Region 3-3A 2008 Favorites & Why

OldBallCoach88

Both Howard and Central return a ton of players, especially skill players, they should be a lock for two of the playoff spots. Sequoyah has to compete with Polk, Meigs, and N. D. for the last two spots. Polk lost a lot this year BUT their young players are pretty tallented. Meigs also lost some key players but always seem to put players on the field that will fight you for 48 minutes. Don't know what N. D. will return, but here you have one of the best coaches in the Region. It will be interesting in 2008!!

Don't think anyone is a lock. Also may need to add east ridge to the list. I know they have had a coaching change, if the right man gets that job they could be pretty good. Alot of talent in that program. You are right about one thing, It will be interesting in 2008!!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think anyone is a lock. Also may need to add east ridge to the list. I know they have had a coaching change, if the right man gets that job they could be pretty good. Alot of talent in that program. You are right about one thing, It will be interesting in 2008!!

Well i hate to say this but mr jackson is no longer on the football team at this point in time. He was pulled over this past weekend and they found something in his car and was took in to the justice center. So anybody wantin a winning season send yalls qb down to old mcminn central.

Well i hate to say this but mr jackson is no longer on the football team at this point in time. He was pulled over this past weekend and they found something in his car and was took in to the justice center. So anybody wantin a winning season send yalls qb down to old mcminn central.

All i know is central will still have a heck of a football season this year. They will have taylor watson back knockin heads off at at lb. Shane moses with his 4.5 speed. Jarrel Harrison with hands like a thief and his lighting speed will smoke all people trying to catch him. Josh Moss with his 4.4 speed will blister anyone around the end. Oh yes not to forget they will have ol MICK GROSS back at qb aka MICK BOGGY he has a cannon folks. So we will see wat mcminn central has this year.

The same Mr. Jackson that was such a role model for kids by turning in those drug dealers and signing all those autographs. I guess Coach Derrick can't sweep this under the rug this time. Heres one way of looking at it, Taft will have a great QB for next year!

The same Mr. Jackson that was such a role model for kids by turning in those drug dealers and signing all those autographs. I guess Coach Derrick can't sweep this under the rug this time. Heres one way of looking at it, Taft will have a great QB for next year!

Jackson was a very good athlete and a key component for the Chargers offense, they will miss him in the lineup next year. There are a lot of good athletes on that team, it will be interesting to see who decides to step up and be a leader for that group.

I am proud to see that the punishment fit the crime. This should be a good signal to all the young players out there, that sports is a privelage and not a guarantee.

Has coach Derrick already removed him from the team? Or are you just thinking he will. If so this will hurt Central some. I thought Jackson was the best QB in the region.

wow all of you so quick to count the kid out...how many of you know the story of what took place..oh let me guess you heard from someone that heard from someone...but not trying to say the kid is wrong or right but why bring the coaches in this mess if it didnt happen at school not even during the season....what if it turns out to be less than you heard how many of you will call the coach or the player and apologize for spreading rumors about them.

wow all of you so quick to count the kid out...how many of you know the story of what took place..oh let me guess you heard from someone that heard from someone...but not trying to say the kid is wrong or right but why bring the coaches in this mess if it didnt happen at school not even during the season....what if it turns out to be less than you heard how many of you will call the coach or the player and apologize for spreading rumors about them.

What are you talking about?

i'm talking about everyone on here saying the kid was at the justice center...well i use to work at the justice center in athens...and MINORS don't get hauled into the justice center. when a minor gets in trouble they realease them to there parents....people on here saying the kid will be in taft...how old are you people???i mean why bash a kid if he got into trouble, why not try to help him...why not wait untill all the FACTS come out instead of jumping the gun at the first rumor you hear...i don't know the jackson kid or coach derrick but why do you people on coach T have so much hate for those two..i have been reading these post all year long and you guys never give those two credit, but as soon as you hear something negative about those two you take it and run with it. thats what im talking about...if he did get into trouble he is not the first and want be the last...people make mistakes...but alot of time when you are BLACk.. people take your mistakes and try to ruin you...and before all of you jump the gun..i am just as white as most of you are...

i'm talking about everyone on here saying the kid was at the justice center...well i use to work at the justice center in athens...and MINORS don't get hauled into the justice center. when a minor gets in trouble they realease them to there parents....people on here saying the kid will be in taft...how old are you people???i mean why bash a kid if he got into trouble, why not try to help him...why not wait untill all the FACTS come out instead of jumping the gun at the first rumor you hear...i don't know the jackson kid or coach derrick but why do you people on coach T have so much hate for those two..i have been reading these post all year long and you guys never give those two credit, but as soon as you hear something negative about those two you take it and run with it. thats what im talking about...if he did get into trouble he is not the first and want be the last...people make mistakes...but alot of time when you are BLACk.. people take your mistakes and try to ruin you...and before all of you jump the gun..i am just as white as most of you are...

White or Black he needs to be gone!! Drugs should not be tolerated in or around our kids and it is obvious he cannot stay away from the people that use or sell them so let him go, it is not his first brush with trouble.

White or Black he needs to be gone!! Drugs should not be tolerated in or around our kids and it is obvious he cannot stay away from the people that use or sell them so let him go, it is not his first brush with trouble.

I for one, will reserve MY judgement until the facts come out. It really disterbs me to hear people willing to throw kids away so easily without knowing the whole truth. Believe it or not, it isn't ALL about winning games as much as turning kids around and teaching them to be productive adults. I know for a fact that Coach Derrick teaches this to his kids. And yes some will stray, just like kids have done for a hundred years. A lot of today's kids don't have the roll models we had, so I for one will give Coach Derrick a chance to deal with this and trust he will make a good decision for the kid And for the program. And by the way, the 49 players that finished the year on the team had an average GPA of 3.17 the first semester. Not bad for a coach with no control as some have accused!!

old charger.....now don't get me wrong....i'm not saying that he shouldn't be punished if he has done something wrong...i am just wondering how some many of you posters know so much about what went on...the only point i am making is why are alot of people on here trying to bash the kid now...why not wait and get all the facts...but i have been reading coacht for years and would never join or post but i get tired of reading the boards and people on here bashing KIDS..i mean i bet alot of you are grown men but alot of people hide behind a screan and bash KIDS...kids make mistakes ,we all do...how many of you live a perfect life..i'm not taking any sides and if the kid was doing wrong he should be punished but i will NEVER get on a board and bash a kid for making a mistake...i'm sure he reads this crap like everyone else does.......Mr. Jackson...son i pray for you, i hope that you get your act together and don't let these people talk about you cause everyone on here has made a mistake or two....son hold your head up and learn from your mistakes..don't let it ruin your life.....