THE Smyrna Football Hall of Fame

voldawg08

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for him.....we miss him on the T!! Kaelin Griffith, from Oakland, also ended up starting on the D line at Cumberland too!! Those region 4 guys are the BEST!

Cumberland is blessed with region 4 players, around 20 players made the roster this year, with some that redshirted also.Coach Alexander knows of the talent here close to home.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There was a Linebacker that played for Smyrna in the late 90's and 2000 that went to TSU but got badly injured and decided to quit name Billy Spann. I would be hard pressed to believe alot of Smyrna ball players were too much better than him.

Billy Spann is also a talented coach.

I believe he coaches in Gallatin. Their team went undefeated in 2006.

thought that i would add a couple of oldschoolers,

phillip shadowens 84?

brian carr 93

tome opincar 96

rico clark 94

tay ransom 95

butch waugh 96

jason bragg 96

tommy miles "whop" 94

carlos hayes 97

torey patterson 96

todd russell 97

their is alot of people on here from the mid 90s,a team that in 95 lost to cleveland in the semi finals 22-26 "when cleveland won a couple of state championships in 4a" came down to the last play of the game" the coach of that team benny monroe who was coaching at ooltewah when they came to smyrna last year in the semi finals, interesting stat from that 95 year smyrna beat maryville twice that year 25-13 and than again in the second round of the playoffs 18-0 which today would be unheard of!!

Anyone that puts Jason Bragg, in this catagory is a joke. He was a back-up QB and was bad at that. He needs to be removed from this list and this thread needs to be closed.

Whoever mentioned Ashley Hunter earlier was right, one of best linebackers Smyrna has ever had. Butch was one of the best teammates anyone could ever had. Talent , heart, hard to beat. Hands down, L D is the best athlete Smyrna football has ever seen.

Can anybody give me a name, but there was a DB that graduated around '94, maybe '93, that played at Mississippi State for a season. I remember playing against him and he was the real deal, speed, quickness, could jump. I think he played a little receiver, not sure. I just remember that we beat Smyrna that season(1993).

Anyone that puts Jason Bragg, in this catagory is a joke. He was a back-up QB and was bad at that. He needs to be removed from this list and this thread needs to be closed.

From what I remembered Jason Bragg played DE for two years. Wasn't Luke Powell QB at that time??? No wonder he was a back-up. Plus, I think that Bragg graduated in 98 and Luke in 99....