Congrats to Alcoa and Maryville

mcwrestler

Both teams made history this weekend. Alcoa was the first team to win 4 in a row. The very next day Maryville claimed number 4, and did it with a group of seniors that have never left the field with a loss. This was the first year I was able to stay and watch Maryville and I was glad I could.

This has been a record setting weekend for these 2 schools. Both have achieved Dynasty status and #5 could be coming to both. It truly is a special thing that has happened and I am glad I witnessed both in person.

It's time for the annual Championship parade in Blount County! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Where else is there a celebration where TWO Championship Teams can get together and display their GOLD!? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's time for the annual Championship parade in Blount County! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Where else is there a celebration where TWO Championship Teams can get together and display their GOLD!? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

congradulations to both schools. really makes me wish rutherford county played at more classifications than just 5A (six 5A schools with atleast one more on the way). i think we could have some nice dynasties as well (other than riverdale and the recent success smyrna is experiencing).

rutherford county has won 6 out of the last 11 titles in 5A. have appeared in 12 of the last 15 title games in 5A. i think we could be perfect to rival blount county. with the growth here every year, our school board would never even consider building a school that was any smaller than 5A, so i guess we will never know.

No disrespect to small schools or anything but I think I would always try to build 5A schools if I could, too. I went to some 2A games this year - Cumberland Gap plays at 2A, and I live close to there - and I felt so terrible for a lot of 2A teams that they played. They seemed so hopelessly outnumbered.

Of course it's a different story when they finally get into the playoffs, but still.

And I wish sometimes that Alcoa would be a bigger school than a 2A school as well. They probably could beat most 5A and 4A teams in the state, but they have such a small stadium (though it's been added on to recently) and school.