Farragut vs. Fulton

JCM10

Should be a great game, the inner city boys against the rich kids. Both schools have good teams this year. Where is it going to be played?

I'm already looking forward to the Oak Ridge and Faragut game on next Thursday Jan. 3rd. I don't see why it's not being played on a Friday though. But I guess that should be on a another topic.

Who will come out on top?

From a distance, I would imagine that Oak Ridge will win by 8 or 10 points if the game is at Farragut. If at Oak Ridge, oddly could be closer. Oak Ridge lost a key player (Coffey). He may not have been a starter, but listening to several games on prep radio, I guarantee you his loss will make it difficult for OR. If the Ridgers win the Venture tournament in middle Tennessee, I don't see more than one loss til tournament time. Farragut has a chance if they shoot better than 50% 3 pointers. How's that for fair?

Now, can someone tell me who won the Science Hill vs Northview (Duluth, GA) with Ralph Samson's son, the 7 foot phenom? Science Hill is another strong team. The Georgia teams can manage to lose to less talented teams on a regular basis.

May your team win.

w c fields

From a distance, I would imagine that Oak Ridge will win by 8 or 10 points if the game is at Farragut. If at Oak Ridge, oddly could be closer. Oak Ridge lost a key player (Coffey). He may not have been a starter, but listening to several games on prep radio, I guarantee you his loss will make it difficult for OR. If the Ridgers win the Venture tournament in middle Tennessee, I don't see more than one loss til tournament time. Farragut has a chance if they shoot better than 50% 3 pointers. How's that for fair?

Now, can someone tell me who won the Science Hill vs Northview (Duluth, GA) with Ralph Samson's son, the 7 foot phenom? Science Hill is another strong team. The Georgia teams can manage to lose to less talented teams on a regular basis.

May your team win.

w c fields

Science Hill won by 42.....I think Fulton wins this one in a close one(6-8)....Fulton will give Farragut's bigs matchup problems on the perimeter...I agree though, Farragut can definitely shoot themselves into a position to win, especially if Abraham gets going. Binder and Watson must play well for the Ads to win...Farragut's perimeter D can't hang with Hollingsworth, Steele, Gallman, and Minor. It's always interesting to see Dodgen's substitution pattern against a team like Fulton that rarely subs.........

May your team win.

w c fields

Yes, that's really to bad for Coffey, he has been a great player at football as well as basketball, he was a starter on both teams. The basketball team will be hurting without him that's for sure. He has been the 3rd or 4th highest scorer for Oak Ridge each game. The game will be played at the new Oak Ridge arena, that place is awsome.

I think I might catch that Farragut and Fulton game, it should be a great one.

Steele, Hollingsworth, Gallman and Bryant look great tonight against Farragut Admirals. Wade Bryant had like 25 point tonight against Admirals.

Shannon Hollingsworth need some great at point guard tonight. Look great tonight.

Steele hurt his ankle early in the game. But come back play great tonight.

So Fulton Falcons and Head Coach Jody Wright will play Baylor Bears tomorrow at Super 16 Basketball Tournament.

Bearden Bulldogs will take on Loudon Redskins tomorrow also.

In the loser bracket will be Morristown East Hurricanes vs Farragut Admirals and other game is Jefferson County Patriots vs Knox. Carter Hornets

I agree 100%. Fulton is a solid, well-coached team. When I was a kid we played Fulton and they were always tough. (I date back to the days of Clarence Flemming, if any of you remember him!)

Did anyone find the Farragut coach's comments slightly like those of a very sore loser? He's found a way to avoid losing to Fulton in this tourney next year... "I won't come here anymore". Unless I misunderstood the quote in the Knoxville papers, it was close to saying "We're not up to playing Fulton". With Farragut's sports history over the past decade, I would have been embarrased by that comment were I a team member or just a fan. To be fair, he did go on to give Fulton some credit, but what did he expect, the sisters of mercy? The idea of these tournaments inviting some of the best talent and teams around is (I thought) the idea. Fans want to see the powerhouses and the potential Division I players, not the 0 and 10 teams. Just sounded as if Farragut wanted a couple of weak ones, then take their only risk in the finals. Sorry if I'm being too rough on the guy. Now I am really interested in the game vs Farragut and OR next week. Coming off that heartbreaker to Memphis Central (a very solid team), I wouldn't want to play Jarred Stephens, Quinche Dowdell and company, even if they are without Raphael Coffey.

Good luck and enjoy the best competition around. (I'll take the average Tennessee team over the average GA team any day.) If anyone has a lead on a job for me, I'd love to return to my home state and see all the great basektball in East Tennessee, Middle and even the West. I honestly believe that TN's best can compete with anyone, anywhere. Happy New Year all. Maybe one of these days I'll be sitting alongside of you watching one of these games.

Happy New Year WCFields ! Come up to Oak Ridge this Thursday and see their new giant arena ! Six scoreboards including a giant one hanging down from the ceiling. I have never seen anything like the place at a high school. Can you coach football?

Happy New Year Year Everyone !

GO WILDCATS ! BEAT FARRAGUT !