Region III premier league girls U-17

Game Times 1:00 pm both Sat and Sun. Ersa v TNFC Sat and TNFC v Strikers Sun.

Where: Brentwood Academy

The U17 TNFC Blue, ERSA Express and Stones River Strikers games scheduled for Jan 19, 20 have been moved to Nashville and will be played and Brentwood Academy. I don't have game times yet.

Match Date Field Home Away Score Division

01/19/08 time TBD - ERSA Express 91G vs. TNFC 91 U 17 Girls South Division

01/20/08 time TBD - TNFC 91 vs. SRFC Lady Strikers 91 U 17 Girls South Division

If your a college coach you may want to see these games. Some of the best girls u17 talent in TN will be playing.

TNFC were finalist at Disney over the Holidays defeating the MD and MA state champs along the way.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

This weekend, the TN teams traveled to Gautier, MS on the gulf coast. ERSA and Stones River both won their games against the Mississippi teams (ERSA won 6-0 and 4-0; Stones River won theirs 10-0 and 11-0). TNFC also played against the MS teams as well as playing the Louisiana teams. I don't know how they did on all 4 games, but the most important game was their 1-0 win over Mandeville Lakers (they won at least 3 games, and should have won their last game).

With these wins, the 3 Tennessee teams will finish 1-2-3 in the league. TNFC is through with their games, and Stones River and East Ridge still have to play each other. I believe this is how it can play out:

1. If Stones River beats East Ridge, SR wins the league, TNFC is second, and ER is 3rd

2. If East Ridge beats Stones River, ER wins the league, TNFC is second, and SR is 3rd.

3. If SR and ER tie, then we have a 3-way tie, and it comes down to tie breakers, which I don't know how it works.

Does anybody know?

Here are the tie-breaker rules:

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> In the event two teams are tied on the basis of points the following tiebreakers will be considered in order until the tie is broken.

i) Winner of head to head competition. (This criterion is not used if more than two teams are tied.)

ii) Most wins.

iii) Team with greatest net goal difference (NGD) which is computed as goals for minus goals against with a maximum of four NGD in each game.

iv) Team with least goals against. (There is NO limit on the number of goals that will be counted to determine this tiebreaker.)

v) Team with the most goals (maximum of four goals in each game).

c) In the event more than two teams are tied on the basis of points the following would be used to break the tie:

i) The sequence of tie breakers will begin with 5)b)ii) and be followed until a team is eliminated.

ii) Once a team has been eliminated the sequence of tie breakers will begin again with 5)b)ii) and be repeated starting over after each team is eliminated until one team remains.

d) In the event that after having applied the tie-breaker rules above teams remain tied the winner of a coin toss will be adjudged to have placed higher in the standings than the loser of the coin toss.

• 2 weeks later...

TNFC's final game has now been posted. They finish 6-1-1, and earned 19 points.

Stones River and East Ridge are both 6-1-0 (18 points), and they still haven't played each other (no official date scheduled yet that I know of).

As stated previously, an outright win by either Stones River or East Ridge will give them the win for the Premier League. A tie by them, will result in an a 3-way tie with SR, ER, and TNFC. By my calculations, the 3-way tie would be broken by rule iii (Net goal Differential). With a 4-goal maximum, TNFC get eliminated with the lowest NGD. Then, according to the rules, ER/SR go back through the tie-breaker rules. This time, it goes to Least Goals Against (rule iv), with East Ridge winning.

Therefore, Stones River must win the game to win the league and guarantee a trip to Regions. A win or tie is good enough for East Ridge. No presure for either team....

TNFC's final game has now been posted. They finish 6-1-1, and earned 19 points.

Stones River and East Ridge are both 6-1-0 (18 points), and they still haven't played each other (no official date scheduled yet that I know of).

As stated previously, an outright win by either Stones River or East Ridge will give them the win for the Premier League. A tie by them, will result in an a 3-way tie with SR, ER, and TNFC. By my calculations, the 3-way tie would be broken by rule iii (Net goal Differential). With a 4-goal maximum, TNFC get eliminated with the lowest NGD. Then, according to the rules, ER/SR go back through the tie-breaker rules. This time, it goes to Least Goals Against (rule iv), with East Ridge winning.

Therefore, Stones River must win the game to win the league and guarantee a trip to Regions. A win or tie is good enough for East Ridge. No presure for either team....

Claire will not let them score!!! My money's on East Ridge /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />