers right. Remember in '94 I think it was when they printed up state champion sticker in green for the South Pittsburg Hawks?

As for McKenzie getting better, a stronger non-region schedule helps. South Pittsburg only had one tough game in the regular season, much like McKenzie. It is off season conditioning and leadership on the team that does more good. That is what helped get South Pittsburg through this year. That and a team coming together as one unit and not caring who got the glory. A loss like this one will help the players and the staff prepare for next year. Coach Comer seemed like a class act on his interviews all season. If they all keep working hard their time will come. Especially after looking at their roster and seeing that they have a lot of Freshmen and Sophomores.

I'm just glad that the TSSAA got the bumper stickers right. Remember in '94 I think it was when they printed up state champion sticker in green for the South Pittsburg Hawks?

As for McKenzie getting better, a stronger non-region schedule helps. South Pittsburg only had one tough game in the regular season, much like McKenzie. It is off season conditioning and leadership on the team that does more good. That is what helped get South Pittsburg through this year. That and a team coming together as one unit and not caring who got the glory. A loss like this one will help the players and the staff prepare for next year. Coach Comer seemed like a class act on his interviews all season. If they all keep working hard their time will come. Especially after looking at their roster and seeing that they have a lot of Freshmen and Sophomores.

OP, it's been a lot of fun this past week talking with ya'll over there. Sometimes it's tough to get some of those better teams on our schedule and actually our class AA schedule this season has been traditionally strong. We played Trenton Peabody, Huntingdon and Dresden. Honestly, there isn't a AA team around here that could prepare us for what I saw yesterday. You can't coach the kind of speed I saw from South Pittsburg!!!!! THAT is a born with, God given talent. When you add the stuff coaching CAN add you have the South Pittsburg Pirates! What can I say more. Ya'll sure have my respect.

tha' duck

Just curious----SP was a very "athletic looking" team. What type of weight / conditioning / summer program do the Pirates have?