Mr. Basketball Favorites (A) from the 1st half of the season?

yomomma

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albright is a good ballplayer but no were near the best in the state in 1a... if you put him on a team like Manassas, union city, humbolt, or csas he would not even stand out..... The candidates are more than likely already made up in the minds of the people voting anyway..... The top 3 at the end of the year will be as follows....I will almost guarantee it....

MJ Brown

Carter McMasters

Demario Williams

MJ Brown will win it, and is playing on the 2nd best team in the state UC.... I say that because I think that Manassas is a little better, played the best team in the state Ridgeway within 6... One of the two will win it....

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What do you think about MVP in his District?

What do you think about MVP in his District?

Buckner is the best player in 1-A right now and he is top 5 in the state, he should be Mr. Basketball in 1-A but his stats want be as strong as the others because Buckner plays team ball he dont have to score 30 for Manassas 2 win but he could do it if he had 2

How is this award decided? Is it decided on stats or is it just a popularity contest or does someone go around looking for great ball players? I know that the further a team goes into the post season the more they get seen by others but it is an individual award not a team award. So how do you pick a player out and say this one is better and this one is second? I have seen a couple of ball players that I think are stand outs but I haven't seen many of the ones that are already listed on this board.

yeah, probably, it's between him, woodard, and anderson... Really depends on the 2nd half of the season, and how they do against each other... Comparing D10's MVP to west tennessee MVP's are like day and night though, as far as this year goes... Districts 3, 4, 5, 8, 14, 15, 16 have more elite players in the district than district 10... I am not saying overall more decent ball players but more elite by far this year...

yeah, probably, it's between him, woodard, and anderson... Really depends on the 2nd half of the season, and how they do against each other... Comparing D10's MVP to west tennessee MVP's are like day and night though, as far as this year goes... Districts 3, 4, 5, 8, 14, 15, 16 have more elite players in the district than district 10... I am not saying overall more decent ball players but more elite by far this year...

Got ya, thanks for your input.

Buckner is the best player in 1-A right now and he is top 5 in the state, he should be Mr. Basketball in 1-A but his stats want be as strong as the others because Buckner plays team ball he dont have to score 30 for Manassas 2 win but he could do it if he had 2

Well i beg the differ sir. MJ Brown is the best player in 1a right now hands down..He led his team in Nashville to win the battle of the state tourny getting MVP honers against all aaa schools and d2..And he picked up where he left off in POpular Bluff Mo. against a 5a school out of Little Rock Ark. ranked 2nd in the state in 5a..Legend you say Buckner want get it because he is a team player and don't get 30 a game..Or just only when he needs it..Why didnt he step up against Ridgeway..Bolton..Or that other school yall lost to..Where was he then when Manassas despertly needed a bucket..or a rebound..or a block shot. or that assist..You said he is one and done at the college level..Then he is NBA bound no doubt..Hey i don't doubt you Legend but i guess ill have to see this kid myself because something just don't add up here..But i do understand he is a jr..But still..If he is that good it don't matter what grade he is in..MJ Brown was a jr. last year and won Mr. Basketball..You see Legend..The diffrence between MJ Brown and your ol Mighty Buckner is MJ can carry the load because he is a true leader..You said Buckner wont get the Mr. Basketball award because he is a team player..What do you think MJ Brown is?? He gets 7or8 rebounds 5or6 steals 1or2 blocks and 8or10 assist a game..Not to mention averging around 20 or more a game...So don't make up excuses for Buckner..Let him play his game and show who he is..You can't do it for him.

