Williamson County Invitational

Hoganknows

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Livingston Academy should be the favorite.

Here's my first round predictions

Brentwood Academy by 4

Franklin by 1

Livingston Academy by 25

York by 11

We won't know till Thursday whether FRA is playing with mostly Jr and Seniors or will it be Freshmen and Soph. due to the unknown status of Jackson and Canady. I've noticed that there are seldom many comments on Div II schools on this board (or at least I haven't noticed any). Does anyone have any info on BA? I know they have a good guard and a couple of big girls but they have lost a few games. Any comment?

I agree that Livingston Academy is the favorite heading into this tournament. The Brentwood Academy vs. FRA game should be a good one if FRA is healthy.

Brentwood Academy is a solid team this year...they split two games with Riverdale, who is tied for first in District 7-AAA.

I would not be surprised at all to see a Livingston Academy-Brentwood Academy matchup in the final.

Brentwood Academy 51

FRA 43

BA Scoring

Tenisha Townsend-20 points

Mendy Lovelady

FRA Scoring

Erin Colbert-20 points

Mattie Jackson-13 points

Pretty good game and slightly closer than the score indicated. Game tied at the half. At the end of the 3rd BA up by two. FRA played good defense on the big post players but had to give up some outside looks in the process. BA hit a couple of unanswered three's and then sat on the ball for the last 4 minutes. Jackson's shot at the buzzer produced the final margin- Another nice game by FRA's Colbert. Townsend , in addition to scoring, did a great job of handling the ball.

Good luck to both teams.

The 6'3 freshman for Ravenwood has a lot of potential. I was at the game, and she has pretty good hands for her size and most of the time can finish well. She needs to get more physical, but other than that she is pretty good. I think LA will run through this tournament pretty easily. They are physical and is one of the reasons the big freshman didnt do much. Summertown and LA should be a good game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

hoganknows were you in attendance??