TN Football Coaches Association

Bill#49

We were told that if you joined the Coaches Association you would get in free to the Championship games without a TACA card. WRONG!!

I understand that a few people got in for free because they went in right behind Bobby Sharp from Lewis County. After he went in they quit taking the cards.

If you want people to join your group you need to do what you say your going to do.

The President of the organization was told that the card would be honored. I went through the gate with Sharp and didn't get in on my card, even though he argued with them. The T$$AA let them be honored the last couple of years, but made the decision not to this year for some reason?

That reason is money, the tssaa does not mind coaches getting in free to the games in which they get no revenue, but in those 155 games plus the private school playoffs, they want every penny they can get. The tssaa does a lot of good things, but just like the ncaa, it is a monopoly and any time there is a monopoly, someone is going to be done wrong.