Dyer County Vs. Dyersburg

1brutalchoctaw

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOTH football teams played with class ! Only thing is Dyer County WON with class ! I doubt anyone would have stormed the field after a late hit, they would've been happy with the penalty yardage (not that they needed it).

WON...being the key word...Fact of the matter DC ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

NO, what it comes down to is that *some* of Dyer County's basketball team has no class. An incidental elbow to the head happens all of the time in basketball. Throwing punches does not. The Dyersburg student section was not "spilling out on the floor", and if Dyer County's *TWO* players had not shown deliberate physical aggression towards Dyersburg's *TWO* players we all would not have been stuck in such an unsafe, uncomfortable situation. Don't try to shift the blame to student section of Dyersburg, which by the way doubled Dyer County's in number and noise. The physical altercation was 100% DC. It is shame, because none of this happened before last year, when the Trojans had a 7 GAME streak on DC. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Dyersburg loss, yes. For the most part Dyer County deserved to win, yes. Congratualations Dyer County!!! You have NBA superstars! Congrats to the Dyersburg squad!!! You have class and you will all most definantly succeed in life. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WAY TO GO LADY TROJANS!!!

10 IN A ROW!!!

Wow.. I haven't posted on this forum in a long time but after reading your incorrect post, I felt I needed too. First of all.. you obviously didn't see the Dyersburg student section.. They jumped down on the court throwing up hateful hand gestures and other things while the Dc section stayed where they are supposed too (while fully supporting the winning team) and stayed out of trouble. Secondly... Ray Charles could have seen the elbows being thrown by Mclin throughout the night (but that does not mean that the player from DC should have acted the way he did). I got a forwarded text message last night that was obviously stated by a fan of Dyersburg that was a sore loser that was very inappropriate and should have never been sent.. but I will not repeat what was said on the message on here in fear of a ban. Good day

NO, what it comes down to is that *some* of Dyer County's basketball team has no class. An incidental elbow to the head happens all of the time in basketball. Throwing punches does not. The Dyersburg student section was not "spilling out on the floor", and if Dyer County's *TWO* players had not shown deliberate physical aggression towards Dyersburg's *TWO* players we all would not have been stuck in such an unsafe, uncomfortable situation. Don't try to shift the blame to student section of Dyersburg, which by the way doubled Dyer County's in number and noise. The physical altercation was 100% DC. It is shame, because none of this happened before last year, when the Trojans had a 7 GAME streak on DC. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Dyersburg loss, yes. For the most part Dyer County deserved to win, yes. Congratualations Dyer County!!! You have NBA superstars! Congrats to the Dyersburg squad!!! You have class and you will all most definantly succeed in life. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WAY TO GO LADY TROJANS!!!

10 IN A ROW!!!

IF you can't BEAT US join US....others have.......WITH GREAT SUCCESS I might add /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Okay, I was in the student section, and when the altercation occured I did not . . . in all honesty . . . see a student on the court, but I am not saying that there weren't any students down there. Happy? Call me a liar if you wish, but I didn't see it. BUT we would not be talking about this if there was no altercation. As for football . . . this is a basketball thread, DC won in football . . . and they deserved it. As for the student section . . . Dyersburg's standing students went to the rail at the top of the lower section . . . from my perspective DC's did not. OoO . . . RIVALY /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wow.. I haven't posted on this forum in a long time but after reading your incorrect post, I felt I needed too. First of all.. you obviously didn't see the Dyersburg student section.. They jumped down on the court throwing up hateful hand gestures and other things while the Dc section stayed where they are supposed too (while fully supporting the winning team) and stayed out of trouble. Secondly... Ray Charles could have seen the elbows being thrown by Mclin throughout the night (but that does not mean that the player from DC should have acted the way he did). I got a forwarded text message last night that was obviously stated by a fan of Dyersburg that was a sore loser that was very inappropriate and should have never been sent.. but I will not repeat what was said on the message on here in fear of a ban. Good day

I haven't been on here in a couple years myself. Good to see the rivalry is still alive and kicking. I've noticed a couple things.

1. Someone said they were applauding the kid's effort in the game not the punch he threw. I find that hard to believe seeing as he was in for like 45 seconds and ran up and down the court 3 times. Maybe he ran hard all three times, I don't know.

2. Not to say that there weren't elbows thrown, but for those of you that don't know basketball (which by reading most of these posts is a lot of you) you are allowed to chin the ball with elbows out and pivot. If someone gets hit, tough. Get out the way. Although I do believe some were thrown a little wild.

3. That last post about a text message. What relevance does it have if you're not gonna say what it said? Sounds like you're just making something up or trying to start something.

4. I liked both student sections. Keeps the crowd alive for the players. Administrators did a good job of controlling them I thought.

5. Terrible refereeing job. The whole situation could have been avoided if tight calls would have been made early in the game. The refs let the game get out of control really early. I thought there was a lot of reaching and hand checking from both sides that was not called. And then a lot of weird calls made later in the game. The refs should have known it would be a physical game and took control early.

6. Both teams played well. I enjoyed watching the track meet. DC seemed to want it more in the 3rd quarter. That was the difference of the game. Good luck to both teams. If they keep their heads on right they should do ok in the postseason.

OOO . . . THAT'S A ROAST . . .

I'M BURNIG AS WE SPEAK!

$6,500,000 in SCHOLARSHIPS . . . DHS Class of 2007

Keep on burning....you lose more and more students every year, sad but true /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Get orange and get happy /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Don't be so defensive...just messing with ya!!!! Ya'lls girls played a great game,plus one of my relatives cheers for the black and gold /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Keep on burning....you lose more and more students every year, sad but true /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Get orange and get happy /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Don't be so defensive...just messing with ya!!!! Ya'lls girls played a great game,plus one of my relatives cheers for the black and gold /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dyersburg increased by 200 students since last school year.

As for "messin" . . . that's for the outhouse . . . I can't recognize sarcasim when it's in the form of text on a computer monitor.

aaahhhhhhh . . . I love it!!! I'm being serious when I type that!

Dyersburg increased by 200 students since last school year.

As for "messin" . . . that's for the outhouse . . . I can't recognize sarcasim when it's in the form of text on a computer monitor.

aaahhhhhhh . . . I love it!!! I'm being serious when I type that!

GOOD FOR DHS!!! Great kids are getting money for school........I'M BEING SERIOUS WHEN I SAY THAT. Any young adult who can further their life through academics or sports deserves props /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> BUT orange is a flattering color on about everyone...(sarcasm insert) /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

GOOD FOR DHS!!! Great kids are getting money for school........I'M BEING SERIOUS WHEN I SAY THAT. Any young adult who can further their life through academics or sports deserves props /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> BUT orange is a flattering color on about everyone...(sarcasm insert) /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I know our class of 09 has some terrific ACT scores as well, and they'll only get higher!