Region 3-3A 2008 Favorites & Why

OldBallCoach88

Not so fast! Why is everyone crowning Central?? Lets not forget they have to come to Howard this year and they wont be allowed to bring their refs. Do you people know how good Freshman Eric McReynolds really is! He will be the best player in the region this year as a sophmore. Not to mention Jehron Reynolds will be back along with the entire O-Line and the Defense except our secondary. 4 Freshmen started on defense for Howard so you can imagine how good they will be next year. We have Central, Polk, Meigs, and Grundy all have to come to us next year so be ready because our DEFENSE will be ready to lay the wood

From watching all the teams I felt like Jackson from Central was the best player in the region this past season. I don't know how good Mcreynolds is, but i know from your post you thought Hudson was Howards best player all year. And if I were picking a team from scratch this past season. I would take Jackson over Hudson. And if I were picking a team for this coming season, Jackson would be at the top of the list. I don't remember McReynolds, what # was he?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From watching all the teams I felt like Jackson from Central was the best player in the region this past season. I don't know how good Mcreynolds is, but i know from your post you thought Hudson was Howards best player all year. And if I were picking a team from scratch this past season. I would take Jackson over Hudson. And if I were picking a team for this coming season, Jackson would be at the top of the list. I don't remember McReynolds, what # was he?

You would take Jackson over Hudson!!!! Get real!!! I like Jackson and Hudson was the best player in the entire region cant you tell by his MR.FOOTBALL FINALIST NOMINATION!! Plus his scholarship offers. But he is gone now and we have to move on Eric McReynolds was # 33 our starting Middle Linebacker and Full Back but he played some tailback. He is solid ask Polks coach about him!!! Just wait and see. That game Howard played against in Englewood was a crime shame how they did those kids. But thats water under the bridge we are excited about next year and our b-ball team had fun whipping up on them last night!!!

You would take Jackson over Hudson!!!! Get real!!! I like Jackson and Hudson was the best player in the entire region cant you tell by his MR.FOOTBALL FINALIST NOMINATION!! Plus his scholarship offers. But he is gone now and we have to move on Eric McReynolds was # 33 our starting Middle Linebacker and Full Back but he played some tailback. He is solid ask Polks coach about him!!! Just wait and see. That game Howard played against in Englewood was a crime shame how they did those kids. But thats water under the bridge we are excited about next year and our b-ball team had fun whipping up on them last night!!!

I think Warchief would agree with you, you cant get a fair game at Englewood/Etowah. Hudson was a great high school runningback but we were discussing next season. As far as McReynolds, I do remember a couple of runs by him but ALL I can really remember was Hudson, Hudson, Hudson. We'll keep a eye on McReynolds, is he going to be the goto guy for Howard? Does Howard return those two huge tackles next season? If so what are their names, to me those are the names to remember.

I think Warchief would agree with you, you cant get a fair game at Englewood/Etowah. Hudson was a great high school runningback but we were discussing next season. As far as McReynolds, I do remember a couple of runs by him but ALL I can really remember was Hudson, Hudson, Hudson. We'll keep a eye on McReynolds, is he going to be the goto guy for Howard? Does Howard return those two huge tackles next season? If so what are their names, to me those are the names to remember.

Howard only looses 1 player off the line. Thats why I am excited about next year. As a matter of fact of the 5 starting linemen we had 1 senior 1 freshman and 3 sophmores. David knowles is one of the tackles you are talking about and "Big Wiley" Caperton will be back next year. They were the two tackles on this years team and they are sophmores thats why I laugh because people dont know how young Howard really was. The player I am more concerned about loosing is D. Ricks because we have a school full of good RB at Howard but we need that playmaker on Defense

Howard only looses 1 player off the line. Thats why I am excited about next year. As a matter of fact of the 5 starting linemen we had 1 senior 1 freshman and 3 sophmores. David knowles is one of the tackles you are talking about and "Big Wiley" Caperton will be back next year. They were the two tackles on this years team and they are sophmores thats why I laugh because people dont know how young Howard really was. The player I am more concerned about loosing is D. Ricks because we have a school full of good RB at Howard but we need that playmaker on Defense

Howards line will be tough and those guys were only Sophmores, dang!! Well thanks for the info, and we'll pick up the trash talking in the fall. GO CHIEFS!!!

T-mac your right Howard is young but Centrals is young too they return all thier o-line plus only loose one off the d-line I think the key will be who can put 4 quarters together . Central lost only 6 players so it should come down to who wants it worst.

Dont they loose Slack though! who will they have to replace him. Jackson didnt do a thing against Howard. The teams in this region have a hard time throwing the ball against Howard and without a solid running game I dont think they will beat Howard next year and Our defense will be back intact but Central is a good ball team

Dont they loose Slack though! who will they have to replace him. Jackson didnt do a thing against Howard. The teams in this region have a hard time throwing the ball against Howard and without a solid running game I dont think they will beat Howard next year and Our defense will be back intact but Central is a good ball team

Losing Ryan is a big hole to fill not only his running ability but in his leadership. The bright side is that there are returners with a lot af ability and a young man who missed this year with a broken leg that says he will be back. He was special as a freshman year before last. He was the one bright spot at Howard that year. Barring injury to a couple of key players, Central's defense should be better also.

T-mac your right Howard is young but Centrals is young too they return all thier o-line plus only loose one off the d-line I think the key will be who can put 4 quarters together . Central lost only 6 players so it should come down to who wants it worst.

Chargers did lose one off the O line too. #68, He was one of Slacks two favorite hole openers.

i think central will win it again. may not go 8-0 but they will win at howard...it wasn't the ref's that beat howard for those of you that were not there....it was the WISH BONE and POWER I that central ran in the 2nd half...but those howard fans don't realize that central pounded the ball in the 2nd half that's why jackson was not a factor...howard's not that great of a team when they get behind...so if i was coaching i would just line up in a power formation like central did last year....