Getting less with more

Govolsknox

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bounder,

It's a sad state of affairs when the Superintendent of the school system tries to railroad a teacher out of town who is obviously the victim of a parents lynch mob with no justifiable reasons or facts, but in the exact opposite stance allows a coach to physically fight with parents and opposing coaches, grab opposing students and curse indiscriminately at fans, players, parents and coaches and protects him from the discipline he deserves.

http://www.oakridger.com/stories/020508/new_243980973.shtml

See the link about the hearing and the fact that the Tennessee education Association is defending this teacher againt Bailey and his Lynch Mob.

I hope decent citizens of OR desend on this hearing and make themselves heard....on both fronts.

Ole Dad

What a

Talked to some folks and they didn't seemed suprised. But it isn't election year for any school board members and Chuck is just too nice of a guy to do anything. We'll see.

It is apparent after seeing the mob of Oak Ridge residents up in arms over his Insider Justice System that Bailey turned this public matter into a closed hearing. He has once again abused the trust the citizens of Oak Ridge have placed in him and his office and will likey pull the same stunts when it is time to review Coach Stevens issues and their impact on his Tenure this spring. Enough is enough. Fire Bailey, Green and Stevens and start fresh with a group that is not disconnected from reality.

Ole Dad

Bounder,

It's a sad state of affairs when the Superintendent of the school system tries to railroad a teacher out of town who is obviously the victim of a parents lynch mob with no justifiable reasons or facts, but in the exact opposite stance allows a coach to physically fight with parents and opposing coaches, grab opposing students and curse indiscriminately at fans, players, parents and coaches and protects him from the discipline he deserves.

http://www.oakridger.com/stories/020508/new_243980973.shtml

See the link about the hearing and the fact that the Tennessee education Association is defending this teacher againt Bailey and his Lynch Mob.

I hope decent citizens of OR desend on this hearing and make themselves heard....on both fronts.

Ole Dad

What a

Hey Dad get this.... Our school super Dr. Bailey was overheard at a recent state meeting saying that the people in Oak Ridge were crazy, that a won-loss record was unimportant and the only thing that mattered was what the head coach taught the players! Only problem is this head coach is teaching the players fighting with students from other schools, fighting with coaches from other schools, using offensive language in public,never having a plan for anything, ect.

Just an FYI - the Hearing Officer, a former judge appointed to hear the case, closed this hearing without objection from the teacher or the School system, due to the privacy concerns of the minor children involved. From a legal stanpoint it was the correct move and probably would have been done if either side had objected. This is not a criminal case, it is a civil matter. Regardless, the protection of the children involved is the subject of many a law that would require a closed hearing.

Bounder,

What Bailey is missing, (one of the many things that eludes his dictatorship mentality) is that the two things are not mutually exclusive. There are many head coaches, and assistant coaches for that matter, that are great Christian people, role models, great leaders, and successful coaches. He currently has none of the above. Eventually the people of Oak ridge will get fed up with his lies, underhanded methods, vindictive behavior and backroom politics and replace him and Green both. Stand by, it??™s coming.

Ole Dad

Hey Dad get this.... Our school super Dr. Bailey was overheard at a recent state meeting saying that the people in Oak Ridge were crazy, that a won-loss record was unimportant and the only thing that mattered was what the head coach taught the players! Only problem is this head coach is teaching the players fighting with students from other schools, fighting with coaches from other schools, using offensive language in public,never having a plan for anything, ect.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey OR nole I guess from the responce you got that nothing has changed with Oak Ridge football from last year.

And it will probably be the same in the fall because NOBODY CARES as long as the power structure stays the same. I know I don't!! I bought basketball season tickets to support the school and will not buy football season tickets this year. First time in 20 years I won't be there. Some folks probably will be just as glad but....

I have no problem with "you real fans" doing all the work involved with raising the money for the Boosters and all the work parties at The Ship and the highschoo.l Wear yourselves out, I know I have and now it is time for the younger generation to take over. This is just a good time for me step aside. Thanks to all the Wildcats for all the memories.

Ronny Hayes aka Bounder

Ronnie,

Thanks for all the things you do for the Wildcat nation. Most people don't have a clue the time you and Becky have put into Oak Ridge Football. We did not know you guys at all and you were so good to my boys over the years. They are losing a very avid supporter and passionate fan. Let's see how many people want to roll up the sleeves and actually help with the new feel good program. I really don't care one way or the other, but I just wanted to say a special thanks to you and Becky!