Brentwood's Jordan commits to Bama

zonepirate

Roll Tide !!!

Brentwood Academy standout Chris Jordan told bamaonline.com that he committed to Alabama on Sunday during his official visit. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Jordan is listed as an athlete and could play linebacker in college.

Jordan is the fifth-ranked player in the state according to the News Sentinel

"I decided last night after talking to my parents for over an hour and a half at the hotel. I just knew Alabama was the place for me. Coach (David) Cutcliffe at Tennessee and Coach (Billy) Napier at Clemson did a great job of recruiting me and I want to thank them but Alabama was where my heart was at," Jordan told the recruiting Web site. "The thing about Alabama that makes it special is the close bond the players and coaches share. It's like one big family and Alabama is the only place I felt that."

Jordan played his first two seasons of high school football in Norcross, Ga., before moving to Nashville.

Jordan is third high school player from Tennessee to commit to Alabama for the 2008 signing class. He joins Evangelical Christian School offensive lineman Barrett Jones and Marshall County linebacker Don'ta Hightower. Jones is ranked third in the state by the News Sentinel and Hightower is No. 7.

Roll Tide !!!

Brentwood Academy standout Chris Jordan told bamaonline.com that he committed to Alabama on Sunday during his official visit. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Jordan is listed as an athlete and could play linebacker in college.

Jordan is the fifth-ranked player in the state according to the News Sentinel

"I decided last night after talking to my parents for over an hour and a half at the hotel. I just knew Alabama was the place for me. Coach (David) Cutcliffe at Tennessee and Coach (Billy) Napier at Clemson did a great job of recruiting me and I want to thank them but Alabama was where my heart was at," Jordan told the recruiting Web site. "The thing about Alabama that makes it special is the close bond the players and coaches share. It's like one big family and Alabama is the only place I felt that."

Jordan played his first two seasons of high school football in Norcross, Ga., before moving to Nashville.

Jordan is third high school player from Tennessee to commit to Alabama for the 2008 signing class. He joins Evangelical Christian School offensive lineman Barrett Jones and Marshall County linebacker Don'ta Hightower. Jones is ranked third in the state by the News Sentinel and Hightower is No. 7.

Linebacker??? I didn't think he wanted to play at a school who wasn't going to take him as an RB. He hasn't played defense for the most part since he was a sophomore. He played a little as a junior at BA until he got hurt. Didn't go on the field one play this year on defense.

Congratulations CJ and AL! I look forward to seeing his career progress. He has alot of potential.

He's not a true Tennessean anyways. Wasn't very impressive when he played Smyrna either

You are clueless. He is a true Tennesseean -- born and raised here. Moved to GA for a few years as he was growing up. Moved back home with his mom a couple of years ago.

Guess you are a better judge of talent than AL/TN/CL. Should send them your number so they can call for scouting reports . . .

Linebacker??? I didn't think he wanted to play at a school who wasn't going to take him as an RB. He hasn't played defense for the most part since he was a sophomore. He played a little as a junior at BA until he got hurt. Didn't go on the field one play this year on defense.Congratulations CJ and AL! I look forward to seeing his career progress. He has alot of potential.

He was recruted by Bama as a RB. Here is the lastest

Jordan recruited to be Bama's big back

The big question regarding Chris Jordan wasn't would he end up at Alabama. The question was which position he would play for Alabama.

As a senior at Brentwood Academy in Brentwood, Tennessee, Jordan ran 1,266 yards and 18 touchdowns. But rumors were that he'd be a linebacker for the Crimson Tide.

"I talked to Coach Saban and Coach [burton] Burns about the position they wanted me to play," says Jordan, who committed to Alabama during his official visit to Tuscaloosa on Sunday.

"They told me that they want me as a running back. That's the position they recruited me to play."

On his official visit to Alabama, Jordan was measured at 6-2, 213 pounds.

"They said they want me to be their big back," Jordan says. "They like how I can run inside and my speed to take it to the outside. I'm a balanced runner. I run between the tackles with power and speed. I can take it to the outside and pull away with my speed."

"I didn't really play much defense at all this past season," Jordan adds. "I was a running back and that's where Alabama wants me. They said they expect me to grow and mature and get bigger. They think I'll play at 220 pounds."

Before choosing the Crimson Tide, Jordan, who ranks among the top prospects in Tennessee, narrowed his list of schools down to Alabama, Clemson and Kentucky.

"I would have to say the one thing about Alabama that lured me was Coach Saban and his style of building his staff and the football program," Jordan says. "He showed me and my parents everything he's doing. He showed how he's building the team with the players he's bringing in. We talked to the current players and they all told us how much bigger and stronger they've gotten since Coach Saban has been there."

After listening to Saban and talking to Alabama players, Jordan felt that it was time for him to make a decision.

"Coach Saban really impressed me and my parents," Jordan says. "I felt that Alabama was the place for me to go. So on Saturday I went up to my room and prayed about it. On Sunday when I woke I knew I needed to be at Alabama. So when I met with Coach Saban at noon, I told him that I wanted to play for Alabama. He was real excited.

"My parents and I agreed that we really liked Coach Saban, the Alabama players and the players they're recruiting. Alabama just felt right for me."

Jordan runs a 4.6, bench presses 330 and squats 475. He carries a 3.3 GPA. He hopes to room with linebacker Dont'a Hightower, receiver DeVonta Bolton and quarterback Star Jackson.

You are clueless. He is a true Tennesseean -- born and raised here. Moved to GA for a few years as he was growing up. Moved back home with his mom a couple of years ago.Guess you are a better judge of talent than AL/TN/CL. Should send them your number so they can call for scouting reports . . .

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Congrats chris jordan it's pretty neat having played against somebody and hitting them twenty times a game then he goes off and plays big time ball at bama. I wish he woulda choose UT though

SMYRNA BULLDOGS BACK2 BACK STATE CHAMPIONS!

Your Bulldogs seem to have a very talented freshman RB . Will he follow Johnson and Wilkes to TN? He is a very talented back.