David Lipscomb's Schedule

DeepSouth44

I dont think it is so much the regular season schedule that is easy, but once they make the playoffs they have an easy road to the dance. The teams on the other side of the bracket (Pearl Cohn, White House, Fulton, Catholic) play teams that are much better than the teams that DL plays in the playoffs.

Please name some and their accomplishments and their records. Thanks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it is so much the regular season schedule that is easy, but once they make the playoffs they have an easy road to the dance. The teams on the other side of the bracket (Pearl Cohn, White House, Fulton, Catholic) play teams that are much better than the teams that DL plays in the playoffs.

Excuses, Excuses, DL beat the best team on the other side of the state. Obviosuly you did not see Mitchell they had a grat athlete at every positon especially QB. Bolivar was bigger than DL at every position and DL was down 14-0 in the first quarter and came back and won. Mcnairy Central was not to bad and MArshall county always has athletes especially hightower the Mr. Football winner. The fact of the matter is DL peaks at the right time which is in the playoffs and in December. Fulton was a very good football team and lipscomb beat them. Teams always have a way of making mistakes when they play DL and DL normally doesnt make mistakes that is why they are so good.

Best team in the state...or for 3A. Cause i know Smyrna,MBA,Alcoa, and Maryville are way better than DL.

And how in the world could you possibly know that? Oh, wait - you can't! Because they don't play. Too bad. I guess you'll have to sit around and wonder if the 1998 Vols could have beaten the 1983 Hurricanes. Or maybe something REALLY important and possible, like whether Chuck Norris could take Bruce Lee. Better yet, please don't try to answer any of those, you'll hurt yourself.

Waaahhh. Waaaahhhh. Waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! All those sour grapes are makin' you whine. Go ahead and repeat after me: "my dog ate my homework." Why? Because one excuse is just as good as another! Pull up your big boy underoos, wipe your nose, and head off to bed. Apparently you missed your nap today.

Please see above reply to "DeepSouth44" regarding dogs eating homework. Read it. Learn it. Live it.

First of all never mind the wear and tear part Lipscomb is the state champ. Secondly if you look at Lipscombs schedule they did play as you mentioned the 2A state runner up as well as Stratford a 5A school. Also in their region they played a talented Marshall county with a Mr Football and Alabama commitment. Marshall county has the athletes but for whatever reason cant win. Furthermore they played Greenbriar who two years ago was in the state championship. Also let me be the first to commend Giles county. People do not realize how good they were this year. Giles Coach has only lost 5 games in the last three years and three of them have been to Lipscomb. Much of the reason Lipscombs schedule is the way it is out of the Coaches hands. Many but not all Higher classificationn teams simply will not play Lipscomb anymore In the past ten years Lipscomb played 4A Springfield, Division II BGA, Pearl Cohn, Whitehouse, Hillsboro, Hillwood, Clarksville NE. Now Lipscomb struggles to find 10 games a year of people who will play them. Also to say Lipscombs state championship is a joke is laughable and simply wrong. They won the same amount of playoff games as anyone else and made the plays to win the games. The bottom line is it matters how you finish the season.

That sounds like Alcoa, Gambler know one will play us either. We need someone to schedule next year. Does DL need someone next year. Would be an interesting game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />