the 2nd half for 1a

dchcindian2

the first half of the year for this region seems to b going in university highs favor at the top of the charts.. can hchs(hancock) make a comeback this year and reign at the top like they did from years past? with a 2-0 district record so far and a 4-1 region record they arent in that bad of shape.. can they pull it out and beat hampton, unaka, u high, cosby and the rest of the region1a field for a chance at the big show?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosby and Hancock aren't in Region 1A. I don't see anyone in the region competing with Hampton at this point. They have already played 3 teams (Unicoi, Johnson Co., and Grace Christian) that are better than anyone else in the conference. In those 3 games they won 2 of the games and gave the other one away in OT. It's Hampton's conference to lose...

Cosby and Hancock aren't in Region 1A. I don't see anyone in the region competing with Hampton at this point. They have already played 3 teams (Unicoi, Johnson Co., and Grace Christian) that are better than anyone else in the conference. In those 3 games they won 2 of the games and gave the other one away in OT. It's Hampton's conference to lose...

cosby and hancock are in region 1a unaka, uh, hampton, cloudland and north green are in district 1 hancock and cosby are apart of district 2 this is cosbys first year in district 2 all of these plus washburn jellico and clinch are apart of region 1

cosby and hancock are in region 1a unaka, uh, hampton, cloudland and north green are in district 1 hancock and cosby are apart of district 2 this is cosbys first year in district 2 all of these plus washburn jellico and clinch are apart of region 1

that doesn't make any sense. wouldn't it make it much easier to just make different regions instead of that district crap?

yes hampton is a very good team but hancock has got alot of unreaveled talent that hasn really exploded on the court so far and theyv got some heart i think hancocks got a shot at substate

you are entitled to your opinion. Hancock lost to Unaka last year in the regionals. They will have to get some transfers we haven't heard of in order to have any shot at substate

you are entitled to your opinion. Hancock lost to Unaka last year in the regionals. They will have to get some transfers we haven't heard of in order to have any shot at substate

this is true but hancock has 4 remaining starters from last year losing only 1 player this year they have alot more expirience and muscle and they r a more rounde team

this is true but hancock has 4 remaining starters from last year losing only 1 player this year they have alot more expirience and muscle and they r a more rounde team

I am sure Hancock is better than last year however, they will have to play their best in order to beat University High, Hampton, or Cloudland. Also Unaka is playing better now and is probably better this year than last year too. District one has swept District two the last two years and I believe there is a good chance that will happen again this year. Hancock better finish as the number one seed in District two to have any chance of making it to the regional semifinals IMO. Also, didn't University High already defeat Hancock this year?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes U high beat Hancock by 10 but hancock played one of their worst games of the season...as far as your opinion on district 1a sweeping the region as they did last year i dont think it will happen this season...yes i have seen hampton and U high play this season and the are very good teams with a tough cloudland team not far behind those 2 and as we all know Unaka will show up and compete every night...hancock and cosby will both be difficult teams around tourny time...Hancock probably has the most potential of any team in this region but they have not played to their ability...they have by far the biggest guy in the region with an amazing touch,good rebounders and two of the best guards in east tn but the team just cant get it together but with some confidence they could be good...

its true hancock has some good gaurds and an excellent big man but you cant forget about the scrappy 3 an 4 men who add alot of heart to the team. hancock has really stepped it up by beating cosby for the first time in 5 years. the team as far as iv seen has really started playing tough. lets just hope they keep it up.....

I hate to burst your bubble but the Cosby team that you are bragging about beating is quite possibly the worst Cosby team that they have EVER had. They have no shooters and their big man cant see to shoot for all the hair in his face. Never know though, wierd things happen come tourney time. They could be world beaters by then but going by what I have saw at Christmas i think a desent Jr. high team could beat them. Hancock is aI hate to burst your bubble but the Cosby team that you are bragging about beating is quite possibly the worst Cosby team that they have EVER had. They have no shooters and their big man cant see to shoot for all the hair in his face. Never know though, wierd things happen come tourney time. They could be world beaters by then but going by what I have saw at Christmas i think a desent Jr. high team could beat them. Hancock on the other hand is a very sound and fundamental based team that might sneak up on someone in the tourney.