Well i beg the differ sir. MJ Brown is the best player in 1a right now hands down..He led his team in Nashville to win the battle of the state tourny getting MVP honers against all aaa schools and d2..And he picked up where he left off in POpular Bluff Mo. against a 5a school out of Little Rock Ark. ranked 2nd in the state in 5a..Legend you say Buckner want get it because he is a team player and don't get 30 a game..Or just only when he needs it..Why didnt he step up against Ridgeway..Bolton..Or that other school yall lost to..Where was he then when Manassas despertly needed a bucket..or a rebound..or a block shot. or that assist..You said he is one and done at the college level..Then he is NBA bound no doubt..Hey i don't doubt you Legend but i guess ill have to see this kid myself because something just don't add up here..But i do understand he is a jr..But still..If he is that good it don't matter what grade he is in..MJ Brown was a jr. last year and won Mr. Basketball..You see Legend..The diffrence between MJ Brown and your ol Mighty Buckner is MJ can carry the load because he is a true leader..You said Buckner wont get the Mr. Basketball award because he is a team player..What do you think MJ Brown is?? He gets 7or8 rebounds 5or6 steals 1or2 blocks and 8or10 assist a game..Not to mention averging around 20 or more a game...So don't make up excuses for Buckner..Let him play his game and show who he is..You can't do it for him.

You are getting me wrong what im am saying Reggie Could average 30pts a game but he averages 17pts 12rbds 6blks and 2assist cause thats his roll. Now far as the 3 loses those teams were just better those nights simple as that.

I guess you would not understand that cause UC has played a tougher schedule than Manassas if you buy that. the Schedules are not even close as far as the teams UC has played -VS- Manassas Top teams Craigmont, Ridgeway, Wooddale, Liberty Tech, Mitchell, Treadwell, NCA I guess UC has played that type of schedule so far this year. I guess UC has played 5 games in 5 days so far this year. Player for player Buckner is the beat in 1-A Let me ask you yhis 2 years ago Mitchell had Thad Young they lost 6 games that year and Liberty beat them in the state game. I think Thad Plays for the Philly 76ers in the NBA went 1 and done. UC could do the same thing to Manassas I have alot of respect for UC but MJ could not guard buckner but buckner is Quick enough to guard him they played aganist each other in Dickson,TN this summer aau ball. Buckners Team won the game just trust me and see this kid for your self if Manassas wins the state and not lose another game this year Buckner is Mr. Basketball even with the stats going to MJ Brown points wise. Thats what the voters look at they dont look at total team value.

You are getting me wrong what im am saying Reggie Could average 30pts a game but he averages 17pts 12rbds 6blks and 2assist cause thats his roll. Now far as the 3 loses those teams were just better those nights simple as that.

I guess you would not understand that cause UC has played a tougher schedule than Manassas if you buy that. the Schedules are not even close as far as the teams UC has played -VS- Manassas Top teams Craigmont, Ridgeway, Wooddale, Liberty Tech, Mitchell, Treadwell, NCA I guess UC has played that type of schedule so far this year. I guess UC has played 5 games in 5 days so far this year. Player for player Buckner is the beat in 1-A Let me ask you yhis 2 years ago Mitchell had Thad Young they lost 6 games that year and Liberty beat them in the state game. I think Thad Plays for the Philly 76ers in the NBA went 1 and done. UC could do the same thing to Manassas I have alot of respect for UC but MJ could not guard buckner but buckner is Quick enough to guard him they played aganist each other in Dickson,TN this summer aau ball. Buckners Team won the game just trust me and see this kid for your self if Manassas wins the state and not lose another game this year Buckner is Mr. Basketball even with the stats going to MJ Brown points wise. Thats what the voters look at they dont look at total team value.

Well all the teams u mention is all Memphis accept for NCA....Ive already told you once..Memphis is Memphis..They are who they are and they play the same type basketball..Ive seen it all before..And i don't doubt that Buckner is a great player but he don't have the weight on his shoulders like MJ Brown does because like i said..MJ is a leader..And as far as MJ guarding Buckner..Well i think Buckner has the edge there because he is 6'8..So i don't think anyone expects MJ to guard Buckner and stop him..Heck i don't think anyone in 1a can stop him..U just gotta know ur role and hope to contain him..As far as Buckner guarding MJ..I don't believe Buckner can stop MJ from doing his thang..Mills Ark. put 3 diffrent people on him last night and all they got was imbarrassed!! 2 of them got frustraited and fouled out..And one of them was suposed to be an all american defender at 6'3 and very quick on his feet..He had no answer for MJ...All he could do is shake his head and grin..I even saw him clap at MJ a couple of times...So if u say Buckner can stop him then i will have to see for myself..Until then i don't believe any of it sorry.