Giles County vs. Marshall County

mcfan10

Marshall County beat Giles County 91-73 tonight. This is the first time in 5 years that Marshall County has beaten Giles County. The game wasn't really close to the actual score as Giles was out of it early. Marshall County could have scored 100 but they stopped the ball with about a minute and a half left.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. GC must have not gotten stoned before the game.

Guess we just fell face first into that dog pile.

At least 1 district loss in two years...our empire is falling. I guess now we can only hope to run our consecutive titles up, instead of consecutive wins. Coach Holt! Get it together! We're already nearing our budgeted loss total for the season...

Did GC play that bad, or did MC just slip up on us?

Marshall County shot 67% from behind the arc. The players from Giles seemed to play with no heart. The Tigers came out fired up early and were fueled by a packed house of MC fans.

A few questions. When was the last time Giles County gave up 90 in a game that ended in regulation? And is this the worst a district team has beaten Giles in a while?

I can't even think of the words to describe how happy I am that we DRILLED GC tonight!! They have absolutely owned us the last 5 years or so......This makes my weekend.lol

Coach Tigert is a GREAT coach and is obviously getting the most out of our guys. Can't wait to see some games when I'm home on Christmas break.

Congrats guys!!!!! Keep working hard!

Go Tigers!!

I'm pretty disguested with this loss after hearing some of the stories. Sounds like we didn't come to play basketball, more like we came to have tea time with the tigerettes.

Yes, it's been awhile since you beat us, so enjoy it. Last time you beat us at your place, we tore down your locker room...please tell me the holt boys didn't do that again?

And yes, the last time we got beat this bad period was in a STATE TOURNAMENT game. Not worried about this one for the long run, every dog has his day, or in our case, years, but if we lose this badly again in our district, Ill be outraged.

Quit underplaying Bobcats! What... do you really need someone to come back and show you the Tsmitty show is over, and you're not just gonna fly(birdman punn) over teams anymore...

Giles didnt play well. Hope they play well at home. Marshall County didnt miss a shot!!

I'm not trying to bash Giles, but they just aren't as good as they used to be. Marshall Co. and them should go toe to toe for the district title. The district will be more competitive than in years past.

I'm not trying to bash Giles, but they just aren't as good as they used to be. Marshall Co. and them should go toe to toe for the district title. The district will be more competitive than in years past.

2001-2002 is the last time that this district was really a competitive battle night in and night out.

Beginning with the 2002-2003 season it seemed like Giles Co. just took off and left everyone else for dead.

Coach Holt & Co. are due for "1 Down Year" sometime right??????? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

2001-2002 is the last time that this district was really a competitive battle night in and night out.

Beginning with the 2002-2003 season it seemed like Giles Co. just took off and left everyone else for dead.

Coach Holt & Co. are due for "1 Down Year" sometime right??????? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Right, We're not, thats what happens when you lose a little guy by the name of Tyler Smith... you heard of him?

And Yes, we are down this year, down being relative to OUR standards.

Look, a lot of players that are on this team were contributors to last year's state tourne team. Yes, we lost to MC, HOORAY FOR DISTRICT 10AA, someone finally beat GC. Don't forget Page beat us last year, and it wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated. Yet, we still ran the district, won the title, and moved on... Now how long are we going to dwell on this upset? When we do not win in the post-season, and Y'all(everyone else in 10AA) carries home the plaque, then say GC has fallen.

Just asking for some respect, we've def earned it in basketball...

I wasn't trying to bash Giles County. But it is scary that when Giles is down they are still picked to win the district easily. In 01-02 Marshall Co. and Giles played two of the greatest basketball games I have ever seen. Both going to triple OT.

I agree, and I'm glad we're still picked to win, I think that shows the respect that we've earned. I do believe that we're the most talented team in this district. I also believe we may be the worst at "working hard". Our past success has gone to a few players' heads, and I say that's why we're not as good as we could be. I realize we'll probably never win another state title, at least during my lifetime, or unless Tyler Smith moves back here and his son plays for GC, but I do think there's such a thing as playing for pride, and I cheer for that at GC.

As for in 01-02, yes, those games rank up there with the 03 Bolivar game, and the 03 Memphis Melrose state championship game.