Region III premier league girls U-17

East Ridge Express 91 & SRFC Strikers '91 traveled to Birmingham and came away with 4 victories Dec 15 & 16.

Saturday

ERSA 1 BUSA Lady Angels 0

Strikers 1 Lady Jets 0

Sunday

ERSA 1 Lady Jets 0

Strikers 3 BUSA Angels 2

TNFC played in Birmingham on Dec 1 & 2

TNFC 2 BUSA 1

TNFC 1 Lady Jets 1

Congrats to all the Tennessee teams players and coaches. Let's keep the wins coming

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update.......and way to go Tennessee Teams!

In mid Jan ERSA and SRFC Strikers are scheduled to play TNFC 91 in Jackson TN. Considering the AL games this should be some great soccer. TNFC is playing the TN teams because one of the AR teams opted out of the Premier League and with TNFC the Premier League champs last year they were given a spot.

Can anyone confirm that Josey Rix is playing with the Strikers?

Why Jackson? Isn't TNFC and SRFC Mid-Tennessee teams, with ERSA being a Chattanooga team.

I'm not 100% certain of this but because TNFC 91 is filling a spot left vacant by an AR team the other AR team is traveling to TN to play. So Jackson was chosen to keep the AR team from having to travel all the way to the Mid Tenn area. So on that the weekend of Jan 19,20 ERSA and SRFC will play TNFC and the AR team.

I'm not 100% certain of this but because TNFC 91 is filling a spot left vacant by an AR team the other AR team is traveling to TN to play. So Jackson was chosen to keep the AR team from having to travel all the way to the Mid Tenn area. So on that the weekend of Jan 19,20 ERSA and SRFC will play TNFC and the AR team.

I guess I can see that. That raises another question then.

http://www.usysregion3.org/

U 17 Girls South Division

[click on Team for more info] GP W L D So GF GA ###### TP W%

1 Mandeville Lakers 91G 5 4 0 1 0 14 1 13 13 86.7

2 Lady Jets 91 Blue AL 8 3 3 2 0 7 4 3 11 45.8

3 Carrollton 91 Girls 5 3 2 0 0 10 8 2 9 60.0

4 BUSA Angels 91 Red 8 2 4 2 0 11 11 0 8 33.3

5 ERSA Express 91G 2 2 0 0 0 2 0 2 6 100.0

6 SRFC Lady Strikers 91 2 2 0 0 0 4 2 2 6 100.0

7 TNFC 91 2 1 0 1 0 3 2 1 4 66.7

8 GCUFC 91 Girls 5 1 4 0 0 5 9 -4 3 20.0

9 Mississippi Fire 91 5 0 5 0 0 3 22 -19 0 0.0

GP=Games Played, W=Wins, L=Loss, D=Draw, SO=ShootOut/ Penalty Kick Wins, GF=Goals For, GA=Goals Against, ######=Goal Diff, TP=Total Points, W%=Win Percentage

Is Arkansas in a different division? I guess some Region III basic explinations on how it work might be in order.

I guess I can see that. That raises another question then.

http://www.usysregion3.org/

U 17 Girls South Division

[click on Team for more info] GP W L D So GF GA ###### TP W%

1 Mandeville Lakers 91G 5 4 0 1 0 14 1 13 13 86.7

2 Lady Jets 91 Blue AL 8 3 3 2 0 7 4 3 11 45.8

3 Carrollton 91 Girls 5 3 2 0 0 10 8 2 9 60.0

4 BUSA Angels 91 Red 8 2 4 2 0 11 11 0 8 33.3

5 ERSA Express 91G 2 2 0 0 0 2 0 2 6 100.0

6 SRFC Lady Strikers 91 2 2 0 0 0 4 2 2 6 100.0

7 TNFC 91 2 1 0 1 0 3 2 1 4 66.7

8 GCUFC 91 Girls 5 1 4 0 0 5 9 -4 3 20.0

9 Mississippi Fire 91 5 0 5 0 0 3 22 -19 0 0.0

GP=Games Played, W=Wins, L=Loss, D=Draw, SO=ShootOut/ Penalty Kick Wins, GF=Goals For, GA=Goals Against, ######=Goal Diff, TP=Total Points, W%=Win Percentage

Is Arkansas in a different division? I guess some Region III basic explinations on how it work might be in order.

After I sent my eairlier reply I looked at the team list and it appears that both AR teams may have opted out. I'll try to confirm this. But AR is in Region III south, if you look at the other age brackets you will find AR teams. Also there are only 9 teams in the u17 girls bracket so that would make sense if both AR teams opted out of premier league.

In that case not sure why Jackson, Tn is the venue for the January games other than thats what they had originally decided to do and just havent changed it.

Based on my experience from last year, it is my understanding that Region III HQ is based in Little Rock, AR. That Jackson, TN is the "home-field" for TN. Maybe it was due to geographic considerations for all states in RIII. Also that there was a re-alignment of the states for region play prior to the 06-07 year, which moved TN into RIII.

After I sent my eairlier reply I looked at the team list and it appears that both AR teams may have opted out. I'll try to confirm this. But AR is in Region III south, if you look at the other age brackets you will find AR teams. Also there are only 9 teams in the u17 girls bracket so that would make sense if both AR teams opted out of premier league.

In that case not sure why Jackson, Tn is the venue for the January games other than thats what they had originally decided to do and just havent changed it.

If Birmingham is any indicator, there are multiple games involving various age groups at the same time. Therefore, it might well be an AR vs. TN weekend, w/o any AR teams for the U17 Girls, but with AR teams in the other age brackets.

• 3 weeks later...

The U17 TNFC Blue, ERSA Express and Stones River Strikers games scheduled for Jan 19, 20 have been moved to Nashville and will be played and Brentwood Academy. I don't have game times yet.

Match Date Field Home Away Score Division

01/19/08 time TBD - ERSA Express 91G vs. TNFC 91 U 17 Girls South Division

01/20/08 time TBD - TNFC 91 vs. SRFC Lady Strikers 91 U 17 Girls South Division

If your a college coach you may want to see these games. Some of the best girls u17 talent in TN will be playing.

TNFC were finalist at Disney over the Holidays defeating the MD and MA state champs along the way.