5 - CHRISTIAN BROTHERS - Any results?

6 - OOLTEWAH - 3rd at Bradley

7 - BRENTWWOOD - ?

8 - NOTRE DAME - 7th at Bradley

9 - OVERTON - loses to Independence

10 - CLARKSVILLE - 4th at Bradley

11 - SODDY DAISY - 5th at McCallie

12 - FRANKLIN - 3rd at McCallie

Not going to be an easy week for the coaches' poll again.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Poll is primarily a measure of dual meet strength with some consideration to individual tournament strength. Votes are cast by a state-wide panel of high school wrestling coaches and are based on a maximum Power Ranking of 100%.

True. But this is their only data to make their selection. So what is your suggestion?

Point being teams have impact weeks, then off weeks. Of course Cleveland should be ranked, considerations should be made concerning their performance at McCallie, but the point is the rankers will have another tough week in their selections!

Last week's rankings

1 - BAYLOR - No major results?

2 - BRADLEY CENTRAL - Wins tournament

3 - CLEVELAND - 17th at McCallie

4 - FATHER RYAN - 2nd at McCallie

7 - BRENTWWOOD - ?

Just to give an answer to one of the questions:

CBHS finished 5th in the always tough Cape Giragdeau tournament in MO.

Last week's rankings

7 - BRENTWWOOD - ?

Brentwood beat FRA, Hillsboro and NCS in dual match quad at FRA on Saturday.

Last week's rankings

7 - BRENTWWOOD - ?

Overton lost to Independence at the Tullahoma Duals Finals. They had to shift their lineup because Daniel White there 152lbs wrestler was out playing in the East-West Allstar Football game. We have beat Independence earlier at fall brawl, however that match was close. But with Daniel being out of the lineup it affects how they wrestle up or down in a weigh class. I'm sure Independence know this as well. Independence do however have a strong young team.

Sounds like the two teams switched. During the Overton Duels Indy's 152 did not make weight and they had to put a JV guy in who got pinned in all his matches.

I don't think Sisenheimer can beat Daniel White if they do wrestle each other. Daniel didn't wrestle his best against Taylor Dixon and he was their until late in the 3rd period. Moreover, there is a lot of wrestling left and it is still early in the year.

I don't think Sisenheimer can beat Daniel White if they do wrestle each other. Daniel didn't wrestle his best against Taylor Dixon and he was their until late in the 3rd period. Moreover, there is a lot of wrestling left and it is still early in the year.

I just want to add that nowhere in my mind do you get credit for beating someone when you spend the entire match running away from someone. When you do nothing but back up and when your opponent gets in deep you either turn and run out of bounds or pull them out so you don't get taken down. Also I'm not sure in what world when a wrestler gets to their feet turns in and get double underhooks and drives the previous "top" wrestler out of bounds that that isn't considered an escape. Basically the refs botched the 152 match up completely, and whoever wants to post the score of the match and call a wrestler out because their proud of the "victory" should get their heads checked. Clearly the Independence wrestler was stalling the entire match and due to poor officiating got away with it. It would seem that when your wrestling someone who's better than you albeit 10 lbs lighter in weight running terrified and getting questionable calls in your favor is something to be proud of. In my mind wrestling is a combatative sport where two young men battle it out to see who is the better, unfortunately it seems that poor officiating and coaches seemingly banking on that fact is what's common nowadays. That's sad because I'm fairly certain the ref isn't supposed to decide the outcome of the match, but that's exactly what they are doing when they let people run for 6 minutes and then score when their opponent tries a risky shot in order to try and score. This problem is rampant in MidTn and it needs to be addressed. It's almost unbearable to watch anymore.

I just want to add that nowhere in my mind do you get credit for beating someone when you spend the entire match running away from someone. When you do nothing but back up and when your opponent gets in deep you either turn and run out of bounds or pull them out so you don't get taken down. Also I'm not sure in what world when a wrestler gets to their feet turns in and get double underhooks and drives the previous "top" wrestler out of bounds that that isn't considered an escape. Basically the refs botched the 152 match up completely, and whoever wants to post the score of the match and call a wrestler out because their proud of the "victory" should get their heads checked. Clearly the Independence wrestler was stalling the entire match and due to poor officiating got away with it. It would seem that when your wrestling someone who's better than you albeit 10 lbs lighter in weight running terrified and getting questionable calls in your favor is something to be proud of. In my mind wrestling is a combatative sport where two young men battle it out to see who is the better, unfortunately it seems that poor officiating and coaches seemingly banking on that fact is what's common nowadays. That's sad because I'm fairly certain the ref isn't supposed to decide the outcome of the match, but that's exactly what they are doing when they let people run for 6 minutes and then score when their opponent tries a risky shot in order to try and score. This problem is rampant in MidTn and it needs to be addressed. It's almost unbearable to watch anymore.

Wow that might start some bad blood!