Kyle Maynard Duals

RMC

I am not going to lie, Baylor looked good. But watching their fans is like watching a bunch of whiney girls. Jeez let the refs call the match, or at least educate yourself so that when you do yell at the refs you don't look too dumb and ignorant. But, I was pleased with how coach Ramos, or whatever Collin's Hill's coach's name is, deal with that 189 lber. Anyway I can't wait for the barn burner that is going to be the DII state duals. Baylor's skinny four (Watson, Manley, Doster, and Whitacker) vs. Ryan's fat four (Goodrum, Mix, Clanton and Hermann).

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to lie, Baylor looked good. But watching their fans is like watching a bunch of whiney girls. Jeez let the refs call the match, or at least educate yourself so that when you do yell at the refs you don't look too dumb and ignorant. But, I was pleased with how coach Ramos, or whatever Collin's Hill's coach's name is, deal with that 189 lber. Anyway I can't wait for the barn burner that is going to be the DII state duals. Baylor's skinny four (Watson, Manley, Doster, and Whitacker) vs. Ryan's fat four (Goodrum, Mix, Clanton and Hermann).

In Hoc------please post this response-----with whatever additional comments you care to add---------on the topic "DII Outlook" started by bigredblooded. Walkenvol and I made similar posts about the lower weight v. upper weight matchups but we can't seem to bring BCB out of that red haze that his brain is locked in causing him to declare TBSFBG to be the Patriots of Tennessee wrestling. Shoot, if little Boone wasn't wrestling for Everyone's Favorite Team, BCB might not be at D-I state duals in Clarkesville with ND but in Nashvegas instead picking up his check from TBSFBG at the financial aid giving duals. Maybe if enough of us pile on we can at least get BCB to concede it might be a tossup.

There is a thread in some of the responses in that topic about the match being at Ryan and the fan/ref effect if you want add your thoughts on that as well given your above comments about the Baylor fans.

Can you give more detail on the 189 incident? Another post mentioned an apology from the coach that has left those of us who were not there scratching our heads.

Can you give more detail on the 189 incident? Another post mentioned an apology from the coach that has left those of us who were not there scratching our heads.

I was on the wrong side to see, but I think out 189 cross faced and punched at the same time. Not acceptable.

Our 160 also displayed unacceptable behavior.

I was very impressed with the way the Baylor wrestlers caried themselves..not only in our match, but through out the day.

I'm sure everyone up there knows, but that 103 from Baylor has to be one of the best I and everyone else down here has seen. Awesome job yesterday.

I was on the wrong side to see, but I think out 189 cross faced and punched at the same time. Not acceptable.

Our 160 also displayed unacceptable behavior.

I was very impressed with the way the Baylor wrestlers caried themselves..not only in our match, but through out the day.

I'm sure everyone up there knows, but that 103 from Baylor has to be one of the best I and everyone else down here has seen. Awesome job yesterday.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TALL ME WHO WON THA 119 AND 125 MATCH BETWEEN BAYLOR AND HENRY COUNTY IT WAS IN THE 1ST ROUND

Full results:

Mat 1: Collins Hill 68 vs. MBA 0

Mat 2: Eastside 46 vs. Ravenwood 24

Mat 3: Fort Mill 40 vs. Tucker 27

Mat 4: Park Hill 35 vs. Father Ryan 28

Mat 5: Henry County 6 vs. Baylor 70

Mat 6: Grayson 55 vs. Sandy. Creek 20

Mat 1: Collins Hill 58 vs. Eastside 6

Mat 2: MBA 12 vs. Tucker 55

Mat 3: Ravenwood 6 vs. Fort Mill 71

Mat 4: Park Hill 63 vs. Henry Couny 11

Mat 5: Father Ryan 64 vs. Sandy Creek 9

Mat 6: Baylor 57 vs. Grayson 12

Mat 1: Collins Hill 73 vs. Ravenwood 3

Mat 2: MBA 15 vs. Fort Mill 55

Mat 3: Eastside 37 vs. Tucker 28

Mat 4: Park Hill 27 vs. Baylor 31

Mat 5: Henry County 51 vs. Sandy Creek 33

Mat 6: Father Ryan 61 vs. Grayson 9

Mat 1: Collins Hill 53 vs. Fort Mill 6

Mat 2: MBA 18 vs. Eastside 48

Mat 3: Ravenwood 6 vs. Tucker 65

Mat 4: Park Hill 49 vs. Grayson 13

Mat 5: Father Ryan 57 vs. Henry County 20

Mat 6: Baylor 78 vs. Sandy Creek 3

Crossover Matches

Mat 1: (1st place match): Collins Hill 34 vs. Baylor 22

Mat 2: (3rd place match): Park Hill 57 vs. Fort Mill 17

Mat 3: (5th place match): Eastside 31 vs. Father Ryan 39

Mat 4: (7th place match): Tucker 36 vs. Grayson 34

Mat 5: (9th place match): Henry County 41 vs. Montgomery Bell 33

Mat 6: (11th place match): Ravenwood 41 vs. Sandy Creek 33

and also in their finals match after the match between the doster kid from baylor and collins hill, i'm guessing the doster's kid dad got right in a collins hill parent's face and was screaming and making himself look like an idiot. so what did we learn this weekend- that red team has alot of class and respect for others HAHAHAHA

About the Doster kid's dad and Mitchell's dad: If you are a wrestling fan in Tennessee, you've heard doster's voice in the arena, no matter where you stand in the place. He's loud, and gets into what he does (more so when his son is wrestlng). The funny thing is when he and Mitchell's father got into the verbal exchange, doster was wrestling. mitchell wasn't, giving mitchell's dad no reason to jump into a verbal. There is a video of the whole thing whisping its way around atlanta and chattanooga. The video seems to show mitchell jumping his way infront of doster when the collins hill kid did something good. He then preceeded to set doster's fuse. Its good that parents get into it at these matches. It shows wrestling in the south to be more than just a joke. Good weekend of wrestling.

