MBA 215

HSDAD

Anyone who has competed in both sports will tell you wrestling helps make you a better football Player. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Anyone who has competed in both sports will tell U WRESTLING is twice as hard as football. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Most football players can't finish a full wrestling practice so if they can't hang stay in the weight room.

I always contributed my abilities to excel in any physical type training or other sports (kick Boxing etc) to my days on the mat, not the grid iron.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, they should be refered to as CS and I will leave it up to everyones imagination to break the code. Were they scared that Baylor & Father Ryan would get after them or did they just not want to work as hard as Simpson and Shone were going to push them? Yes, CS is probably the proper phrase!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbq,

I do not think you or I have that right to call a high school kid that name. You should be old enough to no better. I do not think anyone on this board has that right. I would be willing to bet the coaches will take care of that. Remember we are adults having fun on this board at the expence of chrildren.

IMO, they should be refered to as CS and I will leave it up to everyones imagination to break the code. Were they scared that Baylor & Father Ryan would get after them or did they just not want to work as hard as Simpson and Shone were going to push them? Yes, CS is probably the proper phrase!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem at MBA is the coaching, not the boys. Other than the Simpson boys, the coaches have not developed many state champs.

The problem at MBA is the coaching, not the boys. Other than the Simpson boys, the coaches have not developed many state champs.

How do you blame coaching when the Simpson boy's are winning state championships? Would the Simpson boy's not train the same way and with the other MBA wrestlers? MBA now has Shone (former Father Ryan assistant) as an assistant coach and do you not feel that he would take the Father Ryan training methods with him?

I don't buy into the fact that it is a coaching problem, it is a problem with the athletes and both their mental a physical toughness. MBA has one of the best staffs Tennessee!!!!!!!!!

At the MBA Duals this weekend, all questions will be answered about Francis and Bartholmew.

Questions were answered when Bartholomew was pinned by quick from tullahoma. and in the next match clanton from father Ryan went out and beat quick pretty easily having him on his back more than once. I'll go out on a limb and say Clanton is the best 215 in DII right now maybe the entire state.

Ben Bartholomew, Ian Thornhill, Seth Cooper, Jeff Francis, Jonathan Williams, Johnny Rich, and Will Bartholomew might disagree with this comment.

Ironman, I doubt you will find too many takers on your comment.

On the other hand, I don't necessarily agree with cbq that it is the athletes and their mental/physical toughness either. My guess is that , coming off a state title, some of these kids are getting some bad advice in terms of people telling them how big and bad they can be if they will only spend all their time in the weight room between now and next football season. We used to call it blowing smoke somewhere I cannot mention on this board.

Ben Bartholomew, Ian Thornhill, Seth Cooper, Jeff Francis, Jonathan Williams, Johnny Rich, and Will Bartholomew might disagree with this comment.

have had

Ironman, I doubt you will find too many takers on your comment.

On the other hand, I don't necessarily agree with cbq that it is the athletes and their mental/physical toughness either. My guess is that , coming off a state title, some of these kids are getting some bad advice in terms of people telling them how big and bad they can be if they will only spend all their time in the weight room between now and next football season. We used to call it blowing smoke somewhere I cannot mention on this board.

Since the DII split from DI, MBA has had about 5 non-Simpson state champs. Ryan/Baylor/McCallie have each had about 25 to 30 state champs. If it is not coaching, what explains the difference?

mba has had some pretty good football/wrestlers the past few years. they may not have been state champs, but they were state medlaists and helped the team and the practce room atmosphere. the team from two years ago had andy snyder, michael swett and allen riley (all contributors on the fball team as well). if i recall, riley and swett both play college fball (one at university of the south and the other at hampton university). snyder was a mr. football finalist his senior year. something is going on over at mba and i'm afraid these kids are being told not to wrestle anymore. i wont name any names, but i'm afraid the new fball staff has had something to do with it and are not making any friends with big red wrestling alumni...