Region 3-3A 2008 Favorites & Why

OldBallCoach88

I tell ya what folks, this region hasnt done so great in the past few years in the playoffs, but you folks really love the game of football! I've read some good stuff on here, my goodness, from what I've read, this is going to be a dogfight in this region. Young men keep working hard and leave it on the field. Good Luck to everyone in the fall.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chargers 13, Cherokees 0 If Jackson does come back, Watch Out. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Central was very impressive, Defense was excellent, run to the ball very well. I believe McMinn had there 2's in on both scores in the second quarter, weakest McMinn team I have seen in a long time (QB is a tuff kid), but you still can't take anything away from how good Central looked.

Central was very impressive, Defense was excellent, run to the ball very well. I believe McMinn had there 2's in on both scores in the second quarter, weakest McMinn team I have seen in a long time (QB is a tuff kid), but you still can't take anything away from how good Central looked.

before everyone gets on here saying mcminn had there 2's in the game....The 2nd quarter is 2's versus 2's...so it was set up to be 2's..it's not like central played their 1's against mcminn 2's....the sad part is central was missing Starting QB Jackson, Starting rb/wr Moses, Starting OL King. Then moses and Jackson start at safety...so your a 5a school with your entire team and cant score on a 3a school....BUT WHY IS CENTRAL'S 2'S BETTER THAN MCMINN'S 2'S...maybe coaching....what happened to that offense that scored 5-6 td's last week...

before everyone gets on here saying mcminn had there 2's in the game....The 2nd quarter is 2's versus 2's...so it was set up to be 2's..it's not like central played their 1's against mcminn 2's....the sad part is central was missing Starting QB Jackson, Starting rb/wr Moses, Starting OL King. Then moses and Jackson start at safety...so your a 5a school with your entire team and cant score on a 3a school....BUT WHY IS CENTRAL'S 2'S BETTER THAN MCMINN'S 2'S...maybe coaching....what happened to that offense that scored 5-6 td's last week...

the kid that scored on the touchdown run was not a 2 nor was the kid that caught the TD pass a 2, nor was the kid that threw the pass a 2. That might have just a little to do with it. Central played real well, very good to be exact, but you can't dispute Central had "key" varsity kids in when they scored. The flip side to that is when it was pure ones against ones even though there was no scoring in the other three quarters I would have to give the edge to Central.

the kid that scored on the touchdown run was not a 2 nor was the kid that caught the TD pass a 2, nor was the kid that threw the pass a 2. That might have just a little to do with it. Central played real well, very good to be exact, but you can't dispute Central had "key" varsity kids in when they scored. The flip side to that is when it was pure ones against ones even though there was no scoring in the other three quarters I would have to give the edge to Central.

hey the kid that ran a touchdown is their 3rd qb what do you want them to do put a punter at qb...come on now they don't have 80 players like mcminn...the kid that threw the TD that was his first time playing qb that was because the other kid appeared to be cramping...the kid that caught the TD hasn't played football in a year and a half...he didn't even start...so how do you figure he is not a number 2...I'm a mcminn fan but we can't make the excuse about it being 2's or not...face those guys that were in for central were playing position in which they are back up now 2 and 7 do start as DB'S but i bet neither of them will play qb this fall

hey the kid that ran a touchdown is their 3rd qb what do you want them to do put a punter at qb...come on now they don't have 80 players like mcminn...the kid that threw the TD that was his first time playing qb that was because the other kid appeared to be cramping...the kid that caught the TD hasn't played football in a year and a half...he didn't even start...so how do you figure he is not a number 2...I'm a mcminn fan but we can't make the excuse about it being 2's or not...face those guys that were in for central were playing position in which they are back up now 2 and 7 do start as DB'S but i bet neither of them will play qb this fall

Look I guess we will have to agree to disagree, the point being that those "skilled" position players were "not" JV kids, older and more mature period. It Doesn't matter if you are a back up or not! Thats like saying my starting fullback is a back up guard and playing him there in a JV game. If you are a starter you are a starter. If you play on Friday nights you are not a JV player. You can spin it however you want. I think it boiled down to coaching philosophy one was going to try and win and the other saw it as a scrimmage and used to play all his young ones during that period. I am not saying either is way is right or wrong just two different approaches. Did McMinn have "any" Friday night players on the field during that second period? I didn't see "any". You alluded to the fact it was coaching, personally I don't think so. Still regardless I think Central won the scrimmage over all

Look I guess we will have to agree to disagree, the point being that those "skilled" position players were "not" JV kids, older and more mature period. It Doesn't matter if you are a back up or not! Thats like saying my starting fullback is a back up guard and playing him there in a JV game. If you are a starter you are a starter. If you play on Friday nights you are not a JV player. You can spin it however you want. I think it boiled down to coaching philosophy one was going to try and win and the other saw it as a scrimmage and used to play all his young ones during that period. I am not saying either is way is right or wrong just two different approaches. Did McMinn have "any" Friday night players on the field during that second period? I didn't see "any". You alluded to the fact it was coaching, personally I don't think so. Still regardless I think Central won the scrimmage over all

ok i see were u are coming from but the scrimmage has been set up 2's versus 2's every year...it was the same last year...but i agree with you...but i still think mcminn is hurting if their first offense cant score on central and they were missing their 2 starting safeties...i thought they had a BETTER passing qb this year....but i agree central is a better team but not by much...good luck to both

ok i see were u are coming from but the scrimmage has been set up 2's versus 2's every year...it was the same last year...but i agree with you...but i still think mcminn is hurting if their first offense cant score on central and they were missing their 2 starting safeties...i thought they had a BETTER passing qb this year....but i agree central is a better team but not by much...good luck to both

Yeah I think McMinn has some real concerns on offense. They had two dropped balls for touchdowns, and a couple of other drops in key situations, but all in all there offense seamed out of sync all evening, Central's defense had a lot to do with that, but they just did not seem crisp, Maybe the kids have not completely grasped the concept of what appeared to be for the most part a zone blocking concept or it could be they just had a bad day! Central does run to the ball awfully well.

Yeah I think McMinn has some real concerns on offense. They had two dropped balls for touchdowns, and a couple of other drops in key situations, but all in all there offense seamed out of sync all evening, Central's defense had a lot to do with that, but they just did not seem crisp, Maybe the kids have not completely grasped the concept of what appeared to be for the most part a zone blocking concept or it could be they just had a bad day! Central does run to the ball awfully well.

central's D is pretty good. I mean ALCOA only scored once on their 1st D....AND they are still missing two starting DB'S..i know ALCOA was missing a few guys as well but they hammered central last year under the same situation....they held mcminn offense that scored 5-6 td's on somebody to 0 points in 3 quarters ..i know central didn't score but they were playing with a freshman qb and no passing threat...they still ran the ball okay even though they did't have a passing threat...region 3-3a better watch out...as many points as central scored lastyear if their D plays as good as it did this spring .....WATCH OUT...I central may be losing a good young coach though...

I think Central looked pretty good last night...the only thing I saw that wasn't good was the secondary...That happens when you are missing starters though...I think if anyone has any right to be angry it is cy ables...That kid took a beating as he was throwing, but still threw the ball on target...Overall, mcminn may have a tough year and central looks to be as good as last year, but possibly a little better

Cant wait til the Central and Howard game its gonna be a good one like last year. It was funny how the central fans got on here and said how they shut Hudson down. He didnt play in the second half. Banks and McCoullough along with quick are gonna be hard for them to contain. Plus that entire defense is back and the young boys are even stronger