results from sonic invitational tournament

sbwrestlermom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE HERE. NOBODY BEATS MOSLEY, ESPECIALLY BY PIN! PLEASE JUST SAY NO MAN! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

wow going a little overboard are we? good but OVERRATED. Ive seen him get beat plenty of times, and way to many one point matches where hes on his back when time expires.

Only a technicality, but the score was 9-6. Moseley had 2 takedowns, one reversal and 3 escapes. Baker had 2 takedowns and one reversal.

Having watched this match on dvd there was a bad call by the referee that gave Cole 2 points on a takedown where Baker had rolled under the leg and was coming out the back door (a move commonly done by Ben Askren). It was a stalemate position at best for Mosely and yet the referee awarded 2 points. Another referee watching the match gave the mat ref some pointers afterwards that it was just a blown call.

Anyway, should be fun to watch these two go at it again!

• 2 weeks later...

You all are cracking me up!

Fiscus told me that I needed to come check this thread out... You know since I don't have a dawg in the fight anymore I don't keep up with all the chatter any more. Who would have thought that a little 6 team tournament would grow into 20+ teams. Wow! Say what you will, but Randy Stevens at Freedom can draw a gym full of sweaty little wrestlers and all their families the 2nd Sat in December every year...

After the turn out from the last two years, I think I have convinced Randy to go to a 2 day tournament next year. This will eliminate the 5 match rule that we have hit for the last 4 years. Yes, I do have all the paperwork and for the last 4 years it has been an issue.

Jose - the tournament is insured through the WMAA, which follows the TSSAA rules - thus the 5 match limit. There were a lot of folks who were upset when little Johnny didn't get to keep wrestling. However, if you will join me down memory lane - there were tournaments not so long ago that we were just tickled to get 3 matches. Imagine getting 5 matches! It was awesome!

It was bumpy starting out, but I blamed it all on those boys who didn't make weight and begging their coaches to bump them. Once we got started rolling we ran 'em hard and got 'em outta there. It was great event with only a couple of serious injuries. Now the interesting part is the majority of these injuries were in matches 4 or 5 of the day for the wrestlers - so, is there a link to the amount of wrestling or just the intensity?

Ya'll have fun and I'll see you mat side somewhere! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ya'll have fun and I'll see you mat side somewhere! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Ellie.. is it? I know you haven't been on here in a while, but theres something I need to inform you of......... that little ''power blue smiley boy spinny thingy'' you posted last................. well your not allowed to use it.......... it belongs to BCB and only BCB can utilize it. Sorry... and also there is a $50 infringement for unauthorized use of his patented spinny thingy.

you can make checks payable to:

Mr. Boone (bear cat brown)

Janitorial Services Division, Bldg 302

The Baylor School for Boys and Girls

171 Baylor School Rd.

Chattanooga TN, 37405

Have a nice day /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Fiscus told me that I needed to come check this thread out... You know since I don't have a dawg in the fight anymore I don't keep up with all the chatter any more. Who would have thought that a little 6 team tournament would grow into 20+ teams. Wow! Say what you will, but Randy Stevens at Freedom can draw a gym full of sweaty little wrestlers and all their families the 2nd Sat in December every year...

After the turn out from the last two years, I think I have convinced Randy to go to a 2 day tournament next year. This will eliminate the 5 match rule that we have hit for the last 4 years. Yes, I do have all the paperwork and for the last 4 years it has been an issue.

Jose - the tournament is insured through the WMAA, which follows the TSSAA rules - thus the 5 match limit. There were a lot of folks who were upset when little Johnny didn't get to keep wrestling. However, if you will join me down memory lane - there were tournaments not so long ago that we were just tickled to get 3 matches. Imagine getting 5 matches! It was awesome!

It was bumpy starting out, but I blamed it all on those boys who didn't make weight and begging their coaches to bump them. Once we got started rolling we ran 'em hard and got 'em outta there. It was great event with only a couple of serious injuries. Now the interesting part is the majority of these injuries were in matches 4 or 5 of the day for the wrestlers - so, is there a link to the amount of wrestling or just the intensity?

Ya'll have fun and I'll see you mat side somewhere! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Ya'll have fun and I'll see you mat side somewhere!

Having been there for the whole tournament except for the couple of hours I was at the er with my son, one of the serious injury happened not because of the number of matches or the intensity it was because the other wrestler ( from Freedom) was out to hurt the other wrestler. That may be bad to say but the truth is the truth. I saw the whole thing and even heard the Freedom wrestler BRAG about what he did! I know I wouldn't want a wrestler like that on my team. As for my son's injury it was an accident. He fell wrong and hurt his elbow, the other wrestler, wrestled him clean. As for the tournament overall it went pretty smooth.

As the old saying goes...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

please explain why we have weight classes then and not a huge super tournament of 500 kids to decide on a champion?

weight matters /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

weight doesn't always guarantee victory.. but it matters none-the-less

Ellie.. is it? I know you haven't been on here in a while, but theres something I need to inform you of......... that little ''power blue smiley boy spinny thingy'' you posted last................. well your not allowed to use it.......... it belongs to BCB and only BCB can utilize it. Sorry... and also there is a $50 infringement for unauthorized use of his patented spinny thingy.

you can make checks payable to:

Mr. Boone (bear cat brown)

Janitorial Services Division, Bldg 302

The Baylor School for Boys and Girls

171 Baylor School Rd.

Chattanooga TN, 37405

Have a nice day /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />