Getting less with more

Govolsknox

I waited until after the 2007 season to voice my concerns about the Oak Ridge program. With the recent developments it is obvious that the current coach will remain in place. That leaves me with a decision. I will always be an Oak Ridge Wildcat fan. For many years, there has been for me no better place to be than Blankenship stadium on a Friday night. And I appreciate the past and present players and coaches for putting a classy and competitive program together year after year.

For myself, I felt like there were a number of things that needed to be said and thought about, but I recognized that I don't get to make the decision. The decision has now been made. I will not let my frustration with one person's actions (or lack of action) take away the love I have for OR football. I will continue to buy season tickets, and pull for the Wildcats to have a great season. People can learn, change, and improve, and it is my sincere hope that coach Stevens learns from both the on the field and off the field challenges he's faced. I plan to do my best at this point to focus on the positive and support the team. He's a young coach who has a a state championship and another championship game appearance to his credit. Hopefully he will continue to grow as a coach, and Oak Ridge will have many more championship opportunities in the future.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic