1A All-State

Kingofthejungle

From what I have seen and I have seen quite a few 1A games.

Marco Daily (Mt. Pleasant) no brainer

The QB from Jo Byrns do not know his name but he has a big arm

Ford kid from Trousdale best lineman in the state.

Patterson from Watertown WR. The Moss kid was very good at LB (The QB will be here next year count on it)

Smith from Gordonsville great competitor. Two of their lineman were pretty good as well #59 and #56. The Thornton kid #17 at WR had a big year.

#6 from Silverdale was a good LB, and they could have a couple of athletes next year.

Scruggs from Lookout great athlete. #40 from Lookout was a good LB as well.

South Pitt- #24 great football player, #2 one of the most underrrated players they have, #21 Game breaker at WR, #75 extremely good offensive lineman, #88 TE the number may be wrong but he is exceptional.

This is really all I have seen have not seen the West play alot and not many in the far East.

In your opinion who from your favorite team has what it takes to be All-State?

From Jo Byrns ;

QB #7 Shane Spann-ended the 06 season on the allstate team & in 07 here are the results 153 of 210 for 2345 yds passing, 29td passes only 5 pics, over 500 rush yds

TB #1 Orlando Taylor served as a dual threat back with great speed and elusiveness 156 rushes for 1251 yds & 22tds- 39 receptions for 568 yds & 4tds- 26 tds total,

LB #33 Aaron Yates class 1A Mr.football lineman finalist and on offence served as a threat also 40 receptions for 619 yds and 9tds

S #21 Kurt Reeves a preseason all-state selection and finished with 95 solos from s position & on O had 40 receptions for 586 yds & 8 tds

In your opinion who from your favorite team has what it takes to be All-State?

From Jo Byrns ;

QB #7 Shane Spann-ended the 06 season on the allstate team & in 07 here are the results 153 of 210 for 2345 yds passing, 29td passes only 5 pics, over 500 rush yds

TB #1 Orlando Taylor served as a dual threat back with great speed and elusiveness 156 rushes for 1251 yds & 22tds- 39 receptions for 568 yds & 4tds- 26 tds total,

LB #33 Aaron Yates class 1A Mr.football lineman finalist and on offence served as a threat also 40 receptions for 619 yds and 9tds

S #21 Kurt Reeves a preseason all-state selection and finished with 95 solos from s position & on O had 40 receptions for 586 yds & 8 tds

From Jo Byrns ;

I believe the above atheletes are very good, but there are many good atheletes on other teams and let's be honest I do not want to admit, but with what SP did to McKenzie the eastern half of the states top teams are better than the western half's top teams. I see honorable mention for some of JBS atheletes and that is a great accomplishment.

TCA:

Tomlin @ QB 1700 yds passing 18 TDS 38 Solo tackles Region MVP

Evin Brooks @ LB 72 solo tackles and 18 tfl

Ben Andrews @ TE

Carl Diffee @ DE 64 Solo tackles 10 sacks

Bruseton:

Chad Jordan @ RB

Alex Matlock @ DE

McKenzie:

Derek Carr @ QB

Tyler Reeder @ C

Manassas: