How do you think Culleoka will manage in Cully Classic

CulleokaFan

You need to get out more and see some good basketball....

Cully is a good team for the area they are in.....But if you were to watch Union City,Humboldt,Lake County,Trenton Peabody,Middleton,Manassas in 1A and teams like Bolivar,Dyer County,Haywood Co,Fayette-Ware,Liberty and then the teams from Memphis you would really know that some teams that have 5-4 records or whatever are really much stronger than some teams in your area that is 9-2,10-1...I know people don't like hearing that but I'll stand behind that statement...

For example,all I heard last season was how good White House was....They were supposed to be a very strong AA Middle Tn team...They have a big kid(Gaines) that was supposed to be all that....I saw them play Union City in The Battle for the State tournament at Lipscomb University last year....I saw UC put over 100 on them and ended up beating them around 25 points...They ran that big kid up and down the court...Started meeting him coming and going...Couple of years ago Wayne County was supposed to be good...UC met up with them in the semis of the state tourney and after playing a fairly close first half ended up beating them around 25 points....The style of play is much different and the players are more athletic..You guys might like that slow,half-court style but West Tn fans think it is very boring basketball....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to get out more and see some good basketball....

Cully is a good team for the area they are in.....But if you were to watch Union City,Humboldt,Lake County,Trenton Peabody,Middleton,Manassas in 1A and teams like Bolivar,Dyer County,Haywood Co,Fayette-Ware,Liberty and then the teams from Memphis you would really know that some teams that have 5-4 records or whatever are really much stronger than some teams in your area that is 9-2,10-1...I know people don't like hearing that but I'll stand behind that statement...

For example,all I heard last season was how good White House was....They were supposed to be a very strong AA Middle Tn team...They have a big kid(Gaines) that was supposed to be all that....I saw them play Union City in The Battle for the State tournament at Lipscomb University last year....I saw UC put over 100 on them and ended up beating them around 25 points...They ran that big kid up and down the court...Started meeting him coming and going...Couple of years ago Wayne County was supposed to be good...UC met up with them in the semis of the state tourney and after playing a fairly close first half ended up beating them around 25 points....The style of play is much different and the players are more athletic..You guys might like that slow,half-court style but West Tn fans think it is very boring basketball....

Ok that big man might have got beaten but Culleokas big man have speed I know that the west is strong this year but I think it will be a tight game but Demario Williams lives for the big games.He has had alot of experience in big games so he will know what to do he just knows how to adjust to every situation.Believe me I think that Culleoka will pull this game out.

You need to get out more and see some good basketball....Cully is a good team for the area they are in.....But if you were to watch Union City,Humboldt,Lake County,Trenton Peabody,Middleton,Manassas in 1A and teams like Bolivar,Dyer County,Haywood Co,Fayette-Ware,Liberty and then the teams from Memphis you would really know that some teams that have 5-4 records or whatever are really much stronger than some teams in your area that is 9-2,10-1...I know people don't like hearing that but I'll stand behind that statement...For example,all I heard last season was how good White House was....They were supposed to be a very strong AA Middle Tn team...They have a big kid(Gaines) that was supposed to be all that....I saw them play Union City in The Battle for the State tournament at Lipscomb University last year....I saw UC put over 100 on them and ended up beating them around 25 points...They ran that big kid up and down the court...Started meeting him coming and going...Couple of years ago Wayne County was supposed to be good...UC met up with them in the semis of the state tourney and after playing a fairly close first half ended up beating them around 25 points....The style of play is much different and the players are more athletic..You guys might like that slow,half-court style but West Tn fans think it is very boring basketball....

"culleokafan" doesnt have much of a clue...i respect middleton's schedule very much so....and by the way...the reason culleoka doesnt play a uptempo style at home games is because our gym is about the size of the half court at the state tourney...tiny gym makes for no room to run and gun....i look forward to the game against middleton....it'll be nice to see two of the top teams in A ball goin at it

Ok that big man might have got beaten but Culleokas big man have speed I know that the west is strong this year but I think it will be a tight game but Demario Williams lives for the big games.He has had alot of experience in big games so he will know what to do he just knows how to adjust to every situation.Believe me I think that Culleoka will pull this game out.

explain why earlier in the day you said this game was going to be a breeze and now your convincing yourself that culleoka will "pull it out"...i hope culleoka wins just as much as you but if you say somethin at least back it up my man

culleokarep.....Union City's court isn't regulation size either....Matter of fact in our district the only gym that does have a regulation size court is Lake County....It does make a different though when UC plays at Murfreesboro,Lipscomb University or Poplar Bluff and Lake County where the floor is regulation size....

For the record,I'm not saying Middleton will win...I'm saying Cully will have their hands full....It would not surprise me to see Cully beat Middleton but on the other hand it wouldn't shock me to see Middleton win either....I think it will be around a five point game either way it goes....

"culleokafan" doesnt have much of a clue...i respect middleton's schedule very much so....and by the way...the reason culleoka doesnt play a uptempo style at home games is because our gym is about the size of the half court at the state tourney...tiny gym makes for no room to run and gun....i look forward to the game against middleton....it'll be nice to see two of the top teams in A ball goin at itexplain why earlier in the day you said this game was going to be a breeze and now your convincing yourself that culleoka will "pull it out"...i hope culleoka wins just as much as you but if you say somethin at least back it up my man

Ok first of all I said the game would be a breeze if Demario and the Beach's get on the same page.I don't really know much about Middleton but I know we have speed and I am sure that we outsize them.I know it will be a close game we should will 5+.If the teams Middleton have beat are good then why none of them have a winning record I just think that Middleton has had a soft start to this year I am sure it will get harder they are in the most talented side of Tennessee.But I know Demario will control the tempo of the game the whole night.

So you are saying that Culleoka is only going to beat Middleton bye 1 and when they are 5-3 and have not really proven anything but you think that Culleoka is going to beat Summertown bye 10 and Summertown is one of the top best teams in Class A.To me that makes no sense I think the Middleton game will be a breeze.I know Culleoka played Summertown last year and they gave us a hard fault game I think they got most of there starters back this year.

Yes I am and the only reason I picked Cully over Middleton is because they are at home. It's obvious you know very little about boys basketball in west Tennessee.

i dont know who you are but you need to chill out...you know absolutely nothing about middleton and it shows...middleton has the potential to kick our butts....learn to spell and get some facts before you post man...your making us look bad

I don't get how u think that I make Culleoka look bad.I don't know much about Middleton but there is one thing I do know is that they better to be ready to play us.You forgot one thing we got home field advantage and we don't lose much at home.I just don't see what is so special about Middleton by looking at there schedule it just looks like they haven't played any hard teams yet.I just know ever team they have beat this year none of them have a winning record so what does that tell me?

I don't get how u think that I make Culleoka look bad.I don't know much about Middleton but there is one thing I do know is that they better to be ready to play us.You forgot one thing we got home field advantage and we don't lose much at home.I just don't see what is so special about Middleton by looking at there schedule it just looks like they haven't played any hard teams yet.I just know ever team they have beat this year none of them have a winning record so what does that tell me?

haha...thanks for reminding me that we have homecourt advantage at your own tournament...i dont know how i forgot that /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" .....do your research on the teams that middleton has played....from top to bottom west tenn. teams are tougher....i dont agree with the notion that west tenn. is gonna dominate state every year but i will agree that its MUCH tougher to get to state in west tenn. than anywhere else....