Full results:

Mat 1: Collins Hill 68 vs. MBA 0

Mat 2: Eastside 46 vs. Ravenwood 24

Mat 3: Fort Mill 40 vs. Tucker 27

Mat 4: Park Hill 35 vs. Father Ryan 28

Mat 5: Henry County 6 vs. Baylor 70

Mat 6: Grayson 55 vs. Sandy. Creek 20

Mat 1: Collins Hill 58 vs. Eastside 6

Mat 2: MBA 12 vs. Tucker 55

Mat 3: Ravenwood 6 vs. Fort Mill 71

Mat 4: Park Hill 63 vs. Henry Couny 11

Mat 5: Father Ryan 64 vs. Sandy Creek 9

Mat 6: Baylor 57 vs. Grayson 12

Mat 1: Collins Hill 73 vs. Ravenwood 3

Mat 2: MBA 15 vs. Fort Mill 55

Mat 3: Eastside 37 vs. Tucker 28

Mat 4: Park Hill 27 vs. Baylor 31

Mat 5: Henry County 51 vs. Sandy Creek 33

Mat 6: Father Ryan 61 vs. Grayson 9

Mat 1: Collins Hill 53 vs. Fort Mill 6

Mat 2: MBA 18 vs. Eastside 48

Mat 3: Ravenwood 6 vs. Tucker 65

Mat 4: Park Hill 49 vs. Grayson 13

Mat 5: Father Ryan 57 vs. Henry County 20

Mat 6: Baylor 78 vs. Sandy Creek 3

Crossover Matches

Mat 1: (1st place match): Collins Hill 34 vs. Baylor 22

Mat 2: (3rd place match): Park Hill 57 vs. Fort Mill 17

Mat 3: (5th place match): Eastside 31 vs. Father Ryan 39

Mat 4: (7th place match): Tucker 36 vs. Grayson 34

Mat 5: (9th place match): Henry County 41 vs. Montgomery Bell 33

Mat 6: (11th place match): Ravenwood 41 vs. Sandy Creek 33

hey rmc...is there somewhere that one can go and see the individual scores for each match?

and i talked to SOMS yesterday...he says hello to you and all on coachT...he has been working double time so not much time for the T...but he said he may make a surprise visit since he was being called for

hey rmc...is there somewhere that one can go and see the individual scores for each match?

I don't think so....only the match final scores were reported to our Coach Tiller. I might be able to locate our individual match results, but that's probably not what you're after.

About the Doster kid's dad and Mitchell's dad: If you are a wrestling fan in Tennessee, you've heard doster's voice in the arena, no matter where you stand in the place. He's loud, and gets into what he does (more so when his son is wrestlng). The funny thing is when he and Mitchell's father got into the verbal exchange, doster was wrestling. mitchell wasn't, giving mitchell's dad no reason to jump into a verbal. There is a video of the whole thing whisping its way around atlanta and chattanooga. The video seems to show mitchell jumping his way infront of doster when the collins hill kid did something good. He then preceeded to set doster's fuse. Its good that parents get into it at these matches. It shows wrestling in the south to be more than just a joke. Good weekend of wrestling.

Might make the next two years interesting if we get a Doster - Mitchell matchup.

RMC - thanks to Collins Hill for inviting us down for another schooling. We at the red legged school need to figure out something more to gain some ground on you guys. It was a good day of wrestling as the Park Hill group gave several of our boys a wrestling lesson also. We didn't match up with them but it appeared FR wrestled strong with their lineup finally at full strength.

The ref did get the coaches and fans on his case after the CH supporter (not Ramos or his assistant) protested a call to the ref from the head table. The ref then consulted a young lady with the tapping towel on whether the previously awarded takedown occurred in bounds - there was still 37 seconds on the clock so time was not an issue. After careful deliberation with the input of the CH supporter and the teenage girl, the ref reversed his prior ruling and removed the awarded takedown. Never seen that one before. Why is it in the finals of these dual tourneys (not only at CH but pretty much every one I've attended) an assistant ref is not utilized? That was a hard match to officiate with numerous takedowns occurring on the edge. If nothing else, I'm sure some moral support would have been welcomed considering the level of excitment of the coaches, wrestlers, and fans. Regardless, it was all good competition and the better team won.

It's nice to hear our fans were so entertaining to those critics who's teams came in either 6th or 10th place. We'll consider the source of who's advising us of our need to learn the rules.

The ref did get the coaches and fans on his case after the CH supporter (not Ramos or his assistant) protested a call to the ref from the head table. The ref then consulted a young lady with the tapping towel on whether the previously awarded takedown occurred in bounds - there was still 37 seconds on the clock so time was not an issue. After careful deliberation with the input of the CH supporter and the teenage girl, the ref reversed his prior ruling and removed the awared takedown. Never seen that one before. Why is it in the finals of these dual tourneys (not only at CH but pretty much every one I've attended) an assistant ref is not utilized? That was a hard match to officiate with numerous takedowns occurring on the edge. If nothing else, I'm sure some moral support would have been welcomed considering the level of excitment of the coaches, wrestlers, and fans. Regardless, it was all good competition and the better team won.

walkenvol.....like I said after the match....the officiating left much to be desired. Hopefully we can do better next year.

It was great to have you guys (and Father Ryan, MBA, and Ravenwood) come down to our little place out in the sticks.

And walkenvol....next time set the alarm clock!