Gibson Co. @ Westview

jvaughan

Can't believe no one has started a thread yet on this with the game being tonight. Especially with it being such a rivalry, a BIG district game, and something do with a Wizard.

Should be a great game. Butler vs. Rechis is going to be heck of a match up. Hate it that I can't be there but good luck to GC.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great game!!!... haven't heard much about Westview's post players.. but from what i know about GC's post... we should have a big advantage... Our girls play Great at times... but they do lose focus... when their focus meets up with their ability.... we should be unstoppable... and I WILL be there.... GO LADY PIONEERS!!!!

Westview will need to shoot at least 55-60% to stay competitive in this one /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

GC will have the rebounding edge and someone from the Lady Chargers has to stop the dribble pentration of Butler and make her give the ball up..

Sum up -- Dribble drive, reverse it , Pate- 3 pointer , Swish!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

PRR- Getcha Popcorn ready !! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Westview will need to shoot at least 55-60% to stay competitive in this one /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

GC will have the rebounding edge and someone from the Lady Chargers has to stop the dribble pentration of Butler and make her give the ball up..

Sum up -- Dribble drive, reverse it , Pate- 3 pointer , Swish!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

PRR- Getcha Popcorn ready !! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Just like I thought, Westview is a one man team. As I watched tonight I couldnt help but think how good can this Gibson County team be next year. Westview is weak.

Dyer County, Milan, Obion and Gibson will beat Westview easily everytime they play.

Can't say I agree, my friend...Westview is better than you put them to be but can't handle the full court pressure...those 4 teams may beat them but they will not beat them easily...Westviews PG was struggling with the pressure and that resulted in fast break points...Gibson Co. didn't play so hot for the first half but that second half was NICE! Nice passes and shots...Awesome job to Gibson Co. and keep it rolling!!!

They have opened up the Offense a tad more IMO as well! In the GC/OC game Jannalee Pate shot 4-4 on 3 pointers...Last year Jennalee probably attempted 4 3 three pointers all year long! Also Heather Butler has gotten 1 full season under her belt last year and this year she's the "star" and seems to be playing well with that role...Our full court press is nothing but speed and pressure!!! I don't think I have seen one team this year beat our press easily more times than not in a game! I hope we continue to play like we have been!

I agree Butler is an awesome player... and she does handle the point guard role well... not taking anything away from her... but one person can't win a game....it takes the whole team... and they do play great team ball... not like last year... when we had some players who were only looking out for themselves... and jeolousy took over the team... this year that is not present on the court or in the locker room.... the girls consider each other family.... and they have all got each others back...on and off the court....When our 5 starters are on the court together...they respond to each other well... and we get the job done...

GO LADY PIONEERS!!!