Smyrna vs Maryville

JDC

As a Maryville fan I would be in favor of that or something like that but please call it something besides the BIG TEN. another thing to consider is how you pick the teams because someone is going to get left out that thinks they are better. to the fan that siad smyrna would beat Maryville because they are too physical I think whatever you are toking on is against the law, I'm not saying MHS would win but you make it sound as if smyrna would line it up and run it down our throats and that amigo just aint gonna happen.

Your right! I can't beleive I suggested "BIG TEN". Who would you pick? There would have to be some kind of criteria but leave no one out then worry about how to structure the league!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smyrna is not even the best team in their region. the won the state championship, FACT. i definately wouldnt count them out against maryville either, cause a passing attack like theirs is a rarity in high school ball. few know how to defend it.

some smyrna fans will be mad at this comment, but theres no need to be, its an opinion. you won state and thats really all that matters right?

3 different teams proved you werent invincable and can be beat 3 different ways:

lebanon - kept the ball out of your hands

brentwood academy - took you out of your element (sonny getting hurt)

riverdale - didnt do either, just flat out beat you. we even saw the dominant passing game

yal are just mad because yal got beat when yal tried too go back to back

Your right! I can't beleive I suggested "BIG TEN". Who would you pick? There would have to be some kind of criteria but leave no one out then worry about how to structure the league!

well that would be very difficult because so many teams have a great run (1-2yrs) then don't show back up for 3-4 more.butif i had to pick

1. Maryville

2. Alcoa

3. MBA

4. BA

5. Smyrna(I don't know what they have done in the past but are back to back 5A champs)

6. Dobbins Bennett(although I think they have been over rated in the past few yrs)

7. Hillsboro

8. Melrose

9. Riverdale(Spurlock was very impressive in the all star game)

10. ? I'll let you fill this one in

Please note that theese teams are not in any order of deserving to be there I just wrote them down as i thought of them.

well that would be very difficult because so many teams have a great run (1-2yrs) then don't show back up for 3-4 more.butif i had to pick

1. Maryville

2. Alcoa

3. MBA

4. BA

5. Smyrna(I don't know what they have done in the past but are back to back 5A champs)

6. Dobbins Bennett(although I think they have been over rated in the past few yrs)

7. Hillsboro

8. Melrose

9. Riverdale(Spurlock was very impressive in the all star game)

10. ? I'll let you fill this one in

Please note that theese teams are not in any order of deserving to be there I just wrote them down as i thought of them.

Maybe McCallie or Fulton.

smyrna is not even the best team in their region. the won the state championship, FACT. i definately wouldnt count them out against maryville either, cause a passing attack like theirs is a rarity in high school ball. few know how to defend it.

some smyrna fans will be mad at this comment, but theres no need to be, its an opinion. you won state and thats really all that matters right?

3 different teams proved you werent invincable and can be beat 3 different ways:

lebanon - kept the ball out of your hands

brentwood academy - took you out of your element (sonny getting hurt)

riverdale - didnt do either, just flat out beat you. we even saw the dominant passing game

uhhmmm.

i'm pretty sure the flat out beat you part is wrong.

we kept you guys on your toes in the 4th quarter.

we just did something different..that made us lose by 4 points.

it's a heck of alot better than last year...[0-49]

sooo. you just beat us.

point blank.

Maybe McCallie or Fulton.

Ihad Fulton down but erased them before i posted as for McCallie i have no idea what they have or have had in the past I also started to put Oak Ridge but they have also been down with exception of 2005. but as i said before it would be real hard unless you redrew them every year.

I could see this happening next year: Maryville would probably win that game.

However: Maryville will never join the toughest class in TSSAA because they keep dominating the less powerful 4A. They are a good team but how would they stand against 5A teams? Did they play 5A teams at all over the last few years?

Smyrna with Sonny/Rod duo would make a real interesting game of it. I see Smyrna pulling it out with that team in Smyrna's era. In Maryville's four-peat era, it all depends on who and how they managed in 5A.

82Cat did Smyrna try to schedule Maryville for the third out of region game this season? I think they asked Maryville, Ravenwood and Ottlewah and all three said no. Brentwood Academy accepted the challenge.

smyrna tried to schedule maryville for game 3 this year but maryville already had a full schedule and could not do it so Smyrna ended up scheduling brentwood academy in a 2 year deal.

even if 2 teams want to play it is difficult to match up weeks available

smyrna tried to schedule maryville for game 3 this year but maryville already had a full schedule and could not do it so Smyrna ended up scheduling brentwood academy in a 2 year deal.

even if 2 teams want to play it is difficult to match up weeks available

82cat thank you for the intellingent response, sometimes it's just not possible.

Smyrna and other 5A teams are too physical for Maryville, I believe that WC could hang with Maryville if not beat them. Yes they are good in 4A but 5A is a whole different ballgame. Maryville doesnt have a tough schedule at all.

This makes about as much sense as if I say Smyrna will have a hard time playing in the eastern time zone.

This brings up my next point which doesn't have anything to do with anything except I am curious.

What is the farthest east Smyrna has ever played a game and west also. The reason I ask is, the concentration of 5A teams is much higher in the middle TN area.

Historically, looking at MHS' all time schedule we have played as far east as you can go @ Mountain City. It is hard to say about west. MHS has played Dyersburg during the regular season in the '70's, but I don't know if that was at home or away. I can only be sure as far west as Vandy.

Happy Holidays